any kahle lake info?

Author
phishfearme
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 232
  • Reward points: 0
2008/09/07 19:30:55 (permalink)

any kahle lake info?

we're considering a few days a kahle for bass and panfish. any recent experience?

thanks,
phish

4 Replies Related Threads

nightowl207
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 567
    RE: any kahle lake info? 2008/09/07 23:25:51 (permalink)
    I havent been there for a few weeks but the last time i was there, the gills were hitn pretty constantly but nothing of great size, cleanable but smaller than my standards.(i dont like cleaning anything smaller than 8-9in). caught several LM bass but nothing bigger than 14in-15in.  If you are on boat, I imagine you could get yourself into some nice sized perch. Its always worth a trip to kahle, peaceful, and somethings always biting. Youll have a good time, good luck.
    phishfearme
    Avid Angler
    RE: any kahle lake info? 2008/09/08 09:41:32 (permalink)
    thanks nightowl - we're planning on fishing out of a boat and have found the fishing pretty good just off the weeds from the south boat launch and down towards the dam. hopefully we can stumble over some nice size panfish - we usually do there.

care to give out any perch secrets?

thanks,
    phish
    nightowl207
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 567
    RE: any kahle lake info? 2008/09/09 01:57:02 (permalink)
    really dont have any secret. the biggest secret to catching nice sized perch is to find them, move around until you catch one, them fish that spot until they quit hitting, then start moving again. I never get fancy with bait, usually use fatheads or pieces of crawler. Good luck
    phishfearme
    Avid Angler
    RE: any kahle lake info? 2008/09/09 08:38:49 (permalink)
    night owl - yah, that's pretty much what we do also. just seems the depth at which you find the perch seems to change a good bit.

can you get fatheads local to the lake? we had to haul them up last time - couldn't find anything in emlenton.

thanks,
    phish
    Jump to: