bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
  • Reward points: 0
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 20:13:33 (permalink)
Last time I checked, Lake Erie or any of it's tributaries did not belong to the city of Erie or any other city for that matter.  Am I missing something here?

I'm going fishing tomorrow, where can I get me some shiners??? 
post edited by ShutUpNFish - 2007/08/06 20:15:35

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3349
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 20:47:20 (permalink)
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 20:59:26 (permalink)
Just a heads up to Presquisleanglr that the link on www.baitnet.com to your website is to some potography site in Erie....

Buckets Charter
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 97
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 21:03:30 (permalink)
Not sure that you read 7 million a month into the erie economy from the fishing industry not sure of the total but most of that is from out of town or mupears as some like to call us.. out of the 100 plus trips we run 95% come into erie to fish.  From South of interstate 80 that is the facts ask Jane Earl...
jaymztrain
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 101
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 21:20:15 (permalink)
t.
post edited by jaymztrain - 2009/11/16 18:51:47
Buckets Charter
Novice Angler
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 21:27:34 (permalink)
It is a long argued issue and it drives me nuts we are so fortunate to have such a fishery to enjoy  for everyone locals and  mup ears  i am done woth this one
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 21:28:28 (permalink)
After gas, mate's pay, tackle, insurance, and equipment busting apprentices, nobody's making a LIVING running charters.

Dan,

I have a length of pressure treated 4x6, if you still need a new mast.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
jaymztrain
Avid Angler
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 21:40:10 (permalink)
post edited by jaymztrain - 2009/11/16 18:52:12
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 21:50:30 (permalink)
One of the best things I've read on this forum in a long time!  I'll drink to that!

Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 22:46:26 (permalink)
BUCKETS CHARTERS.

HOW MANY BOATS ARE YOU RUNNING THESE DAYS? I'M SURE YOU ARE GIVING THE DOWN SOUTH HOME TOWN ANGLERS A BREAK $569 A DAY?
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 185
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 23:16:53 (permalink)
BUCKETS CHARTERS

HOW MANY BOATS YOU RUNNING THESE DAYS? I'M SURE YOU ARE GIVING THE HOME TOWN ANGLERS A PRICE BREAK? I GREW UP SOUTH OF BUTLER FISH GLAD MILL LAKE, SOLD CRAWLERS ON RT.228 WHEN I WAS JUST A SPROUT DOES THAT COUNT?
mr.fisherman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 169
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 23:36:52 (permalink)
I read all pages on this site. From time to time I see Andy (PI angler) get a swing from others for one reason or another on the reports page. I never met Andy or bought bait from his stand. But all should get a fair chance. It seems that the small guy is getting run over. We all know there is a tight circle that includes guides, charters, bait shops, officials and all the followers. Thats a known. Some of them are posting away on this thread. Yet when something is said about anyone in the tight circle, the rest of the group cocks the guns. And that always seems ok with you spoon. At times you are wise and sometimes pretend to be blind. The steelhead will be running soon and it seems that some people are trying to drum up clients for the season and bring in money for only that tight group. This happens every year. Am I the only one to see this? Maybe, because then my motive is questioned when I respond. But my motive has been made clear.

ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

What exactly brought on this rant? There is plenty of bait business to go around up there. I hope you do well, unless you intend to go about bashing the competition.

By the way, I buy tons of tackle from PR's for the same price or LOWER than Walmart, or Gander Mountain.
teamdaiwa
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 00:34:52 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Buckets Charter

It is a long argued issue and it drives me nuts we are so fortunate to have such a fishery to enjoy  for everyone locals and  mup ears  i am done woth this one

Yeah, run off and hide, like you always do...
Remember last year you challenged me and I said I don't mix pleasure(fishing) with buisiness(betting your sorry****. I challended you to donate a 1000.00 dollars to a non- profit org. of your choice. I in return would never post on this site again. Being that you wanted to bet 1000.00, I figured you had the extra money(not to mention, you would have lost).

you ran away and hid then.

Do you ever wonder why you have no repeat clients?
because noone wants to be around your arrogant attitude.
90% of being a good charter captain is people relations, not just catching fish. Sure poor richards plugs your charter service(only reason you lasted more than a season). doesn't mean you know anything about Erie. Anyone can catch fish in June,July and August, where are you in May? sitting in your Pittsburgh office waiting for a LOCAL to tell you there are fish to be had. Pathetic...

trade winds
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 00:50:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: teamdaiwa

ORIGINAL: Buckets Charter

Yeah, run off and hide, like you always do...
Remember last year you challenged me and I said I don't mix pleasure(fishing) with buisiness(betting your sorry****. I challended you to donate a 1000.00 dollars to a non- profit org. of your choice. I in return would never post on this site again. Being that you wanted to bet 1000.00, I figured you had the extra money(not to mention, you would have lost).

you ran away and hid then.

Do you ever wonder why you have no repeat clients?
because noone wants to be around your arrogant attitude.
90% of being a good charter captain is people relations, not just catching fish. Sure poor richards plugs your charter service(only reason you lasted more than a season). doesn't mean you know anything about Erie. Anyone can catch fish in June,July and August, where are you in May? sitting in your Pittsburgh office waiting for a LOCAL to tell you there are fish to be had. Pathetic...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!
trade winds
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 00:54:32 (permalink)
BTW, it's 1am and I noticed Poor Richards is logged on. It's not the owners but probably thier son. Whatch what you put on here. It could scar him for life. just a heads up.
youngguru
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 681
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 01:25:33 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

One of the best things I've read on this forum in a long time!  I'll drink to that!
yur a skiny loozer duud
nowon evn liks yu onn thiss syte
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 06:26:18 (permalink)
Brad,

It has nothing to do with circling the wagons, although I DO tend to defend my friends, and folks that have treated me well.

The intitial jist of the original thread was that he was the only guy just looking out for the angler, and that the other bait shops ( not just PR's ) were only interested in selling overpriced tackle. No doubt he has had some negative comments directed at him. But none where from his competitors, and I felt ghis reaction was inappropriate. The other shops all have had equally negative comments made about them here, but never respond in such a manner. PIA fill a void by his location, and from the sounds of it makes an effort that will, or should be rewarded with success. It is just not neccsessary to tear others down, while building yourself up.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 07:03:31 (permalink)
 Okay now a dumb question..How close do you need to be to be a local ? Close to the burgh do have to be to be a mupear ? (Please excuse my stupidity but what the hell is a mupear ?) I live about half way between. What's that make me a local mupear bastard... 
  I find it quite funny how tight all the baitshops near the lake are with their emeralds. I realize there is hard work involved in gathering bait. I used to buy bait at a place on Chautauqua called the bait pond. We used to get an ice chest full of emeralds for $5. You could buy a pound of them for $7.
  I was almost offended when we went into one of the baitshops in erie with a big icechest 6 of us buying tackle and asked for $10 worth of emeralds. He got the little net and started to count the smallest shiners in the tank..Mind you this was all before this vhs crap. we might have got 6 dozen.
  Hate to say but felt like a tourist at a tourist trap. Would prefer my baitshop owner (which fishermen can be quite loyal to if treated right) to treat everybody like a fisherman and leave out the logistics of how far away they pay their taxes.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 09:23:51 (permalink)
Bings -

mupear is how it sounds when a yinzer says "Come up here" as in "Did yinz com mupear to Walnut Crick from Picksburgh to catch some steelhead traht?" 

i'd say south of 80 is mupear territory.

weird discussion going on here.  stopped by PI Angler twice last year and what's going on here is not the guy i met there.  but pain & medication can really whack some people out sometimes.  came in october on a very slow day with a disabled young man who had never caught a steelhead before, stopped by to see andy because of his reports, and he sent us to a very unlikely spot.  he left his bait trailer, and drove ahead of us to show us where to go.  not only that, he let us borrow his long-handled net for a few hours.  one of the friendliest guys i've ever met anywhere.  

stopped again one miserable (weather wise, awesome fishing wise) morning in march because i was heading to the east side.  found out a lot about andy that day, as we must have stood & talked for 1/2 hour or more.  bummed me out that he didn't have single eggs, but he gave me an over-abundance of emerald shiners and practically gave me some maggots for free.  again, one of the friendliest guys i've ever met anywhere. 
Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 09:46:17 (permalink)
Whats a minnow??

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 10:10:31 (permalink)
post edited by T.T. - 2007/08/07 10:12:18
locojoe
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 40
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 11:18:22 (permalink)
Sorry to hear about your op Andy. Met you last year when we stopped by after we'd heard about Hanson's closing. Sorry too, to hear about Jim Smith's health issues.

We used to go all the way from the upper East side of Erie out to Hanson's for our minnow's and never regreted the trip, he's that nice of a guy. You're in the same mold and we're all fortunate to have you doin' your part for our side of town. We hope you'll be back to full health soon.

Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 11:35:11 (permalink)
Happens I don't make s*** in Erie, But I spend 300-500 a weekend there at Pr's, Bac, Wegmans, Country Fair, Avonia (YUK) which by the way is there actually any good food in Erie?  Sheetz, Walmart and wherever else I decide to spend my money. Actually if it wasn't for us yinzers Erie surely wouldn't need as many bait and tackle shops. Or let me rephrase that ERIE COULDN'T SUPPORT THAT MANY BAIT AND TACKLE SHOPS WITHOUT YINZERS! Just my opinion! and we know that opinions are like A**holes everyone has one and they all stink. Hope this bait shop does well maybe I'll stop in there sometime for emeralds cause goldens surely SUCK!  Later Dudes Good Fishin!
Buckets Charter
Novice Angler
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 11:40:39 (permalink)
MR Team Diawa First you failed to show at the tournament myself and pete were hoping you would come to show us up. Arrogant hmm maybe a little at times but we are usually back to the dock first most days with a limit. Ask anyone that is a serious fisherman i help everyone that asks for it on how when and where to catch fish that is a fact. As far as running  and hiding we have been at the same place for a long time.    You are the ghost on the board everyone knows who i am.   You seem to be the one hiding. I spent enough time on this with you last year and know  
Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 11:50:14 (permalink)
LoL cant we all just get along....

Everybody is awesome and we all are the best....just except it.....

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 12:01:43 (permalink)
I would buy from PIA if I fished that direction but it's very convienent to stop at the other two from where I stay. I"m a business owner in Pittsburgh and hope that Andy does well, As I learned you really don't want to Bash, Badmouth, or be negative at all about competition. As far as the tight nit I've never seen it at any of the tackle shops I've bought from. If I ask where to fish I've been told good information from both shops. As far as selection I think both shops have a great selection and are reasonable in pricing. I don't mind paying a few extra cents or dollars to keeps a Ma and Pa store open. If anyones trying to beat Walmart prices they probably aren't going to make it in business! I have one question: WHY CAN'T WE JUST ALL GET ALONG? Some of us may be a little competive in fishing, some of us may not, As far as Dan wanting to make a wager who cares he thought he would do well that weekend and with the turnover of the lake things changed and he didn't do as well as anticipated, As well as maybe a couple of mistakes by the crew!

Team Daiwa: Don't know who you are but some of your reports amazed me where have you been?

BY THE WAY IF ANYONE THINKS CHARTERS ARE GETTING RICH THINK AGAIN! I know what it cost me to fish and It would be better to work as a laborer somewhere than to Charter if your doing it just for the money. I would guess Charter Captains are doing what they love. If they were charging 1000-1200 a trip they would then be making some ching!

Gotta Love Some Of These Discussions! Keep It Reel! Fish On!
post edited by Big Fathead - 2007/08/07 12:05:25
jaymztrain
Avid Angler
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 12:24:43 (permalink)
post edited by jaymztrain - 2009/11/16 18:52:43
stillhnter9
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 12
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 12:27:49 (permalink)
This thread is nonsense!
Deerslayir
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 175
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 12:33:59 (permalink)
Every bait shop has their own nitch, PR has the best lure selection in town and very good prices I like their store alot,and Andy works his tail off to get bait to the two head boats and always has emerald shiners, the city in the central location struggled for bait before Andy came along,he is open early and has good bait like him or hate him he gives you a good amount and he works hard to please the fishermen,I go to Andy cause he is close to my house and reliable, and thats all I can ask for
jaymztrain
Avid Angler
RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/07 12:34:23 (permalink)
e
post edited by jaymztrain - 2009/11/16 18:53:17
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: