Today's hunt

Author
Noplacelikehome
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 774
  • Reward points: 0
2008/10/14 13:37:27 (permalink)

Today's hunt

Spooked a bunch of deer walking to my tree stand. Snorting and crashing all through the woods. I could not even see them!(dark, fog) But they saw me. Hate full moons. Saw no deer while on stand, BUT found some very nice scrapes and a few new rubs walking out(very fresh). So it was not a total loss. Acorns EVERYWHERE!! I know exactly where me and my daughter will be once squirrel season opens.  I also know where to hunt for a buck at least. I wish I could enter my stands from a different direction but its posted and I will not trespass.Saw a buck hit on I 80 what a waste.Sometimes you just gotta play the cards your dealt. Good Luck to ALL!

4 Replies Related Threads

DanesDad
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3087
    RE: Today's hunt 2008/10/14 20:56:59 (permalink)
    They were moving this morning.  I saw a small one get hit on a two lane road today.  The truck knocked the deer down and the deer rolled two or three times, but then got up and bolted off.  Hopefully, it will be alright.
    Deadbolt401
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3029
    RE: Today's hunt 2008/10/14 23:26:35 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: DanesDad

They were moving this morning.  I saw a small one get hit on a two lane road today.  The truck knocked the deer down and the deer rolled two or three times, but then got up and bolted off.  Hopefully, it will be alright.

Hopefully.....

Anywho, home, try asking the Landowner for access on a part of his land to get to your stand. Worst he can say is no.
    Noplacelikehome
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 774
    RE: Today's hunt 2008/10/15 08:02:12 (permalink)
    Deadbolt, a few years ago the posted land owner caught a couple of "locals" (they lived close by)on his land. This was not the first time they were warned. Needless to say he wants NO one on his land for any reason.  One of the locals was actually caught in the land owners ladder stand smoking cigars! He also left litter on the ground. I don't blame him would you?? The only good thing about all this is that I have not seen another hunter in the area since then. 
    Deadbolt401
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3029
    RE: Today's hunt 2008/10/15 12:01:31 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Noplacelikehome

Deadbolt, a few years ago the posted land owner caught a couple of "locals" (they lived close by)on his land. This was not the first time they were warned. Needless to say he wants NO one on his land for any reason.  One of the locals was actually caught in the land owners ladder stand smoking cigars! He also left litter on the ground. I don't blame him would you?? The only good thing about all this is that I have not seen another hunter in the area since then. 

Still, can't hurt.

Same thing has happened to me, and I've asked permission, and now I hunt on some of the best land in my area.
    Jump to: