Fishing Story.

Author
salmotrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2132
  • Reward points: 0
2007/05/31 14:06:46 (permalink)

Fishing Story.

I found my journal, and have a nice story. My wife and I had been dateing about a month and she came along to the Letort to watch. 
                8/23/2001 "My Most Beautiful Fish"

Heather met me and I fished up to the Duck Pond. At the top hole before the mill pool I had a big Trout swipe at the White Minnow. We also saw a fawn leave its hiding spot in the meadow grass and leap into the woods.
At the Duck Pond I saw a Snapping Turtle and went out to greet it, but when I got to it I decided it was too big to fool with. As I headed back towards shore I saw a Big Brown coming down our way. I said "My God here she comes!"
She Tucked herself under some cress in a channel about 50 feet upstream.
I threw a Sculpin fly to it, but the fish didn't move. I tied a large minnow fly on and hooked a piece of driftwood as I was in between casts and I was mad about it. Finally I worked the line to where the fish was, and practically hit the fish when the fly hit the water, and the fish spooked slightly.
I gave her a few minutes then cast again- about 12 feet right, and 6 feet right of the fish. Instantly she attacked the fly. I set the hook- she jumped and took off, about 4 jumps in all.
After a nice battle I worked her in, lay the rod down and gently held her up so Heather could get a pic. As heather was getting organized the hook came out, and the fish swam out of my hands. In a desperate attempt to get her back for a pic I dove after her soaking me and ruining my camara.
The fish  was gone. She was a beautiful fish around 23" and 4, or 5 pounds. I can still see her plump pinkish sides, and feel the water running down my waders. It was a perfect day.

***I still have my camara on my tying desk as a momento of that fish, and I married the girl. That Brown was the most beautiful fish I ever caught.
I'm attaching a pic of me fishing in the imfamous Duck Pond.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x123/odiebowl/Image12.jpg
post edited by salmotrutta - 2007/05/31 14:11:05

Lyrical

3 Replies Related Threads

steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: Fishing Story. 2007/05/31 15:17:55 (permalink)
    nice story.
    duncsdad
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 515
    RE: Fishing Story. 2007/05/31 19:48:56 (permalink)
    That is a great story!

Congrats on the fish and the wife.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
    Lochswa
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 108
    RE: Fishing Story. 2007/06/03 20:49:03 (permalink)
    Haha Great story! One time I was fishing with a buddy who did the same thing. He had a nice brown all the way to this hands and it popped off. It was early spring and he didnt hesitate a wink and dropped his rod and dove in after it. His dad nicknamed him "Kingfisher" :P
    Jump to: