Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 72
Author
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 09:51:32 (permalink)
That just might work ! LOL... Better order the heavy duty edition Walcat. Might need a little more RPM's on his maybe Mopar can rev it up !
post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2015/11/13 09:58:16
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 10:04:08 (permalink)
Heavy duty edition....................   I think I should like to be the judge of that, thank you very much!

Captain, sorry to hear of your daughter's accident with the deer; happy to hear there were no injuries except for the stupid deer.  
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/11/13 10:05:20

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9687
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 13:09:41 (permalink)
Good stuff Walcat.  Her breakfast machine was pretty awesome too.  That chick is pretty cool.
registered
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 16:33:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/13 16:40:06
marco
my advice..sleep in... got up at 350 am..ask my wife..i sent her a text..was on lake at 530 heading towards dam..to be honest..i could not see a thing..it was black as coal...my partner said he could see....just drove while we screamed at each other...fished till 2..11 great craps and 1 sub eye...threw some perch and gills back..230 at dock...an old timer...not like me..is putting in..we talked..he said his bud limited out on eyes last night and caught 20 nice craps..sorry registered...he said sleep in in the fall the bite starts at nite..I am so confused I could took take the bridge..going back Monday evening...I believe everything everyone tells me!

If Cptn Hook didn't catch em I doubt anybody is catching them. I fished that evening until after 7 pm and it was almost 8 when I was loaded up and leaving. There were no boats on that part of the lake and no vehicles in the lot. The guy that limited out, if he was in a boat, had to launch after 8 pm, in the wind and rain and that automatically makes him heartier than I.
But let's find out if there is a night bite?
What about a gathering this coming Monday afternoon / evening? We'll commit to staying out until we slam the walleye or get slammed by the BS stories (not you Marco but that old codger that's telling tales of big walleye and buckets of crappie)? 
Surely one of us should be able to connect if there is a fall night bite? What say you all? Could be a grand way to end the season.
rob
post edited by registered - 2015/11/13 16:42:03
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 18:35:01 (permalink)
Bagged my buck today. Time to break out the waders now :).
marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 18:38:26 (permalink)
registered..I am in...these guys are all full of bs..I am no roland martin but I have been around the block...I am good mon or tues afternoon and evening..who else is w us,,,btdt..you can sleep in ..you have no excuse!!...walcat..you can sink btdt boat..perfect opportunity!...captain hook..your the expert..meet and teach us!...I am paying for the beers when we limit out!!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 19:37:24 (permalink)
Do we have to limit out??????????

Crappie_Slayer there's no need for waders, I'll be at Jamestown Monday and possibly Tuesday.  Send PM if ya would like a a ride.  

Low of 35 for Sunday night and low of 49 for Monday night but, day time temps and wind lookin goooooood.  

Let the  begin!

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/13 23:02:43 (permalink)
Good luck guys work still calls me yet . Those afternoon shifts cut into my fishing days. Took a few days off this week to wet a line and I'm not lying it's tough fishing. I tossed all artificial stuff the other night so maybe some live bait would be a better choice. Hope you guys get some action if you head up.
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/14 05:50:38 (permalink)
I have not done it in a few years but don't see why it still would not work try fishing in 18 flow in front of Snodgrass with blade baits. With the lake drawn down so much you may never find 18 flow but still worth playing around in deeper water. Worth a try since nobody's catching any to speak of, I always did well there in the past.Silver sonar,Vi-be,or silver buddy where my best baits.
registered
Novice Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/14 10:29:57 (permalink)
marco
registered..I am in...these guys are all full of bs..I am no roland martin but I have been around the block...I am good mon or tues afternoon and evening..who else is w us,,,btdt..you can sleep in ..you have no excuse!!...walcat..you can sink btdt boat..perfect opportunity!...captain hook..your the expert..meet and teach us!...I am paying for the beers when we limit out!!

I'll bring some sun dried tomatoes from the garden.
And, some dried apples and bananas for BTDT.
post edited by registered - 2015/11/14 11:09:01
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/14 13:34:23 (permalink)
Honestly fellows, it was just after dark on 10/31; I was standing on one of the docks  tying up my boat getting ready to head home.  I looked out and on the water there was this really old dude standing in his boat.  I mean this guy was old, even older than Walcat, and by the model of his Starcraft so was his boat but, surprisingly, looking as if it were new.

"Catch anything" he quizzed; "Nah" , I quipped "How 'bout you" I asked;  "It's 'cause you're leaving at the start of the bite" he said.  "Gotta use [censored] in [spotburn] ft. of water by first light or just after dark.  I been limiting out the last couple of nights" he jeered.

So, now you guys are saying that you have never seen this guy, even though he told me he fishes that same area every night til freeze up?

I find that strange unless, you guys are just funnin' me and, pulling my leg.  Which, I think you arrrrrr...... ummmmm you don't suppose, given the night, that I may have been hearing A fishing story and talking to the ghost of, catching past?

registered
Novice Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/14 14:35:24 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Honestly fellows, it was just after dark on 10/31; I was standing on one of the docks  tying up my boat getting ready to head home.  I looked out and on the water there was this really old dude standing in his boat.  I mean this guy was old, even older than Walcat, and by the model of his Starcraft so was his boat but, surprisingly, looking as if it were new.

"Catch anything" he quizzed; "Nah" , I quipped "How 'bout you" I asked;  "It's 'cause you're leaving at the start of the bite" he said.  "Gotta use [censored] in [spotburn] ft. of water by first light or just after dark.  I been limiting out the last couple of nights" he jeered.

So, now you guys are saying that you have never seen this guy, even though he told me he fishes that same area every night til freeze up?

I find that strange unless, you guys are just funnin' me and, pulling my leg.  Which, I think you arrrrrr...... ummmmm you don't suppose, given the night, that I may have been hearing A fishing story and talking to the ghost of, catching past?

I think I know that guy. If I recall correctly his name is "YSHBHY".
The name itself is derived from the ancient Nordic seafaring language.
In English it translates to: You should have been here yesterday.
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/14 17:57:38 (permalink)
Payback it's for real  !

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/14 18:56:32 (permalink)
You guys ain't right........ but, funny as heck!        

Cleaning out the boat tomorrow, will be taking one fishing rod, one tackle box, one lunch, one propane heater and, one pair of insulated gutchies for  Monday.

Oh yeah,  also one hurt ego.........  didn't get my deer.    Yet......! stupid deer!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/15 07:59:26 (permalink)
With the third biggest (OMG) El Nino in history (and it's building(Ohhhh Noooo!)) yinz down south may jus' get that cold this year.

Freeze the balls off your pool table!

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/15 20:16:26 (permalink)
Walcat, you ain't right ! I got one for you too !

Look what hit my Rap today fishing, while you guys watched football all day. It's a mini version of what I was after......

post edited by CAPTAIN HOOK - 2015/11/15 22:58:10
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/15 23:11:59 (permalink)
Casting or trolling?
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/15 23:27:32 (permalink)
Chauncy, you gonna make it to Pymie tomorrow?

Captain, I would been right there with ya today, man my thoughts were nowhere else.  Wife suggested we hang Christmas lights today and I looked her right square in the eye and said "have at it"!!     Sorry I couldn't make it.   Geez, the little lady seems to be losing her sense of humor lately.

Great pictures too.

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/16 09:30:50 (permalink)
I cheated on you guys, stuck down to Shenango River with my boy. Nothing great , just had some fun wading and casting in November on a nice day. I got a picture and a story coming up soon. Great weather !
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/16 12:00:08 (permalink)
No nothing to brag about just a little Fall action.......

Who said Catfish ain't pretty ?

Caught this one in the wife's washing machine.....look how clean he is ......LOL

It's still a "dam" nice place to fish !

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/16 20:44:47 (permalink)
nice pics captain!...you should start a guide service!!!...walcat hope yr feeling better!...here is my report from pymy.  gotta get it in before btdt...he is way funnier than me.  well..it was a beautiful day!  that's it..got to pymy at 1130...fished 3 mins..caught a nice perch...2 mins later caught another one...then NOTHING the rest of the day.  but..it was one of those days that makes you grateful to be alive...warm..sun...btdt..registered..and another gentleman ......forgot his name fished well in to the dark.  4 boats out there w lights on a flat calm warm lake in November!  if you were watchin from shore you would be saying..those guys must be catching fish cause they are all in the same place doing the same thing..we were..just bullshi....!  we heard they are pulling docks at Jamestown tom so probably gonna do boat in and try to kill some coyotes.  walcat..will will catch you in the spring..btdt and regeristered..it was an honor and a pleasure fighing w you.  we will do it again on the ice or in the spring..and maybe we will catch fish next time...ps..I will never post that the eyes are hitting at pymy again...if I do I am lying!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/16 21:15:02 (permalink)
The other guys name was Bill..........  ummmmm, LaFevier or some thing like that!  Said he had a brother, Dave I think, who catches the crap out of Walleye on Pymie.  Man, some of the stories Bill was telling us about getting into the 'eyes' when they are hitting.  Says they catch Walleye like some guys catch Crappie.

Had a great time and what a marvelous day, just beautiful!   Too bad they are pulling the docks tomorrow but, could still launch with some caution.  Weather ain't lookin so good after tomorrow though so, time to put Mr. Boat to beddy bye.  I hate that, it's so hard to get the thing into it's jammies.  Doesn't like the stupid bunny feet.

Yes Walcat,  I BTDT [a legend in my own mind] got skunked (again) and before you start may I say, in my own defense, !

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/16 22:15:38 (permalink)
Ok, now here's what really happened, I hit the water just after 11:30 am getting to my special spot about two minutes latter [no spot burning, please] where I dropped a "buck tail" and a "sonar" into 28' FOW and immediate snagged both lures on the bottom!  I know.... I know, I was shocked too but, keeping my cool I was able to free the "Sonar"  however, I lost the "buck tail" .   Well losing a "buck tail" may not be a big deal to most of yinz but, it was the first one that I ever tied.......... that didn't lose all the hair as soon as it hit the water.

It was exciting and I did not want to leave the spot, my "Hummingbird" was chirping like a flock of birds at the bird feeder and showing fish stacked everywhere under the boat.  I mean everywhere, no matter where I turned, or which direction I traveled, according to the "Hummingbird" fish was everywhere!  Until, I snagged the bottom a second time and that's when I realized, I was jigging my "Sonar" directly under the transducer!

Well I lucked out a second time and freed my brand new never been used before "Sonar" and decided to relocate to another secrete spot which will remain a secrete because I caught as many fish there as I did at the first secrete spot.  Not wanting to waste any more time investigating my secrete spots I patiently awaited the arrival of 'registered' and 'Marcos' at which time I secretly watched and secretively plotted a course to their secrete spots.  Sorry, I can't divulge that information as those of you that know me, know I don't spot burn.... free of charge.

As always, the fishing was great even though the catching sucked but, that matters not as, I enjoyed the conversation (A/K/A, BS) with Marcos, registered and, a new found friend Bill who says I should meet his, I think, brother Dave for some pointers on Walleye fishing.

Golly, already, I can't wait till they put the docks back in.

PS.  Marcos, are you still buying the beer?

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/11/16 22:18:46

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/17 07:19:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby marco 2015/11/17 12:04:50
Guys put the boat away.wife and I fished the docks at Jamestown and to be honest you will catch more there than in the lake .We got some nice crappies and a few perch and tons of gills although not the biggest. On veterans day couple fellows across from me had stringers full of some nice crappies.A walleye was caught also although not legal.Yesterday must ohave been 20 guys fishing docks.most had fish in baskets we did ok few perch a couple big crppies and bunch of gills. It still hurts to put the boat away
marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/17 12:04:24 (permalink)
ice nut..is that supposed to make us feel better?  lmao..was up there couple days ago and my buddy said look at all the people fishing off the docks...I said..they are not catching squat!..lol..the joke was on me...btdt and registered..i got a new secret spot it is hot!....ice nut..don't be surprised if you see me up there!...fishing the docks!
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/17 17:25:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/23 09:13:07
Honest marco nobody spends more boat time on pymie than me 3 times week at least.And in truth we have done as well lately on the docks Hope to see you there Look for old guy white beard red tundra in lot wife always in tow b/c she always catches fish!!!!!
registered
Novice Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/17 18:39:33 (permalink)
marco
nice pics captain!...you should start a guide service!!!...walcat hope yr feeling better!...here is my report from pymy.  gotta get it in before btdt...he is way funnier than me.  well..it was a beautiful day!  that's it..got to pymy at 1130...fished 3 mins..caught a nice perch...2 mins later caught another one...then NOTHING the rest of the day.  but..it was one of those days that makes you grateful to be alive...warm..sun...btdt..registered..and another gentleman ......forgot his name fished well in to the dark.  4 boats out there w lights on a flat calm warm lake in November!  if you were watchin from shore you would be saying..those guys must be catching fish cause they are all in the same place doing the same thing..we were..just bullshi....!  we heard they are pulling docks at Jamestown tom so probably gonna do boat in and try to kill some coyotes.  walcat..will will catch you in the spring..btdt and regeristered..it was an honor and a pleasure fighing w you.  we will do it again on the ice or in the spring..and maybe we will catch fish next time...ps..I will never post that the eyes are hitting at pymy again...if I do I am lying!

Marco,
It was great getting to meet you and fishing with you, BTDT and Bill.
It was a good evening gathering , lots of laughs, good conversation.
A few walleye would only been icing.
We'll do it again.
Rob
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/17 20:46:27 (permalink)

******* CORRECTION ************  CORRECTION  ******

Pulling the docks is only a rumor...........  Pulling the docks is only a rumor............. Pulling the docks is only a rumor

Somebody lied............  Somebody fibbed...............  Somebody is a bigger  than me!

WALCAT................ just never you mind!

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/11/17 20:47:52

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 00:02:22 (permalink)
Well here's the picture now the story. No I didn't catch this beauty ! As we were fishing my son spotted this nice Striper floating and half swimming on top the water. Next thing we knew it was right in front of us just fanning on the surface. I grabbed it and lifted it up to check it out. Seen a few red marks on the body and noticed it's mouth was a little marked up too. I opened the mouth to check for hooks or anything in it's mouth and everything seemed good. Snapped a few photos and back in the water it went. It just continued to half swim away and appeared to be totally spent. Kept rolling on the surface upside down and floated down river last I'd seen. I have no idea why this fish was it such bad condition. Disease , age , lure stuck in mouth too long, came through sluices and got busted up ? Your guess is as good as ours. Hope it's not some disease that wipes these hybrids out . Seems like the big numbers up in the lake have dropped past few years hope this isn't why. Shame is , it was a good ten pound plus fish.

See BTDT I can catch fish barehanded what ya think Walcat ? No rod or reel !    LOL....
ZelieSam
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 727
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/18 00:27:26 (permalink)
Yow!  That thing is a beast!  But he isn't sick... he's swimming downstream to Arthur for me to catch in the spring.  

Proves one thing at least... spend enough time on the water, you see some awesome stuff.  Thx for sharing.
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 12 of 72
Jump to: