Select 
10 (Ten)   $1.95 50 (Fifty) $4.95

Qty: 

snippet(document)

Product Rating

(7 Ratings)
Write a ReviewRead 7 Reviews

Blackbird Swivels

Ultra light and super small, these Blackbird Swivels are ideal for connecting leaders to the main line.

Whether fishing for Steelhead, Bass, Walleye or other fresh water game fish, these are perfect for any light tackle application.

We carry these swivels in size nine, and they come in packs of ten or fifty. These are very small but strong swivels. They measure slightly less than 5/16" in overall length.

To order these swivels, please select "Add to Basket" above.
Started using these swivels last year just to keep the splitshot from slipping down my leader. Now i tie in one of these to the leader and then about 2 foot of tippet material makes it easy to replace the tippet and in clear slow water these are enough to sink an egg pattern without adding more weight. Just wondering if anybody else uses this setup..

3 Replies Related Threads

rureadytofish
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 95
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Using Swivels 2008/09/23 11:36:59 (permalink)
    I use them on my fly rod, my centerpin rod and my noodle rod.
    casts_by_fly
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 671
    RE: Using Swivels 2008/09/24 11:41:17 (permalink)
    for bottom bouncing I use them all of the time.  Using a float they work too.  A swivel can let you drop from heavier line to light line quickly.  You just have to be careful that you aren't using too light a line for the wire of the swivel.  If you go thinner line, you don't get the same amount of contact between the line and swivel and you'll break off more at the knot.  Think about tying a 10/0 saltwater hook with 6x tippet if you want a visual.  You can get around it a little by going through the hook eye twice (forget the name of the knot) but once you get down to 6X or so they don't make swivels small enough.

Thanks
    Rick
    anadromous fly
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 48
    RE: Using Swivels 2008/09/27 02:30:59 (permalink)
    I like the Raven tackle xxxs swivels. they are the size of an ant and are 10lb rated. I use them on the CP and fly rod. They are so small but very effective against line twist. Raven makes them in XS, XXS, and XXXS. Affordable, effective and makes changing out your bead or flesh very easy too. And the fish don't care about them even in Gin clear creeks.

Anadromous FLY
    Please practice catch and release.
    Tony MO
    916-897-0321

Jump to: