Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access?

Author
GadaboutGaddus
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 131
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/21 21:43:15 (permalink)

Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access?

Can anyone help me out on this situation? Was up on Slippery Rock today by the old Route 422 bridge by Rose Point camp ground fishing up stream. There is a house on the opposite side of the camp ground. I was fishing up stream in a nice pool when a women came out of the house and told me that I was fishing on private property and would have to go back down stream below the bridge to fish! I was in the water while I was fishing and not on her side of the stream. The camp ground has their property posted and she had hers posted. I always fished there before and no problems. Ran into two other guys fishing below the bridge and told them what had happened. They told me that she has been causing problems up there for a little while! I did not argue the point with the women and told her I did not know that and thanked her for telling me that the land was private. I fished below the bridge. Anyone know what is going on? Just curious! Thanks for any info.

May your fly rod always be bent!

6 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8507
    RE: Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access? 2008/09/21 21:58:46 (permalink)
    Sounds like woman gone wild!

flyfishermanPA
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1495
    RE: Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access? 2008/09/21 22:07:30 (permalink)
    I had problems with that same woman in the Spring. Got out of the car and there she was.. Drinking coffee with a smile on her face. I guess some fisherman weren't happy about it being private and took down the private signs. She wasn't very nice either. Man would I of liked to fish that section, it looked very nice! Instead we drove downstream and fished there...
    bubbaman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 239
    RE: Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access? 2008/09/23 16:34:36 (permalink)
    does the fish commission stock in that section ?
    flyfishermanPA
    Pro Angler
    RE: Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access? 2008/09/23 16:39:14 (permalink)
    Bubbaman, I was with my father and he had said that when you press the location on the fish stocking that it took him there. It looked like it was almost like a park, with a meadow on the side of the road..
    flyfishermanPA
    Pro Angler
    RE: Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access? 2008/09/23 16:47:25 (permalink)
    It really was a nice stretch of water. I'm sure if you follow that downstream to the further access point you could hike up and fish. I am thinking of asking permission to fish it in the Spring, or even be willing to help clean it up in exchange for a day of catch and release...
    RIZ
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Slippery Rock/Rose Point campground area and stream access? 2008/09/23 16:49:10 (permalink)
    according to the PAFBC site that stretch is stocked.
    Jump to: