LockedMile Creeks Report

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
carpin06
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 498
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 20:39:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SonofZ3

ORIGINAL: carpin06

One last time...This is not the only place to get reports!!!!!!And it wont STOP!!!!!!!It's over all your little honey holes are gone....WAA WAA WAA....Suck it up....Did you guys think you could have them for ever????? They are coming,And you are in the way....The east side is HOT!!!!! The MUPPERS know the fish are there and they want to!!!!!!

ROPEM & SMOKEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Since this isn't the only place to get reports why don't you get yours, and post, somewhere else?

edit: removed ridiculous font size.

so more guys can hit the east!!!!!!!
carpin06
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 20:42:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Steeler Fan

Doesn't matter if mile creek or Elk, this is what happens when people read the internet. Picture is from Wednesday.

]

This is to crowded for the local greed!!!!!
carpin06
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 20:45:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: washdog

Are we all forgetting that FishErie provides detailed descriptions of all the streams mentioned in Captn kirks post.  Anyone can read them also.   So why then does this site give detailed descriptions of all these tribs that are on private property and risk increasing angler traffic and losing access for all ?

The growth and the huge interest in steelhead fishing is only going to continue and we cannot control it. Over crowding is just something we all have to deal with and may even eventually lead to the closures of some of the available waters we now enjoy. No matter how hard we try to keep them open.
Just a thought on this rediculous annual battle that leads to arguing with each other on here.

BINGO!!!!!! GIVE THAT MAN A PRIZE!!!!!! NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL!!!!! NUFF SAID!!!!
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 20:53:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteelSlayer77

If you think the reports here don't influence folks, you are very sadly mistaken. I've seen it time after time. Immediately after a report on one of these creeks, folks flock to these streams

Hmm, maybe I'll have to post some reports about how hot the mile streams and Catt are this year.  Just to send traffic over that way and relieve pressure on the west side.  lol    Sounds like a plan!

It's been done already, but not for that purpose. Now, what other purpose would someone have for publishing reports about the mile creeks...............? Give it your best shot - good way to make friends.
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 21:00:11 (permalink)
Description..............Report. Don't think these two words are synonyms. Oh, for Carpin and Washdog, that means two words that mean the same thing, not what you put on your toast.
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 21:02:45 (permalink)

And for all you guys that are such a big help..... When your honey holes are crowded come down to Pittsburgh and I'll show you how to rig for cats and carp....I'll even give you bait!!!! Thanks for all your help!!!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can stay home too... go back to spain
Gypsy424
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 21:05:36 (permalink)
Rain doesn't affect the level of water in the bay or the lake for that matter...unless it did a 40 day/40 nighter. Our water levels are more affected by wind and by rain in the Superior and Huron watersheds. We sure need some rain here though. I did see a burbot caught last week at south pier during the east wind blow we had for a couple days, very early for one...but they like the stirred up water coming through the channel.
Gypsy424
Gypsy424
New Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 21:33:18 (permalink)
Here's a news flash, with the exception of Elk and 20 mile most of the locals and the "mup heres" alike are fishing a total of less than 3 miles of creek shoreline. Well kids it's gonna get crowded. I've been fishing the mile creeks since 1971 when there were salmon and the steelies were second fiddle. I grew up (sort of) on 4 mile and am always amazed at how important it is for everyone to catch/touch/take home, a fish. If you want to experience real steel heading take the short trip to Michigan and fish their streams/rivers...it gets busy there too. Pulaski up in NY is a great place too. BIG fish always. One stream that is totally forgotten is Conneat Creek in Ohio there are miles of stream to fish with 1/10 the crowd and lots of fish. Just a few ideas for those guys wanting to escape the zoo around Erie. Continue to help guy who can't catch a fish, the women and especially the kids, remember the steelies taste crappy release 'em and smoke your boat shoes to eat with your beer at game time. Have a happy!! ...quit yer ****in.
Gypsy424
New Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 21:52:12 (permalink)
OOOPS forgot the "U" in Conneaut. Other things to do when the hole is just too crowded:
taste your bait-------------grubs=bitter
real salmon eggs-------------waxy with big after taste...like prom
worms-------------ok with ketchup
minnows---a slight nutty/algae taste
salted minnows-----------duh!
Mixed with Jack Daniels all are exceptable..
DON'T SAMPLE YOUE LURES!! Have fun, no matter what.
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 22:02:02 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Steeler Fan

Doesn't matter if mile creek or Elk, this is what happens when people read the internet. Picture is from Wednesday.

]

This is to crowded for the local greed!!!!!

I see plenty of room to walk in there, slam fish, then calmly leave.
washdog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 408
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 22:33:34 (permalink)
Hey, fivemilepete.  

Simply....... Simple    Don't think these two words are synonyms either.     but for you....

I was SIMPLY making a point that the tribs in Erie are not a secret and information is readily accessable through this very site in the stream description section.

Surely you not to SIMPLE to understand that it wouldn't matter if another word was ever said on here regarding the tribs, the amount of fish in them, and exact locations, all the streams will still be packed with anglers due to the growing interest in the sport and lack of room to fish.

As i said in my first response to Kirks post he didn't seem to me to be saying get up here the fishing is great in these mentioned tribs. As a matter of fact he basically said there were no fish in four of the 5 creeks he mentioned.    There was no need to be a smart A@@
post edited by washdog - 2010/09/24 22:37:08
Silversun
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/24 23:47:05 (permalink)
Thanks for the update
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 09:53:36 (permalink)
Surely you not to SIMPLE...

...to make typos of your own while calling out someone else for their's.
chartist
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 925
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 10:31:32 (permalink)
You think that picture at Elk is crowded?  Theres' enough space to fit 5 guys between some of those fisherman....And I've seen it happen there.
washdog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 408
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:31:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Cold

Surely you not to SIMPLE...

...to make typos of your own while calling out someone else for their's.

My post had absolutely nothing to do with a typo in any way.  Try and understand what your reading before you comment on it. 
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:37:36 (permalink)
yer still an arse.
**commander**
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4216
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:42:52 (permalink)
you need to understand cold. in online college he learned your statement should read "Surely you're not too simple" rather than "Surely you not to simple" so online he monitors typos pretty closely. ive never attended online college and its been a long time since ive done any book learnin' but i think cold made a typo also. dont think there should be an apostrophe between the r and s in colds statement...but hey, its cold.

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:45:31 (permalink)
Got any new GaGa news for me? Or are we not at the point in your day where you hit the webs in search of GaGa? I guess I just assume that you search for GaGa sometime around the time each day you devote to thinking about me.
**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:47:21 (permalink)
youre a lot of fun cold. just sayin'

"I'm sick of all the fairytale stories of how this is destiny and how the saints have rebuilt new orleans.Sorry but you can write the script anyway you want but the actors(sean payton and crew)do not have the talent to step on the stage."---Logan Wade
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:48:22 (permalink)
Of course I am, why else would you keep such close tabs on all my posting?
**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:49:46 (permalink)
close tabs? lol. youre everywhere, here...and a lotta fun. just sayin'

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:52:59 (permalink)
Well sure, I'm prolific, but you usually wait until I post to chime in on what I have to say instead of posting any original thoughts of your own. I guess its probably easy to focus on me, though, when your own life has so little going on, huh?
SonofZ3
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 657
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:56:14 (permalink)
You shouldn't have to attend college in order to correctly compose something in your primary (and in many cases only) language. Is perfect typing necessary? No. Is it fair to assume that people who have graduated grade school should be able to spell and put together a sentence? Yes.

Ok, my rant is done. It bothers me how many people are more or less unable to correctly speak or write their only language.

Support your local Fly Shop!

OHWM
**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 11:58:47 (permalink)
dont be so sensitive. take it as a compliment. im just glad a young fella like yourself has "so little going on" that you have time to hang out here with an old duud with "so little going on". just sayin'

**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 12:02:00 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SonofZ3

You shouldn't have to attend college in order to correctly compose something in your primary (and in many cases only) language. Is perfect typing necessary? No. Is it fair to assume that people who have graduated grade school should be able to spell and put together a sentence? Yes.

Ok, my rant is done. It bothers me how many people are more or less unable to correctly speak or write their only language.

while its true that some may not use grammar, type, spell, etc... perfectly, i dont think most take this place as seriously as some others do. just sayin'

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 12:02:48 (permalink)
Hey, I post first, you react to me. That's how you always start, never anything original from you. Just sayin'

Goin out to fish soon, maybe you can come up with your first ever piece of original material while I'm out. Think your educated mind can handle that?
**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 12:09:15 (permalink)
i didnt "react" to you. i responded to a fellow board member(washdog) and you took offense to it.

good to hear you got something "going on".

im headed to the pens game later so i dont know if i'll be able to do 2 things at once, but i'll give it a shot for ya. thanks for your support. just sayin'
post edited by **commander** - 2010/09/25 12:18:27

FlySteelh
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 14:44:05 (permalink)

east end angler has been doing poorly, he is hurting for business lets just hope he will be out by October. I know I will not stop to purchase a thing from him. And, folks is how that  you do it.
**commander**
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/25 14:52:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: FlySteelh

east end angler has been doing poorly, he is hurting for business lets just hope he will be out by October. I know I will not stop to purchase a thing from him. And, folks is how that  you do it.

why wont you stop there? his cajun stillhead is supposed to be awesome. just askin' just sayin'

beckteck
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 17
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/26 00:05:27 (permalink)
i think thats B**LSH*T kirk has alwasy treated me great every time i stopped in thats his livelyhood cmon guys he didnt even post anything about his shop
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to: