Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 72
Author
marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/14 10:50:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/12/14 11:47:34
I will be up on Wednesday but I will be on the docks...did well there the last 2 trips and I just want to be lazy after pushing deer for a week and having everybody miss everything I push to them!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/14 11:38:15 (permalink)
chauncy
BTDT, you just missed me. I left around that time. I sat out in front of the point for a half hour catching small crappies and gills before I headed home to watch the Steelers play. Had a good day tho. Put quite a few good ones in the box.

That was me harassing ya from shore while I was getting the Fish Hawk ready to launch.  I saw the tight lines and the rod bowing, congratulations.  Toooo many other boats in the area and I didn't want to mess up your fishing so, I just headed to Snodgrass lookin for Walleye.

I didn't speak to any others except for a friend that just installed a Helix 7 DI and I know we didn't do well with the "eyes".

I'm beginning to change my thinking in that, 6 Walleye (6??(lol)) are far much easier than, cleaning 25 to 30 Crappie but now, I'm not cleaning either.  Might have to get back to Crappie fishing only.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/14 14:38:16 (permalink)
You just might catch more eyes fishing for crappies than fishing for eyes. Those crappies taste good too. Find them and they also keep your rod bending pretty good too.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/15 09:02:45 (permalink)
fyi...I have seen guys catching eyes off the dock...but I never have!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/15 11:38:39 (permalink)
marco
fyi...I have seen guys catching eyes off the dock...but I never have!

uh oH........ DID, SOMEBODY JUST DROP A SPOT BURN?? But I won't tell.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/15 12:06:18 (permalink)
I knew that would get a response from you!!...lmao..remember I said I never caught an eye there so I am void of any blame as to where this conversation goes!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/15 15:45:04 (permalink)
  Just me being me; tomorrow and Thursday looking to be Pymie days and rumor has it the Crappie and, maybe some Walleye are hitting shhhhhhh...........  around the dock's.

CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/15 18:37:30 (permalink)
Christmas lunch at work tomorrow, then another guy and I are gonna hit it in the afternoon. No sign of ice fishing soon, so might as well make the best of it. Can't believe we're still able to boat halfway through December, but I can't wait for winter to hit.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/15 20:04:52 (permalink)
crappie_slayer and BTDT...we will be watching you from the docks..will get there between 1 and 2..not trying to start something but if we do better, tomorrows posts will be good!..lol..lol
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 00:03:02 (permalink)
You're on.............  but you have to fish with one arm behind your back!    To show what kind a guy I am, I'll let ya chose which arm.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 18:56:14 (permalink)
Wellllllllll did ya catch anything like this??

Disclaimer:   Not caught by BTDT but, that will be our little secret so, don't tell Marcos...........  OK?

chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 18:58:08 (permalink)
Had a real short day today. Didn't feel like fighting that cold wind so after about an hour and a half i left. Kept seven good crappies and only had a couple throwbacks. Might hit Shenango thursday for a few hours then i'm off to Hershey to watch my grandson play for the state championship in football.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 20:17:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/12/16 20:23:04
Truely a wonderfully beautiful day on the Pumatuning where I about froze my [explicit]  off in a mild but constant breeze, that reduced the temp to a chilly 28 degree wind chill.    Sonar was showing little fishy pictures on the screen just about everywhere I would go, along with gargantuan sized clouds of bait fish. Blade type lures where once again, the bait of choice and once again, I didn't catch crap.

All was not a loss, in fact, the day ended being very successful as I was able to enjoy meeting up with two good guys from the 'Burgh' and made the acquaintance of a recent retiree of the US Air Force.  Bob, once again, thank you for your dedication and service to our country.

I was fishing at the dam when registered (Rob) sneaked up on me where we continued to fish and thaw out thanks to the dam "breaking the wind " and, something resembling, the sun finally broke through the clouds.  We fished til just before sunset then headed for the launch site, loaded the boats and, joined Marco (Marco) on the docks where he boasted about the bucket of fish he............  had given to him.  It was at this time that we met Bob and the four of us continued fishing until dark.  Ya should of seen the size of the Crappie that Marco lost but, I told Marco his secret was safe with me so, I can't tell ya about it.

Now  to let yinz know, just how swell of a guy Marco is, we had a little bet going for today regarding the amount of fish caught to see who would have "bragging rights".  Well, I heard several times about me not having caught but one perch and Marco having a bucket of (donated) fish.  I reminded Marco that I wasn't done fishing for the day even though he was packing up to head home.  He had some minnows left and offered them to Rob who said he had plenty and didn't need them, offered them to Bob who echoed Rob and I, who had none, watched him dump the bucket of bait right into the water where we were fishing from the dock.

I'm sure our laughter could be heard through the Pymie Valley while the four of us gathered our gear and headed off the docks, enjoying more chyts and giggles, as we made our way to our vehicles.

I'm sorry to say, should I be asked to partake in another scenario such as to day I would have to say...........  You bet your [explicit].

Rob, Bob and, Marco thanks for good times!

Your friend and mine;

John.

PS.  We invited Bob to join us here on Fish/USA. 

Still better than a good day at work.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/12/16 20:20:35

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 20:18:43 (permalink)
roflmao with my wife.  I am speechless!..dont know where to start..i been had big time!!! if you read the previous posts you will see we had a little     wager going w BTDT.  him and registered fished all day in the boats and I was off the dock.  we were gonna see who did better.  here is the short scoop...I caught some fish off the dock...they caught none...but they were nice enough to come and visit me on the dock before they left.  I thought ..wow what great guys!!..well....BTDT took a pic of my fish in my bucket and posts it here before I got home.  I will be laughing about this for a long time and I will remember that trick!...      Keep a close eye on BTDT..he is SNEAKY!!!!!!
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 20:23:03 (permalink)
Bob, Registered and BTDT...I had a ball...cant stop laughing!...cant wait to do it again!  Its not the fish you catch....it the friends you keep!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 20:27:29 (permalink)

MOI 

Marco... Good time buddy, looking forward to doing it again real soon.

Chauncy, Just missed ya again, I was going in while you were going out.  Was a tough one today, the wind just wasn't playing nice.

Best of luck to your grandson and his team.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/12/16 20:29:01

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 22:25:12 (permalink)
Go Farrell !   BTDT your a slickster.... but Walcat would be proud of you. 
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/16 23:09:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/12/17 09:55:58
Marco, The "club" is planning a "tailgate" at Pymie sometime after Christmas and because ice fishing looks to be a bust, we are going for a "party on the docks".   Rob felt bad you weren't able to attend the meeting but I told him, you would be happy to hear the committee nominated you................to  bring the groceries.  ummmm no smoked trout...  Please?

I am in charge of the bait (now there's opportunity) so I figure if 12 people attend, I'll need two dozen minnows.  Give or take 1/2 dozen.

As soon as the plans are finalized, we will send out the invitations and get you the menu, 10-4?

roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/17 09:57:02 (permalink)
We are a club now? Cool!
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/17 18:52:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/12/17 19:33:08
I am in..and I will bring groceries..but it seems kind of funny that it is on the docks where I was catching fish!  I know you guys wanna be like me..especially BTDT..i don't blame him.. if somebody wants to cook I will bring all the food fit for a king..steaks burgers, shrimp..whatever..i just cant cook but I will bring good food!..who is bringing wine?  lol..sounds like a big tailgate party..  regeristered and btdt..while they are cooking I will instruct on the art of catching fish!..hehehehe
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/17 19:35:14 (permalink)
Ok.... Ok     I concede...............  you win!  

Sorry you lost that really really nice Crappie, that was a dandy but, it got off your hook...... darn!

good times!

PS.  After seeing your grocery list, I'm thinking the membership just went from a few to, a few hundred.

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/17 19:53:40 (permalink)
BTDT,,give me a count I will bring food...I don't mind..but not cooking...please tell everybody on here how I begged you to get the net for me and you would not because you got mad I was outfishing you!!

P.S.  lmao..i can take it but I can dish it out also!,,lol
outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/17 21:00:59 (permalink)
Just take a propane powered deep fryer. You eat what u catch but some people may go hungry then
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/17 22:12:57 (permalink)
outasync
Just take a propane powered deep fryer. You eat what u catch but some people may go hungry then

"NO comments from the Peanut Gallery"....  thank you very much!!!!
************************************************************************************************************

I thought one of the other guys was gonna pick the net up.............  I didn't know I was standing on the handle..........  honest!

We'll get together sometime after the Holidays buddy, when everybody is suffering from "cabin fever", and plan a chytz and giggle party!

Til then, weather shaping up for another contest next week and I got "dibs" on the boat dock.

outasync
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/17 23:27:18 (permalink)
I may have to head out saturday for a while. Wife is planning on a baking and wrapping party and she didn't invite me!! So I may sneak away in the boat....even tho by what I've read on here may be better suited with a chair instead.
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/18 08:52:31 (permalink)
outasync..love your idea...I will make a fortune selling my fish to registered and BTDT!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/22 23:20:33 (permalink)
No fishing for me today,  stupid weather dude said 7 to 8 MPH wind for today that turned out to be, high speed sail boat fuel.

I guess it was a good thing in the long run as I was able to get my Christmas shopping started for my wife.  Drove 15 miles, one way, through 1:00 pm rush hour traffic to a particular store only to find out they were sold out of the item I was after.    Christmas time and the store is out of stock of what I wanted to buy.........   what's up with that?

Well, spent the better part of the day traveling 10 minutes to another store, well actually a mall, where I met some of the nicest sales people who were more than willing to sell me everything I didn't want.  To boot, they had plenty of the items in stock too.

Was successful with finding a few items, I got some things the wife didn't want to buy earlier this year and I think, she will be really surprised to see them Christmas morning.

Lesson learned, next year, I shop only stores where they gift wrap.

Made it home, safe and sound, after driving 15 miles fighting the 2:00 pm rush hour traffic.

From Me And Mine, To You And Yours

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS 

mopars0
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 742
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/22 23:45:12 (permalink)
Well I can relate to that BTDT ... Meaning that stores being out of things. As far as the fishing goes boat all tucked away until Spring... But I did need a new laptop , only got 5 years out of old laptop Guess they don't last forever😝... Anyhow went to local store over weekend , picked out new laptop on SALE ... Thought great price can't beat this get it home only to find out it doesn't have the DVD drive ... Ya know one of those thinny things I guess is what they call it. So figure ok I'll get an external DVD drive for it. Go back out to store and yep didn't have it in stock .... Say what !!! So had to order one but hey it will be here by the end of the month 😡.... So ya I can relate ...Stupid store !!!! And of course they tried to sale me more stuff which I really didn't need for my new laptop...... So MERRY CHRISTMAS To you and yours bud ....

STEVE.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/30 22:13:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2016/01/02 20:09:50
OMG........  as in Oh My Gosh, I hit the lake today and found the water level back to normal.  Yep, Pymie filled right back up, no doubt from all the rain.  Will be interesting to see if the High Echelon will draw the lake back down or leave it be.

The DX 200 had little fishy pictures popping up consistently in 20 to 28 FOW anywhere between 10' and the bottom.  Not many fishy pictures in the shallower levels and nothing closer to the shore lines.

Didn't get my usual "skunking" today but I didn't bring home, dinner either.  A 11" crappie took the lunker award and a 10" 'eye' won the walleye tournament.

OAT was at 41 degrees with the lake looking like glass except for some occasional ripples brought on by a light breeze.

The bells tolled 6:30 when I pulled the Fish Hawk from the water and made my way back to my little piece of Penn's woods.

Not getting my hopes to high but, next week looking like I'll be making several trips back to Pymie..........  YES!!

outasync
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/12/30 23:45:46 (permalink)
Found out tonight I get a involuntary vacation next week at uncle Sam's expense so I may have to make a trio up myself. Something tells me a sucker on bottom may yield results :)
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 15 of 72
Jump to: