Helpful ReplyPYMATUNING FISHING REPORT

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 72
Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/23 12:29:43 (permalink)
walcat
Set the alarm for 5 AM !!!!!!!                                                          

Yeah...........! right!!

You can't fool me Walcat.

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/23 14:59:55 (permalink)

That's

Just

HORRIBLE

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

outasync
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 730
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/23 15:45:38 (permalink)
Don't just set it for 5am but also make sure it's on! And don't hit snooze 64x
olds-Pa
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/24 11:50:27 (permalink)
Went shore fishing early this morning. 12 am to 3 am this morning. Not much to show for for the effort, but fun none the less. 1 short walleye and 1 about 17". Both are still there. Proving once again musky are not the only fish that takes a thousand casts to catch. Fish were chasing bait near shore,(which is farther out than i've ever seen it) but didn't seem to want rapalas or any crank baits. All hits were on either 2" or 4" swim jigs. Now it will take another 2 days for me to recover from such an early adventure...olds
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1156
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/24 17:27:56 (permalink)
Nice report olds. Can't wait to get back out myself. Maybe tomorrow evening. Not sure what you throw for swimbaits, but here's to the mimic minnow.
oldsAll hits were on either 2" or 4" swim jigs.
[/quote
post edited by CRAPPIE_SLAYER - 2015/10/24 17:30:08
chauncy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1298
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/25 20:26:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/10/26 09:09:18
Fished Pymy southend on wednesday, 10/15. finished the day with a pretty good mixed bag. 16 crappies, 5 perch, 3 bluegills, and 2 9" rockbass. Threw back about a dozen crappies under 10"s too. Fished from 8ft to 15ft near or over wood. Caught everything on small jigs and BG shad bodies. Got the bodies from Ricters baitshop. Picture on my i-pad. i'll try to post it later, BTDT.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/25 20:54:34 (permalink)
Ha haa ha..... Good for you Chauncy, I enjoy reading a successful fishing or hunting story and, pictures add to the enjoyment.  Besides seein a picture show gives me a reason to fire-up the popcorn popper. (a/k/a, microwave).

I find Richters to be a nice place to stop on my way to the lake.  I'd say they have pretty much what a guy needs, from groceries to baits, for spending a day on Pymie as well as good service and I think reasonable prices.

Keep the reports coming even, if there is no pictures, I can still have my popcorn!
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/10/25 20:56:48

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/26 23:21:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/10/27 08:43:12

Can you imagine what went through my mind when I pulled into Jamestown launch today?

BIOLOGIST EVERYWHERE!

OMG I thought they finally solved the puzzle and were waiting for me!  Or somebody ratted on me! 

But, no problem as it turned out, the PFBC and members of a fishing club were stocking Musky all over the lake.  9000 to be exact and the average size was ten inches.  A big hardy  for the members of the Musky club for taking time and the use of their boats to assist with getting the fish transferred.  Sorry to say I didn't get the name of the club or where they were from.

BTW, note the sailboat taking up two slips again. Well, ya shoulda seen how these two eight balls parked their tow vehicle and trailer.  Barely had enough room to get my rig around the back of their trailer so I could access the launch.     I arrived bright and early at 12:05 pm today and this doorknob is sitting there practically blocking the entire boat launch while he played with the rigging on the trailer.  I passed by the boat launch at 5:30 pm and The Captain and Tennille are  still playing with their sailboat and continue to cause others difficulty getting launched.

Oh well all was not lost as the last rays of sun set behind the trees, it was a beautiful day on the Pymie and for those willing to brave the colder night temperatures there should be plenty of moon light tonight.

EWW...... EWW  I most forgot!

Rumor has it................

Tightlines.

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/10/26 23:24:05

ZelieSam
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 727
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/27 11:32:05 (permalink)
Nice fish!  That thing would get hit by hot grease and beer batter at my house.  But those pictures of Pymie are clearly a fabrication.  I've never been there and seen less than 2 foot whitecaps.  Guessing photoshop.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/27 12:38:44 (permalink)
walcat
Was that one hit by a boat????{roadkill}

Now that there is funny; I don't care who ya are!!! ~ Larry, what's his name?

Oh, and Walcat while I got ya on the line  and 
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/10/27 12:43:57

marco
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 171
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/28 09:49:31 (permalink)
nice..BTDT....I am on my way..as soon as I shoot a buck...might be a few days..lol
CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/10/30 12:43:03 (permalink)
Nice call Walcat .....LOL ! Musky Mania at Pymatuning continues into the future..... sounds great !

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/04 13:41:29 (permalink)
ok...bagged my buck this morn...albeit...a small basket rack...been a long season and I am greatful for the harvest.  now back to fishing.  wife and I are coming up this weekened.  I cant wait to get back on the water.  anybody know anything at pymy.  did the water come up at all.  anybody getting eyes?  any hints would be greatly appreciated.  thanks
roygpa
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/04 14:18:43 (permalink)
Marco:
As of Sunday the water was still low. Strong winds were blowing Sunday. I'd bet a person on a surfboard could have made good time across the lake mid afternoon when the wind shifted from the south west to more of a westerly direction. The swells built up and then came back down over a period of a about 20 minutes. Wouldn't have wanted to be on the lake at that point.

Roy

Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/04 15:35:02 (permalink)
Congrats Marco on your buck. Any buck with the arrow is special.
ZelieSam
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/04 16:09:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/04 16:47:09
roygpaAs of Sunday the water was still low. Strong winds were blowing Sunday. I'd bet a person on a surfboard could have made good time across the lake mid afternoon when the wind shifted from the south west to more of a westerly direction. The swells built up and then came back down over a period of a about 20 minutes. Wouldn't have wanted to be on the lake at that point.

First believable Pymie report ever.  Though he probably downplayed how windy and useless it was a little.  
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/04 19:47:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/05 10:47:43

WAY To GO MARCO!!!!!

Decided to change the location of my deer stand for the next couple of days!  Was in it all day today and will be tomorrow too!   Stupid deer!

Looky Sam......................  No white caps!

Took the Captains advice and got on the water really early; like that, made a difference!!

Stopped at the local bait store and asked about their "FATHEADS" and the proprietor said he ain't seen Walcat!

Spoke briefly with Chauncy and he said he caught Crappie but he had to fish really hard for em.  

Talked to three other boats and they reported empty live wells as did other boats they spoke with.  Have to say, I gotta believe them, I see no reason why a boat would lie. 

Gonna do it all over again tomorrow, with 'registered' and we will be catching.........................  I hope.

Thank-you and good night.

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 07:17:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby roygpa 2015/11/05 10:48:13
We took advantage of the beautiful day wen and fished out of Jamestown. A good number of boats out for nov 3rd. I got 3 crappie and a scranny perch. My wife got a really nice crappie and a huge channel cat. I think its time to winterize the boat and start bank fishing.Soon I 'll be on the ice I hope then I'll start catching again!!!!!!!!!!!!

icenut(Bill)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 21:41:14 (permalink)

I know Walcat, ya gotta watch that dude , he can getcha in trouble when ya least expect it.  Good times buddy

I have to say, today I had the pleasure and a ball fishing with "registered".  We hit Pymie at 7:30 am fishing till around 2:00 pm with no success, once again, proving the Captain's theory of early to rise will get you 'eyes'...............rrrright!  But, it did get us a great parking space!

Shortly after 2:00 we loaded up and started trucking to Shenango where we launched without incident.  Gave "registered" the fifty cent tour then tried our luck at catching something resembling a fish.

A boat at Pymie reported  "one descent walleye" and a fisherdude at Shenango said he did well with Crappie and we saw a guy land a really nice L/M Bass then hear him say excitedly, he was killin the bass and must have "landed thirty pounds" today.  I guess he was in a fishing tournament with himself or something?

Shenango, according to the "gauge" has dropped nearly  2', since my excursion there with Zelie Sam on 10/31, with a water temp. of 62-64 and, Pymatuning remains low with the water temps at 50-52.

To top the day off, I got to meet "Wayneo73" and his kayaking buddies. 

Sunday looks to be shaping up for my next adventure, to parts unknown, seeking the elusive fish.

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 21:48:00 (permalink)
btdt,,,  how were you fishing pymy?  trolling...drifting...your bumming me out...taking wife sunday..got to catch something..am I better off at shenango?  little help here please..i don't want a divorce!  if I take her out in the cold and get nothing...I am in deep doodoo..whats up w the eyes at pymy?  they should be on fire???  no details..just every secret you have for catching fish this time of year..my marriage depends on it!!!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 22:40:09 (permalink)
OH BOY are you in BIG trouble.  Sucks to be you..............10-4!!!!!

Your asking me for advice on catching fish at Pymie?  I'm thinkin it was you that got me started with your advice.  You ain't blaming me for not catching... NO WAY!

First, I spent too much time going from Jamestown to the causeway via boat.  That time could have better been spent fishing Snod Grass-Jamestown area in and around the sunken islands.  I was hoping, the SSW wind the past two days would be stacking the bait fish against the wall and the walleye would be feeding.  They may well have but, not while we were there.

Rob and I, each using different baits, started with tossing jigs of one type or another.  We worked thru the wall to the marina and back thru the wall.  Later we sent worm rigs out on a lead core and we chased a harness out on a planer board rigged with a bottom bouncer.

We trolled parallel to the wall working our way south.

We had planned on Rob being able to see Shenango before he needed to return home so,we packed up and moved south.  

As for taking your lovely lady fishing at Shenango, there are no docks.  Unless you are one of the fortunate ones having a spouse who can back the trailer into the water thereby letting you drive off/on, then parking the vehicle, I WOULD NOT ADVISE SHENANGO!

marco
Avid Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 23:12:33 (permalink)
btdt..not going to shenago w/o docks..wife will hit me w a bat...only been to Jamestown lot once and never fished lower lake below Snodgrass...should I be watching for hidden sandbars..what is the wall?  I goota get to eyes or my name is mud and I will be cookin dinner for a month!

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 23:16:17 (permalink)
Persistence usually pays off ! ......but I'm wondering?  The fish didn't make the time change the bite's an hour off!
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 23:17:37 (permalink)
CAPTAIN HOOK
Persistence usually pays off ! ......but I'm wondering?  The fish didn't make the time change the bite's an hour off!

NOW CUT THAT OUT!

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/05 23:30:28 (permalink)
marco
btdt..not going to shenago w/o docks..wife will hit me w a bat...only been to Jamestown lot once and never fished lower lake below Snodgrass...should I be watching for hidden sandbars..what is the wall?  I goota get to eyes or my name is mud and I will be cookin dinner for a month!

Yes watch the locator, going down the lake stay center right and you should have little difficulty but, watch for depth changes as it will shallow quickly.  The causeway is what I am referring to as the wall but, there is a breaker wall at the marina on the north side of the cause way.

If ya don't know Shenango, not a good place to be boater moating.  Water is way down and dropping with no shoal markers anywhere. Lots of places to ruin your lower unit and boat before your locator would have a chance to show depth changes.  

Great time to find fish structure/habitat for next spring crappy fishing though.

wayneo73
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/06 08:31:03 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.

To top the day off, I got to meet "Wayneo73" and his kayaking buddies. 

great meeting you john... always good to be able to put a face with the name.  hopefully they were biting for you after we left.

i think it's time to start trying live bait!
ZelieSam
Expert Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/06 08:47:07 (permalink)
wayneo73i think it's time to start trying live bait!

Whitey don't believe in bait!  I told him all day that the best minnow lure was ACTUAL MINNOW!

Sorry Hoss, meant to call him Hoss.  :)
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/06 08:50:14 (permalink)

NOW.......... STOP THAT!

registered
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/06 12:35:48 (permalink)
BeenThereDoneThat.
OH BOY are you in BIG trouble.  Sucks to be you..............10-4!!!!!

Your asking me for advice on catching fish at Pymie?  I'm thinkin it was you that got me started with your advice.  You ain't blaming me for not catching... NO WAY!

First, I spent too much time going from Jamestown to the causeway via boat.  That time could have better been spent fishing Snod Grass-Jamestown area in and around the sunken islands.  I was hoping, the SSW wind the past two days would be stacking the bait fish against the wall and the walleye would be feeding.  They may well have but, not while we were there.

Rob and I, each using different baits, started with tossing jigs of one type or another.  We worked thru the wall to the marina and back thru the wall.  Later we sent worm rigs out on a lead core and we chased a harness out on a planer board rigged with a bottom bouncer.

We trolled parallel to the wall working our way south.

We had planned on Rob being able to see Shenango before he needed to return home so,we packed up and moved south.  

As for taking your lovely lady fishing at Shenango, there are no docks.  Unless you are one of the fortunate ones having a spouse who can back the trailer into the water thereby letting you drive off/on, then parking the vehicle, I WOULD NOT ADVISE SHENANGO!

John,
You're a lot of fun to fish with and so very humble. You really should give yourself some credit.
You did manage that catfish on your hi-tech planer board rig and did you forget about those crappie in your livewell?

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
Re: PYMATUNING FISHING REPORT 2015/11/06 12:52:40 (permalink)
Shenango at low tide ...... is it this bad yet ?

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 72
Jump to: