LockedMile Creeks Report

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Author
FLATFISH4F
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 501
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 06:44:04 (permalink)
58 FASTWIN
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 07:20:41 (permalink)
No. It really does not bother me if I am choosing to fish those areas. I enjoy helping someone out. There are always people that do not want help...you just move away from those guys. For someone who preaches about getting out and walking to remote areas instead of fishing the known spot with all the other people, why do you care ?

We have all met the "guy" that crowds us and that crosses over lines continuously. We all have met the guy that walks right through our hole. Some of us (us non-elitist) have been that person before...and thankfully there were decent people out there to help us out.

Have you ever thought that some of us might enjoy the elbow to elbow fishing ? Have you ever thought about the money that comes to the community by having these fisherman in your town. I can tell you this for certain...If us "YINZ" ever quit coming MUP to your town, "Yinz" all are in trouble. It's not like Erie has much industry left...........you need all the help you can get.

"Boy, you should have been there yesterday..."
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 07:32:41 (permalink)
With your last post...It's official...your trollin duud.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
58 FASTWIN
Novice Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 07:42:45 (permalink)
With your last post...it's official...your an **** DUUD.

I'm just a local guy that likes to fish. I moved from Pittsburgh last year to get closer to the water I remember visiting as a kid. I am a veteran of 2 wars....spent 1/2 my life protecting ****s like you (who probably never did or had the balls to serve), served as a member of the Indianapolis police dept for a lot of years, served (until my retirement) with the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police.

Troll ????? I'm just a guy who likes to fish and posted a report......WTF. There was no need to jump all over me for it -

My point was that visitors money is what helps keep your precious little fishery -

egg_drifter
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 102
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 07:56:24 (permalink)
PWNED!!!!
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2992
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 08:35:57 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: deetz4352

HEY captin  UMmmm  How Bout Now EH ?!?!     

Anytime  Thanks

The Deetz

No reply?
cause maybe the truth sucks?
washdog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 408
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 08:52:50 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: captnkirk

As of last night there were no fish in 4 MIle or 7 Mile, a few on the upper part of 12,and a few in 16. We went to 20 Mile last week and had the creek pretty much to ourselves with about 50 fish that came in the night before. Then we went back the next day to see over 200 fish in the lower end. What a blast not to be elbow to elbow and catch a few feesh. Since then word got out and it was a real zoo. To my amazement eveyone was very polite and saw no litter. Hats off to you! Then we got 1/2" of rain and most of the fish moved on up. So we got a good shot of rain today and should see more feesh come in the creeks tonight. 4 Mile has a new ladder and just wanted everyone to know that you are not to fish 100' above or below it. Hope this helps for those that have to travel a long way to fish.

Thanks Captn Kirk.......
I thought this was a very good report. 

I can't seem to find anything wrong or what the whining is about with this post. Mentioning that there are basically no fish in a handful of streams and the fact that another had some come in a over a week ago and is now crowded with anglers kinda hinted to not really worth it to me......  No wait ...we got a good shot of rain today and should see more fish, should see , not did see.  Hmmm,  maybe it is worth it.

Does this report really scream out to call off, jump in the car and get to erie ? 

glen
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 920
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 09:11:47 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: washdog

As of last night there were no fish in 4 MIle or 7 Mile, a few on the upper part of 12,and a few in 16. We went to 20 Mile last week and had the creek pretty much to ourselves with about 50 fish that came in the night before. Then we went back the next day to see over 200 fish in the lower end. What a blast not to be elbow to elbow and catch a few feesh. Since then word got out and it was a real zoo. To my amazement eveyone was very polite and saw no litter. Hats off to you! Then we got 1/2" of rain and most of the fish moved on up. So we got a good shot of rain today and should see more feesh come in the creeks tonight. 4 Mile has a new ladder and just wanted everyone to know that you are not to fish 100' above or below it. Hope this helps for those that have to travel a long way to fish.

Thanks Captn Kirk.......

I can't seem to find anything wrong or what the whining is about with this post. Mentioning that there are basically no fish in a handful of streams and the fact that another had some come in a over a week ago and is now crowded with anglers kinda hinted to not really worth it to me......  No wait ...we got a good shot of rain today and should see more fish, should see , not did see.  Hmmm,  maybe it is worth it.

Does this report really scream out to call off, jump in the car and get to erie ? 

No it doesn't. But what it does is it advertises an area that is already way overcrowded and has little water to fish. It's barely tolerable now, why throw gas on the fire.
    jussayin
Loomis
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2674
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 09:13:00 (permalink)
Again as I say every year...

No matter how many people you are around, If u don't suck at steelhead fishing you will still catch fish....people use the crowding as an excuse....read some books or talk to someone who is spanking fish in front of you, you might learn something...

58 FASTWIN
Novice Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 10:36:17 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: glen

ORIGINAL: washdog

Thanks Captn Kirk.......

No it doesn't. But what it does is it advertises an area that is already way overcrowded and has little water to fish. It's barely tolerable now, why throw gas on the fire.
   jussayin

Then wouldn't the "smart" thing to do be to stay away from that area ? If it is already overcrowded.....barely untolorable for you, and you go there, aren't you part of the problem ? Maybe if you fish elsewhere there would be more room on the mile creeks.

This is the same conversation that goes on every year (for the 6 years I have followed). I think the cat is out of the bag -

Screamin Steel
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 11:10:12 (permalink)
I actually have never fished the mile creeks and don't really plan to unless some crazy year there are no fish on the west side.(Don't see it happening.) I rarely even fish the Nut. I don't car for the stream bed. I like Elk and I kinda like the throngs of fishermen over there. I can always find room to fish and plenty of fish somewhere on that stream. I enjoy seeing everyone else catching fish, too. It's a blast. There are always a few bad eggs around, but I'm sure they are to be found on the mile streams as well. I just can't wait to get up and tie into a few fish. It's been too long an off season for me. AS long as there are steelhead running the tribs,it's gonna be crowded. Doesn't bother me. I grew up fishing crowded stocked trout streams, hunting crowded public land, etc. You just learn to adapt, and sometimes...even use that pressure to your advantage.
Riverbum
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 294
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 11:46:26 (permalink)
does anyone really believe that a single post on this site is going to make a difference in the number of anglers?? at this time of year, do you guys really think it's all that difficult to figure out where the fish are. talk about senstive. If want to pretend you have secret locations and top-secret information to share, stick to PM. and "58" is right, non-local $$ are significant to the Erie economy. Anyone out there want to dispute that on this forum????
indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6360
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 12:12:20 (permalink)
As much as I hate posting "fishing reports" the basic fact is that the newspapers and the TV are already announcing the steelhead "run". And these fish are way too easy to hook and sometimes catch. Since they are really just huge rainbow trout; think about the last time you had the chance to catch a 24" rainbow. For me it was the little "J" about 2002. So the attraction is there. Cpt Kirks report was ok in my opinion. He didn't spot burn any creeks that weren't already known. And maybe he was trying to get business for his store? Hey he makes money from the event. Why shouldn't he promote the east side. I'd have more problem if he was posting that there was great fishing when the creek mouths were still closed up and there weren't any fish.
Just for an example; last year I talked to a number of folks along the streams who weren't even aware of the fisherie site.. They had heard about the fishery through the news media, or word of mouth (how we ALLL used to hear about it). So all of our whineing is counterproductive. Think of the # of folks who read negative reports and think: "Wow the east side must be Shangra-lai!" and head there thinking we are trying to hide information.
The days of being able to fish alone, over pods of 50 fish, are pretty much gone. So we just need to live with it. I still can't wait till October 9th, THEN It's going to get really crowded, really fast.
post edited by indsguiz - 2010/09/23 12:16:55

Illegitimis Non carborundum
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 12:48:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Riverbum

does anyone really believe that a single post on this site is going to make a difference in the number of anglers??

There are only 6000+ people on here right now...
glen
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 14:09:20 (permalink)

" We went to 20 Mile last week and had the creek pretty much to ourselves with about 50 fish that came in the night before. Then we went back the next day to see over 200 fish in the lower end ."

fastwin
Then wouldn't the "smart" thing to do be to stay away from that area ? If it is already overcrowded.....barely untolorable for you, and you go there, aren't you part of the problem ? Maybe if you fish elsewhere there would be more room on the mile creeks.

This is the same conversation that goes on every year (for the 6 years I have followed). I think the cat is out of the bag -

I guess you are right, I'm part of the problem. But if I stay away , I can't spend money at the tackle store . I really don't mind the crowds. If I can't find a spot to get in, I'll just find you and cozy up.
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 14:16:39 (permalink)

non-local $$ are significant to the Erie economy. Anyone out there want to dispute that on this forum????

lets do an experiment... stay home from fishing up here and i'll let you know how much the economy dropped come february

go back to spain
11-12-11: the last time i got punched in the face
Riverbum
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 14:46:15 (permalink)
site traffic is irrelevant...there is an overdeveloped sense of self-importance to the impact that this site has on the # of anglers moving from one stream to the next. There's too much information out there and people just willing to search on their own. Im sure all 6,000 people just picked up moved to find those 12 fish
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1131
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 14:56:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: 58 FASTWIN

No. It really does not bother me if I am choosing to fish those areas. I enjoy helping someone out. There are always people that do not want help...you just move away from those guys. For someone who preaches about getting out and walking to remote areas instead of fishing the known spot with all the other people, why do you care ?

We have all met the "guy" that crowds us and that crosses over lines continuously. We all have met the guy that walks right through our hole. Some of us (us non-elitist) have been that person before...and thankfully there were decent people out there to help us out.

Have you ever thought that some of us might enjoy the elbow to elbow fishing ? Have you ever thought about the money that comes to the community by having these fisherman in your town. I can tell you this for certain...If us "YINZ" ever quit coming MUP to your town, "Yinz" all are in trouble. It's not like Erie has much industry left...........you need all the help you can get.

Yeh, I love that elbow to elbow fishing. Who doesn't? Best part
is when you get your size 18 nymph snagged by a one ounce little cleo. What fun untangling the lines, and meeting new people.
What fun seeing how large they can make red and white bobbers now.

You gotta be kidding............................
post edited by FiveMilePete - 2010/09/23 15:06:21
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:04:49 (permalink)

site traffic is irrelevant...there is an overdeveloped sense of self-importance to the impact that this site has on the # of anglers moving from one stream to the next. There's too much information out there and people just willing to search on their own. Im sure all 6,000 people just picked up moved to find those 12 fish

I've seen how this site impacts traffic on very small creeks first hand, several times. You are grossly underestimating the effect
of this site. I've seen a creek, on private property no less,
go from 3 fishermen to 25 in one day, no change in conditions,
midweek, due to one report here. So much for no spot burning.
And this little creek can fish maybe 5 people without being
stuck up each other's butt. Which is OK for folks like Fastwin I guess.
post edited by FiveMilePete - 2010/09/23 15:05:23
Riverbum
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:06:57 (permalink)
not a chance for two reasons, Erie is like a second home and I wouldnt want to bankrupt any of the local establishments
glen
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:10:33 (permalink)
For the record: I'm not trying to discourage anyone from fishing anywhere.I'm actually trying to save people from being disappointed. I won't stop at Rte. 5 at 20 Mile if the lot is full because I know there is no where to fish. Unless it is really up and green, there are only about 10 runs at most to fish below Rte. 5. If there are 30 cars in the lot they are all taken. If there are 60 cars, which can be normal, people can just walk around and look a 4" of water between the runs or horn in on someone and cause bad feelings. Overcrowding causes problems and overcrowding is usually the case because there is no water. If you are young and can hike, that's a whole different story.
    I could care less about the East Side. If I"m hanging around there it's only because my favorite stream is too muddy to fish.
    If you're a newbie and you  see me or Plumbob there hooking fish, come over and say Hi. We will rerig you if necessary, give you the right fly and our spot, then sit down and watch you catch fish. Female anglers take presidence [sic]
carpin06
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 498
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:14:27 (permalink)
For all you greedy bastards... I would like to cross your fly flingin****line... i would cut it to peices and hope you open your mouth.... GREEDY BASTARDS!!!!!! You forget when you were new??? or were you born a pro fly flinger????
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:19:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: FiveMilePete

I've seen how this site impacts traffic on very small creeks first hand, several times. You are grossly underestimating the effect
of this site. I've seen a creek, on private property no less,
go from 3 fishermen to 25 in one day, no change in conditions,
midweek, due to one report here. So much for no spot burning.
And this little creek can fish maybe 5 people without being
stuck up each other's butt. Which is OK for folks like Fastwin I guess.

No doubt this is all true....

Get a clue bum.
Riverbum
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:23:36 (permalink)
all solved with a little common courtesy and respect and maybe a little education, which we all know is a huge stretch for many of the anglers we run into. besides I nor you have any more right or privilege to fish those waters any more than anyone else (unless, of course they are private waters). If I've been in a spot for a while and folks are circling or crowding, I'll move on. I've never experienced the dash and splash and combat fishing anywhere else to the likes of the Erie tribs.
Riverbum
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:36:34 (permalink)
I promise to stay away until the end of October...headin to the UP to throw flies at Kings and Browns.
FiveMilePete
Pro Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 15:49:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: carpin06

For all you greedy bastards... I would like to cross your fly flingin****line... i would cut it to peices and hope you open your mouth.... GREEDY BASTARDS!!!!!! You forget when you were new??? or were you born a pro fly flinger????

Greedy? Guess you've never fished near me and seen me give my rig
to a kid and help him catch his first steelie? Or seen me catch a couple, then give up my spot to folks from out of town and sat and watched. Or seen me give out a fly that's working, or give a guy
a fish because he didn't want to go back to Pixburg emptyhanded.
There's folks on this site that can tell you that I've helped them
out with PM's or info on the creek to help them out. You don't
know what you're talking about.

It's guys like you I don't want to fish near. I can fish any
day I want, so I can usually avoid the crowds. Can't wait for the snow to fly to chase away all the fair weather folks.
Riverbum
Expert Angler
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 16:04:38 (permalink)
ever break the ice to throw flies at them?
carpin06
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 498
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 16:13:05 (permalink)
I did not say Pete,or any name they know who they are.... The ones that want it to them selfs....The GREEDY ONES!!!!!!
fishrmn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 675
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 17:05:26 (permalink)
^huh?

No doubt this website has contributed to certain spots getting overcrowded in the past, how is this even a question anymore?

Kirk not to bust on you, but werent you already asked once to PLEASE stop posting reports on that one certain small stream that is entirely on PRIVITE property. Let me refresh your memory on the terms of this forum... "Mentioning specific fishing locations on private property which may cause increases in angler traffic (a/k/a "spot burning") is prohibited."

For the record I can't remember the last time I've even stopped at that stream so it don't bother me any. I'd just like to know where the hell 15 cars worth of people are fishing?

-Tim
3way
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 130
RE: Mile Creeks Report 2010/09/23 17:38:29 (permalink)
you and your buddy need new tackle to hoist fish over the wall at 12 mile!!!! i've seen you two try it...... lmfao

"There are those who can live without wild places and those who can not.".... Aldo Leopold
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Jump to: