not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today...

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
tippy-toe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4334
  • Reward points: 0
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 23:41:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: T.T.

ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

Did it look like this? What fun is it to fight a fish in a bathtub?

**** it!  Who told you to post my secret spot?  Now, there'll never be any room.

That picture is truley sad......we need a tropical storm.....

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
STEALYS4ME
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1443
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 00:06:04 (permalink)
lol...fony,fony.fony,
yungguru
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 170
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 00:20:07 (permalink)
kryler iss a wimmp duud

tolld jyve thatt hee hydes behinnd a computarr
itts mor lik krylar hydes

krylar duzzant say enythinng too thet ****
beecawz hees skared

hee goes homE an krys on the competer

wimmp
steelstalker
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 102
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 03:23:11 (permalink)
I took my first trip up to the Salmon River last week and if you guys think that's bad you should see the Black Hole on Columbus Day weekend. Anyway, the whole time I kept thinking that if all these guys spread out then there would be a lot less freaked out fish and a lot more fair hooked fish. On the last day I got mobbed by a few hispanic(no I'm not racist) anglers I had to get the split shot train rolling by their heads to get them to back off. Craziness!!! Sometimes it's good to be a 6'0" 250lb eastern european mutt. After a trip to the SR I don't think I'll ever be surprised in Erie again. I just hope they get enough water up there for me to drag the drift boat up for steelhead.
Inukshuk
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2184
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 11:03:27 (permalink)
steel
I was at the Salmon River that weekend also.  Could not believe the humanity!  Tippy and I were able to take hold of a few small sections in the DSR, while every body was crowding around the deeper pools.  We had a great time and caught lots of fish.  Tippy posted some picks on the salmon river thread.

scudbug
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 11:24:48 (permalink)
Sure its easy to line fish in theose shallower pools :)  As far as the humanity, what did you expect to see on the busiest weekend of the year.  
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2215
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 12:20:27 (permalink)
These forums are addicting, but annoying.  I see the thread title and I think "oh this is gonna be one big argument" but then I read it anyway...foolish.  Then after I read it, I am "infected" by the negativity which inevitably comes from some of these posts.  No one's holding a gun to my head to read them, i admit.  I just thought I'd throw that out there.  Anyone else ever do that? 

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
*commander*
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2647
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 12:42:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: walcat01

*commander*= another ****TYPE!What a smart****. You're a joke.

youre hurting my feelings by calling me names. i'm just trying to help you.
i think youre great and a well-respected member of these boards. i know youll come around old fella.

btw, can we pull the trigger on the camper van for $1600?
FlashDance
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 968
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 12:49:01 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: FLATFISH-4F

I fished elk monday did ok and enjoyed myself. I found something on the creek I so small that I couldn't beleve it. Their on the rocks was a SNAPPING TURTLE no bigger than a silver dollar. It fit in the palm of my hand, played with it for a while then let it go.

Just my 2 cents ........ Flatfish

We found one of those last fall in the tressle pool above whiteman's bridge.

*commander*
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 12:56:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: walcat01

fishrmn: I'm actually an easy going guy. I just don't think that type of fishing is being a true sportsman. It's like fishing in a puddle. I don't understand why the WCO's don't ask the guys for help to net those fish and take them down to the marina and turn them loose. They can survive better in more water. That's just my 2cents.

you are an easy going guy. youre the best. no need to explain anything to anybody.

good idea about transporting the steelhead. no reason the WCO's cant get a truck or a huge net and cart fish back and forth all day, everyday.suggest this idea to them the next time you see a WCO. i'm sure theyll think its a great idea.

its your years of experience that helps come up with these awesome ideas.great job.
bear357
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 15:25:34 (permalink)
I just started fishing the tribs last fall.  After all I heard about some of the sportsmanship exhibited I was reluctant to make the trip.  I did though and I couldn't have been more pleased.  All of the fisherman I talked to were polite, answered questions, and some even shared lures.  I can only recall one time where I saw anything close to what you are talking about.  i can't wait to get up there again later this month.  Tight lines and good luck to all.
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:01:01 (permalink)
lol the trolls that turned this post around is what ruins this site. Go to any other site and you dont have this childs play. Im a whimp? a phony? what good would it of done if I would of said "hey jag off knock that crap off" hed still be a jag off and who would stop him the next day? guru, jive, and rus bear are  the phonys the whips and the knobs. the ones who find them halarious and laught and edge them on are just as childish. Get some real moderators that do something and control this site and half the topics on here wouldnt go off the wall! Hell me responding to the jag offs is about as bad as well. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella
youngguru
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 681
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:04:45 (permalink)
duud yur stil krying lik a litle wimmp

yu hyde beehinnd the competer

wimmp boy
yur dum too
youngguru
Expert Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:05:47 (permalink)
yur piktur sez itt all

ha ha
wimmp
youngguru
Expert Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:07:36 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: FlashDance

ORIGINAL: FLATFISH-4F

I fished elk monday did ok and enjoyed myself. I found something on the creek I so small that I couldn't beleve it. Their on the rocks was a SNAPPING TURTLE no bigger than a silver dollar. It fit in the palm of my hand, played with it for a while then let it go.

Just my 2 cents ........ Flatfish

We found one of those last fall in the tressle pool above whiteman's bridge.

lYarr
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3352
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:17:55 (permalink)
mister yg
i gunna bye lots ove wonka nerds for the orhard

oK?/
*commander*
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:24:45 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: kyler16

lol the trolls that turned this post around is what ruins this site. Go to any other site and you dont have this childs play. Im a whimp? a phony? what good would it of done if I would of said "hey jag off knock that crap off" hed still be a jag off and who would stop him the next day? guru, jive, and rus bear are  the phonys the whips and the knobs. the ones who find them halarious and laught and edge them on are just as childish. Get some real moderators that do something and control this site and half the topics on here wouldnt go off the wall! Hell me responding to the jag offs is about as bad as well. 

if it wouldnt do any good to say anything then, why post about it now? how is posting about it any better? why not say something to him at the time if youre going to post about it anyway? if it bothered you so much, say something to the man. maybe next time he wont be so vulgar.

in the original post you stated you didnt have your wallet or you would have called the warden. why do you need a wallet? if it bothered you so much call 411 and get the walnut creek access # or program it into your phone, or ask somebody around you if they have a wardens number. also, what does a kid being fat have to do with anything? whether he was right or wrong, or did what you say he did, i hope he reads this and recognizes you. then instead of you badmouthing him and the boy here, you can badmouth him and the boy personally.
post edited by *commander* - 2007/10/12 18:35:43
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:42:08 (permalink)
because posting something gives a heads up to people what to look out for, but instead you have guru or any of the other knobs come in and bash what I had to say. You dont respond commander till someone calls you out. So my point is saying something to that guy would of been like trying to get guru to knock off his antics. I was with a great guy I met from this site hopefully a new fishing buddy. Ask him how I am in person, also there was 3 other guys fishing beside us that we later ran into at avonia tavern and they had comments to say about the guy but we all felt we should of kept quiet because opening our mouth prolly would of invoked more of a idiotic response from him such as we get from guru. But ill keep posting and mostly Ill get agreements but its the select few that need to just fog off. 

-Steve Rinella
*commander*
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 18:50:46 (permalink)
before youre talking about carrying a firearm for just such an occasion. now, you didnt have your wallet so you couldnt call the warden. lots of excuses. like i posted, hopefully he reads this and recognizes you.
kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 20:43:23 (permalink)
I didnt say carry a fire arm for these such occasions i said about having one for the occasions Im fishing alone and out of no where comes 6 guys the size of casey hampton telling me to mind my own. Excuses for nothing, if you dont remember about a year ago I lost my wallet on the stream so instead of having a 2nd experience in recovering all lost items. But I didnt know it was totally legal to grab a steelhead with your barehands , see I learned something.   I hope he reconizes me too.
post edited by kyler16 - 2007/10/12 20:44:09

-Steve Rinella
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 21:22:48 (permalink)
I dont think you have the stones to make that phone call. I think all you got is to tell abunch of people about how mad you were. This is your fishery! Protect it. If you really cared and really wanted to do something you would have waited in the parking lot and got that guys licence plate number, car make and model and made the call. Would he have got caught that day chances not. But if you did do those things that would put that guy up on the radar of the authorities. Do you know how much land they have to cover? They cant be everywhere at once. Stand up for what is right and be a man. Besides you dont even know for sure if he overbagged or not. Do you even have a clue on what happened?

kyler16
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 21:31:20 (permalink)
he came in from unlce joes camp ground, we were parked at the access. what the other guy next to me said he prolly didnt hook up at all and was just bragging. I would of called Ive done it before but why did commander even say walnut creek access when I was fishing elk?

-Steve Rinella
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3352
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 21:41:39 (permalink)
  uncle joes or Uncle Johns?

Didn't you say you thought it was kind of funny?/
*commander*
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 21:41:49 (permalink)
who cares what "other guys" say, who cares what guys at avonia tavern say. if you have a problem say something, if not dont cry about it later. dont understand why you need a wallet to call a warden. as far as saying to call walnut access, i ASSUME that is where the wco's are dispatched from. i wouldnt know for sure, but i ASSUME that. or you could call 911.
*commander*
Pro Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 21:43:56 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: swinger

I dont think you have the stones to make that phone call. I think all you got is to tell abunch of people about how mad you were. This is your fishery! Protect it. If you really cared and really wanted to do something you would have waited in the parking lot and got that guys licence plate number, car make and model and made the call. Would he have got caught that day chances not. But if you did do those things that would put that guy up on the radar of the authorities. Do you know how much land they have to cover? They cant be everywhere at once. Stand up for what is right and be a man. Besides you dont even know for sure if he overbagged or not. Do you even have a clue on what happened?

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nightowl207
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 567
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 22:40:01 (permalink)
i hear u kyler. theres no need to start a confrontation on the waters. me personally dont have one problem knockin an old man out in front of his kids. Ive noticed alot the locals have that mentality that its there land. But not all. I know when someone comes to my local waters all of the locals treat everyone with respect because we are all out there for the same reason. to enjoy the sport an relax. but i suppose when you get that many people in one place your bound to have some greedy selfish ones. bottom line all of us real fisherman need stand up for the sport and either turn nogooders in or show em up. or the problem will on progress.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8508
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/12 22:54:36 (permalink)
I watch an asin walk by me and in 15 minutes came back down with a fish. Uh, did he catch that fish? My bet is it was snagged.

the ski
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/13 00:06:56 (permalink)

to be honest kyler, its no wonder people on this site treat you like a moron. you must be.
You really are a piece of work, if I had my way YOU would have been kicked off this site long ago.
YOU started this inflamatory thread with every intention of starting a argument.
first off you used the old LOCAL vs OUT OF TOWNER DEBATE.
second, you used the TEACHING THE KIDS WRONG DEBATE.
then you tapped into the ever popular SNAGGING DEBATE.
and fourth, you called out your least favorite members by name, in the hope of starting a bashfest.
your the problem kyler, you should be banned.
if I ever see you in person, I'll tell you the same TO YOUR FACE.
youngguru
Expert Angler
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/13 00:32:04 (permalink)
krYlars a wimmp duud

hee wil runn awayy and posst abowt itt onn hiss competeR
hee suks att fshiNg too

i seen himm and hee nVR eVn hookedd a stelhed
loozer

i hamared the stelhed thet day
rite inn frUnt of himm
loozer
post edited by youngguru - 2007/10/13 00:35:43
that guy
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 25
RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/13 10:30:11 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: the ski

to be honest kyler, its no wonder people on this site treat you like a moron. you must be.
You really are a piece of work, if I had my way YOU would have been kicked off this site long ago.
YOU started this inflamatory thread with every intention of starting a argument.
first off you used the old LOCAL vs OUT OF TOWNER DEBATE.
second, you used the TEACHING THE KIDS WRONG DEBATE.
then you tapped into the ever popular SNAGGING DEBATE.
and fourth, you called out your least favorite members by name, in the hope of starting a bashfest.
your the problem kyler, you should be banned.
if I ever see you in person, I'll tell you the same TO YOUR FACE.

Ski,

at least someone else see's this idiot for what he is.
everytime there is controversy on this site, I see kylers name.

the boy is "dumb as a stick", but he knows how to make a fool of himself well.
get rid of kyler and the trolls will follow.
post edited by that guy - 2007/10/13 10:31:52
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: