not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today...

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
kyler16
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2396
  • Reward points: 0
2007/10/11 01:20:42 (permalink)

not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today...

While fishing Elk today above the boat launch. We heard the shouts of 2 little kids "if you arent from around here go home!" As they continuned to walk our direction there was 3 of them a father a son and the sons fat friend.  The father blabbed as loud as he could how he caught his limit early this morning and he will help them catch fish now"beside the man in the yellow hes got the best spot on the stream where I got my limit" is what he said about 5 times. Well this spot is holding 100s of steelhead and at one point we counted 23 fisherman. The little fat kid hooked up so the father gave his son the net and aloud his son to chase after the fish through the spot we were all fishing trying to land it. Aside from the stream side courtsey this bunch showed, the father bragging about catching his limit today and couldnt fish because he had his 3 fish back home was suddenly fishing and keeping 2 more. how he spoke so well to the kids says things such as "your ruining my **** spot"  "keep your **** line in the water" and "quit being **** annoying" and he wasnt saying **** he was dropping F bombs every 5 words for a minute there I was thought I was in a pub in England.

now all that was funny but right before dusk I was leaving and watched the father corner 2 steelhead in shallow wather throw one on the back and grab one behind the gills and put them on the stringer. I didnt have my wallet with me or Id been calling the fish warden for sure.

Indiana Lou and I figured it was either Jive turkey or guru or least a family memeber.

Great way to be a local and say its the out of towners causing the problems.

Streams still very low, got some rain but not helping the streams.

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
-Steve Rinella

82 Replies Related Threads

woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8508
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 06:48:43 (permalink)

Did it look like this? What fun is it to fight a fish in a bathtub?

pxatim
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4786
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 07:46:51 (permalink)
    When I was up a couple weeks ago it was alot worse than that. There's still room for 2-3 more people between each of them...
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 07:51:51 (permalink)
    As for the guy you ran into at Elk... if those are the values he's instilling in his kids. Wait till they grow up, there'll be even more jackass's up on the tribs.
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 08:56:44 (permalink)
    The formula is:

Lots of big fish + ignorant selfish people = people behaving badly

It sad that someone is teaching his kids not to be good sportsman.  I would bet this guy's father or some other adult took him out to fish and that is where he learned his fishing ethics.

The other day I watched a guy step right into a hole right in front a group of guys to net a fish.  He was so fixed on landing the fish he paid no attention to anyone. 

pax vobiscum +
    JumboPerch#r
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 83
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 10:24:36 (permalink)
    Back at the local trout pond in Missouri, I had a guy wearing waders walk right in front of me before the siren sounded for fishing time. I calmly explained to him that if he felt comfortable standing there with me, a poor caster, whizzing a super sharp treble hook past his head, that was fine with me. he only thougfht about that proposition for a fraction of a second and moved downstream about 25 feet.
    Good manners are not something that you are born with it is a learned trait, sadly those kids will be the ones that suffer because one day they will offend someone who won't hold their temper, such as you, and the pending fight will end up on Youtube.
    Ray
    RussianBear
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 12:54:14 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: kyler16

While fishing Elk today above the boat launch. We heard the shouts of 2 little kids "if you arent from around here go home!" As they continuned to walk our direction there was 3 of them a father a son and the sons fat friend.  The father blabbed as loud as he could how he caught his limit early this morning and he will help them catch fish now"beside the man in the yellow hes got the best spot on the stream where I got my limit" is what he said about 5 times. Well this spot is holding 100s of steelhead and at one point we counted 23 fisherman. The little fat kid hooked up so the father gave his son the net and aloud his son to chase after the fish through the spot we were all fishing trying to land it. Aside from the stream side courtsey this bunch showed, the father bragging about catching his limit today and couldnt fish because he had his 3 fish back home was suddenly fishing and keeping 2 more. how he spoke so well to the kids says things such as "your ruining my **** spot"  "keep your **** line in the water" and "quit being **** annoying" and he wasnt saying **** he was dropping F bombs every 5 words for a minute there I was thought I was in a pub in England.

now all that was funny but right before dusk I was leaving and watched the father corner 2 steelhead in shallow wather throw one on the back and grab one behind the gills and put them on the stringer. I didnt have my wallet with me or Id been calling the fish warden for sure.

Indiana Lou and I figured it was either Jive turkey or guru or least a family memeber.

Great way to be a local and say its the out of towners causing the problems.

Streams still very low, got some rain but not helping the streams.

you never do hav your guts on you
    you always tell on guy here but donta call on them in streem
    you are big fony fony
    i saw you at trout run
    i the guy with the blue hat nex to you caching all thos fish with magot
    now i see you pictur here i no that you
    you big funy fony
    hows cum you not shoot that guy or did you forget your new gun to
    you at trout run but i read you had to stay home and not go to fly contest
    big fony fony
    i push you in lake next time i see you
    ivan big russian bear not fony fony
    not skared of you fony fony
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:01:49 (permalink)
    lol wasnt at trout run sorry. you phony lol didnt have to stay home for one fly I had work and used vacation days the previous weekend. But why am I explaining anything to a troll as yourself so why dont you just sign on your other name an keep posting crap, then defend yourself or something you dont agree with me about with your phony names. I bet your a great father as well.
    post edited by kyler16 - 2007/10/11 13:05:18

-Steve Rinella
    walcat01
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:04:31 (permalink)
    Do those in the photo really call themselves SPORTSMEN? What a joke.Like I said before Steelhead season brings out the ****HOLES!!!!!
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:09:33 (permalink)
    So does fisherie.
    waxmybean
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 19
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:16:03 (permalink)

HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Rope-em and Smoke-em
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:22:04 (permalink)
    that was 2 weekends ago not yesterday cheif. 

-Steve Rinella
    pxatim
    Pro Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:22:29 (permalink)
    waxmybean = russian bear
    walcat01
    Expert Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:27:54 (permalink)
    SilverKype = Another ****HOLE!
    post edited by walcat01 - 2007/10/11 13:30:11
    RussianBear
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 12
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:28:08 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: kyler16

lol wasnt at trout run sorry. you phony lol didnt have to stay home for one fly I had work and used vacation days the previous weekend. But why am I explaining anything to a troll as yourself so why dont you just sign on your other name an keep posting crap, then defend yourself or something you dont agree with me about with your phony names. I bet your a great father as well.

yes you are fony
    you even told the upheres on soutwest bord all bout it
    you big fony fony
    you cant catch fish like ivan so you wach every body to cry here
    ivan will push you if you want me to
    ivan not father but wood be good father
    better than you fony fony
    you shood stop telling on guy for fishing and keeping kids off jail
    good fihusa erie peeple no you are fony
    you make ivan so mad fony
    ivan go fishing becauz ivan live in the erie
    ivan catch perch today on southpeer
    fresh perch sandwich sound good
    you want some fony
    i catch for you
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:30:58 (permalink)
    I don't think so, but this is getting good.

All we need now is peacy and guru to go at it.  Well, not really.
    Bughawk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3247
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 13:31:39 (permalink)
    Fishing a small pool for steelhead when the water is low has nothing to do with whether a person is sportsman or not.  The fish are often very spooky and not interested in hitting anything and it can be quite a challenge to catch one.  The issue of being a sportsman is how you approach the stream in the first place.  Are you there to enjoy the day, the other people, the fishing, etc... or are you there to yank a few fish out of the water with any means, and be nasty to the others fishing around you.

This type of fishing may not be everyone's cup of tea, but is just fine with other people.  I personally don't like to just sit on the wall and throw big goobs of PowerBait at the steelies and wait for one to bite, but there are people who do.  They enjoy their time on the stream and many are very pleasant people just out for an afternoon of relaxation.

Being a sportsman is not about what type of rod and reel you use, bait, flies, etc..., it is you whole approach to the sport.  It is about respecting the resource, the fish, and others who are sharing it with you.

pax vobiscum +
    Sculpin 14
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 429
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 16:04:18 (permalink)
    I'm just a little confused with your title "some abnormal things", that kinda stuff happens every day up there.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 16:05:39 (permalink)
    lol I never thought about that

-Steve Rinella
    flirod4evr
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 208
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 16:24:39 (permalink)
    When insulting someone you should atleast know how to spell a few key words that make the sentence make sence instead of just dslfksdahovhlksdnriewurioewytghkdsbvkashfeoi.
    fishrmn
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 675
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 16:31:14 (permalink)
    Walcat01,

Man, why are you always so PO'd all the time?  Maybe those folks just wanted to get out on the water and enjoy a day away from work. 

-Tim
    post edited by fishrmn - 2007/10/11 16:33:06
    swinger
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 17:12:42 (permalink)
    I dont believe catching a fish with your hands is illegal. But it does count in your limit.
    Loopy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1437
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 18:09:43 (permalink)
    Wow!   Looks like I hit the "troll" thread by mistake.

<---  The Holy Trinity
    FLATFISH4F
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 501
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 18:13:21 (permalink)
    I fished elk monday did ok and enjoyed myself. I found something on the creek I so small that I couldn't beleve it. Their on the rocks was a SNAPPING TURTLE no bigger than a silver dollar. It fit in the palm of my hand, played with it for a while then let it go.

Just my 2 cents ........ Flatfish
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 18:55:37 (permalink)
    did you say anything to the guy? you said you were gonna be packing heat for such an occasion.
    post edited by *commander* - 2007/10/11 19:06:33
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 19:01:23 (permalink)
    walcat, you nice old fella. seems you forgot your schedule again. please let me help you.

step 1. mind altering medication.
    step 2. geritol to wash down mind altering meds.
    step 3. bran muffin to get some food in your belly so as not to disrupt your system.
    step 4. take nap.
    step 5. repeat steps 1-4 VERY often.

good luck old fella. youre the best.
    walcat01
    Expert Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 19:50:05 (permalink)
    *commander*= another ****TYPE!What a smart****. You're a joke.
    walcat01
    Expert Angler
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 19:57:41 (permalink)
    fishrmn: I'm actually an easy going guy. I just don't think that type of fishing is being a true sportsman. It's like fishing in a puddle. I don't understand why the WCO's don't ask the guys for help to net those fish and take them down to the marina and turn them loose. They can survive better in more water. That's just my 2cents.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 20:10:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Mikastorm

Did it look like this? What fun is it to fight a fish in a bathtub?

**** it!  Who told you to post my secret spot?  Now, there'll never be any room.
    peacymike
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 540
    RE: not skunked but some abnormal things a few of us came across today... 2007/10/11 20:28:19 (permalink)
    there is no secret spots. i live down somerset co. and i fish all the creeks . from top to bottom. i bet i fish your secret spot many times. and do make a trip there 10 to 20 times a year . dream on
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: