Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Presquisleanglr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 185
  • Reward points: 0
2007/08/06 14:47:50 (permalink)

bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait

The only reason I opened a bait shop is Hanson's closed, Harold passed on Jimmy Smith my friend is ill and having a tough go of it, and I was not going to spend my children's inheritance on bait at the Greek's. I'm just a man that loves to fish and needed bait and wish I never opened a bait shop! I work very very hard to make sure people I don't know have good bait at a fair price and all I get is guff.Emerald shiners are my bait of choice for perch and while I'm catching some for my self I put extra in the boat for other anglers. I run a bait shop that sells bait and some tackle in case anglers left theres at home. I'm not a tackle shop that sells tackle at more than you can get it at wall mart and bait when I have it. I only ran out of bait once Last year and once this year only do to a family Reunion. I'll have bait when no one else does. Why? there are 10 commercial net licenses for bait in Pa. I have one. I'm catching bait every day. so where are the other 9 licenses? Sitting on some tackle store shelf waiting for the bait to come to the docks where its easy pick-ens and thats the only time you will see emeralds at a tackle store now the VHS bad is on.The only other bait shop that bust there hump for fresh emeralds is bac and he makes you pay dearly for them.And if any of you sons of a sea hook thinks you can fish stop by the bait shop jump in the boat grab an end of that 100 ft man killer of a net bail over the side in a two ft. chop and head to the beach we will see who can fish? By the way did I mentioned I love to fish.

82 Replies Related Threads

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 14:55:01 (permalink)
    What exactly brought on this rant? There is plenty of bait business to go around up there. I hope you do well, unless you intend to go about bashing the competition.

By the way, I buy tons of tackle from PR's for the same price or LOWER than Walmart, or Gander Mountain.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1656
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:05:05 (permalink)
    Ahhhhh.  It ain't even October yet.  Gotta love the "friendly competition". 

My guess is somebody dun bashed him in a report.
    Presquisleanglr
    Avid Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:05:48 (permalink)
    Oh, by the way did you notice where it says new angler next to my name with a nice gold star? Ive Ben fishing since the fifty's, the other expert anglers must be really old and salty! Or bull **** and use this net more than they use the net on a boat. I see allot of don't tell some one mighty fish in my secret spot or fished the same numbers yesterday from these old salt sons of a sea hook and never give a fellow angler a lag up bass turds! This new angler will put you on the hit every time and when there gone find some more to beat up I don't care if your muphr from Russia fish are for catching. Not hidden in a secret diary under your mommas bed!!!!!
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:13:50 (permalink)
    Dude,

Please shut up.

thank you,

Silverkype
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2647
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:14:37 (permalink)
    "spend my children's inheritance on bait at the Greek's." how much bait is that???!!! LMAO!!!!!!!! with the exception of some crawlers when i HAVE to use them behind a harness(never tried GULP), i havent bought a minnow in years. no, i dont perch fish. with your ranting, though, i may stop by and get a dozen from you just to watch you go off the handle. a couple posts about running out of emeralds and you "LOSE IT." if i was a business owner in your shoes i'd delete the posts. if you cant take offense to a few posts on here, and after everybody that does or doesnt get bait from you reads this, theyre either going to ride your arse for whining or probably wont be visiting you for bait anytime soon.

"and wish I never opened a bait shop." close up shop. somebody else will do it. people have been getting bait long before you arrived and will get it when you are gone.
    post edited by *commander* - 2007/08/06 15:20:24
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:17:54 (permalink)
    wont be visiting you for bait anytime soon.

After this thread, count me on that list. 

Remember kids, crack kills.
    Presquisleanglr
    Avid Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:29:29 (permalink)
    spoon licker who said any thing about pr,s I know Gary and the Brain both and have nothing against them what so ever, I even bought tackle at there stores so whats your problem are you a no tell them angler?
    CUZZZZZZZZZZ
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:29:58 (permalink)
    Por richards has the best location and like walnut launch, its the only place the pittsburghers know.
    The owners know nothing about fishing,dont even like too fish. they like MONEY and thats it. 90% straight CASH buisiness. Probley' have 3 million buried in the floorboards of thier house.
    keep it real PIangler. my money goes to you.
    Dont even get me going on BAC
    Presquisleanglr
    Avid Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:41:10 (permalink)
    SILVERKYPE
    YOUR WECOME

spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:42:58 (permalink)

"are you a no tell them angler?"

Apparently you've never read any of my posts. I am probabley the most anti-tightlips poster on here. Your broad brush statement about tackle shops, sure seemed to encompass everyone including PR's. You need to grow thicker skin. Responding to criticism here will do nothing for your reputation.

ORIGINAL: Presquisleanglr

spoon licker who said any thing about pr,s I know Gary and the Brain both and have nothing against them what so ever, I even bought tackle at there stores so whats your problem are you a no tell them angler?

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:44:41 (permalink)
    Cuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

You couldn't find a clue with the help of the FBI, and the CIA.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:45:09 (permalink)
    wow and I thought I got things out of hand. I dont shop bac because every time Im there I feel unwelcomed. every time Im at POOR RICHARDs I get helpful tips, people remember me and dont even get me going bout emerald shinners there. I asked for 2 dozen... I got 6! I love it! Ive been tying jigs and flies for the past month now and they are strickly steelhead flies. Ill have more then enough for the season but Im sure Ill still stop at pr for the egg sacks and trade in some chromers for some smokers. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:58:22 (permalink)

Why would you attack spoon?  All he asked was what the reason for your original post was?  I don't think he was attacking you.

As far as the new angler and 1 star next to your name,  that is because you only made 14 post on here, indicating you're a fairly new member here, it's not a knock on you're fishing skills. Just a silly computer program.
    Nobody I know has a problem with you,  just wondering what set you off. I post on here allot, 99 percent of the posts on here go in one ear and out the other. There's some decent people here, and plenty of b.s.  I'd suggest thicker skin.  

I sometimes doubted you're reports and wondered if you weren't just drumming up business. However I DO NOT doubt them anymore, not after last april when we showed up to fish at east ave. for steelhead. We hadn't even bought anything from you and you came out and told us to go try the south pier instead, someone you knew had caught a bunch there that morning and the fish around the launch had left because the bait left. After that I realized you probably just weren't drumming for business because you sent pontential customers away. I was impressed by that. That rant above I'm not as impressed with.
    post edited by Stillhead - 2007/08/06 16:02:22
    Presquisleanglr
    Avid Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 15:58:43 (permalink)
    SPOON LICKER YOU SEEM TO RESPOND QUITE FAST YOUR SELF! YOU SHOULD BUDDY UP WITH THE COMMANDER AND TT THEY ARE VERY OPIATED AS WELL.
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 16:06:30 (permalink)
    we just all like a good laugh. havent seen a thread this funny in awhile. no more emeralds; the net is huge; the people are talking about me; the Greek's are taking my kids college fund and inheritance: AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 16:13:54 (permalink)
    That's collage, you dope, not college.
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 16:14:44 (permalink)
    LMFFFFFAAAAOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats hilarious. one of the funniest respones ever imo. i'm glad it was raining this morning. i may have gone fishing or had done something productive and missed all the fun.
    post edited by *commander* - 2007/08/06 16:16:21
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 16:15:44 (permalink)
    Uhm, and you're not opinionated?  You bash both competition and (worse) customers.  Public forum rants by business owners usually end with loss of business and potential loss of ownership of said business.  You must have gone to the business school that teaches foolish behavior and customer alienation.  Oh, wait, that's right, you are just a man who likes to fish and didn't want to invest your future in somebody else's business.  You just want to throw your's down the drain.  Good luck.
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 16:19:21 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: *commander*

we just all like a good laugh. havent seen a thread this funny in awhile. no more emeralds; the net is huge; the people are talking about me; the Greek's are taking my kids college fund and inheritance: AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst part of all this is I'm not getting anything done around the house.  This was supposed to be my honey-do time, and I can't get off the 'puter because of this stuff.  She's gonna kick my a&&!
    SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 16:21:04 (permalink)

SILVERKYPE
    YOUR WECOME

Thank you Kind sir. 
    Presquisleanglr
    Avid Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 17:01:55 (permalink)
    T.T
    STILLHEAD
    SPOONCHUCKER
    COMMANDER
     I JUST WONTED TO SAY THANKS I WAS AT HOME IN ALLOT OF PAIN FROM A NECK OPERATION AND WAS BESIDE MY SELF, NEVER POSTED ON THIS PART BEFORE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO TO TAKE MY MIND OFF THE PAIN OTHER THAN PAIN PILLS( I HATE). YOU MEN SAVED MY DAY THANKS AGAIN AND AS FOR THE BAIT SHOP I COULDN'T CARE LESS IF IT MAKES ANY MONEY JUST AS LONG AS MYSELF AND FISHING FRIEND ON THIS SIDE OF TOWN HAVE BAIT. LIKE I POSTED JIMMY SMITH ISN'T WELL AND SOME TIMES DOESN'T OPEN NO FAULT OF HIS OWN. GOOD FISHING AND KEEP UP THE SARCASM YOU CAN BUT HEAD WITH ME ANY TIME.
    Presquisleanglr
    Avid Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 17:22:00 (permalink)
    T.T
    STILLHEAD
    SPOONCHUCKER
    COMMANDER

JUST WONTED TO SAY THANKS I NEVER POSTED ON THIS PART AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL AGAIN, THATS WHY ONLY ONE STAR STILLHEAD SAID. BUT I WAS AT HOME IN ALLOT OF PAIN FROM A NECK SURGERY AND THOUGHT IT WOULD TAKE MY MIND OFF THE PAIN OTHER THAN PAIN PILLS(I HATE) AS FAR AS THE BAIT SHOP I AM IN DIFFERENT IF IT MAKES MONEY OR NOT AS LONG AS MYSELF AND FISHING FRIENDS HAVE BAIT ON THIS SIDE OF TOWN. LIKE I SAID JIMMY SMITH ISN'T WELL AND SOME TIMES DOESN'T OPEN.YOU PUT A SMILE ON A DOWN MANS FACE WITH YOUR ATTITUDES AND ALLOT OF PEOPLE DON'T UNDER STAND THICK SKIN YOU CANT GET ANY THICKER SKINNED THAN ME ASK AROUND.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 17:27:01 (permalink)
    D@mned, and we were just starting to have fun. Get better, and keep up the reports, stay honest, and provide good service, and there'll be no need to defend youself against anyone here. I don't carry grudges, they're too heavy.

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
    T.T.
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 18:04:08 (permalink)
    ...an axe, well that's a different story.
    Presquisleanglr
    Avid Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 18:07:46 (permalink)
    THE INVITATION STILL STANDS THE NET IS 100FT BY 6FT AND IF YOU OR ANYONE THINKS HEY WOULD LIKE TO EXPERIENCE THE LOST TRADE OF BAIT SEINING IN OPEN WATER I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS. WE CAN GO ON A CALM DAY.

PRESQUE ISLE ANGLER BAIT AND TACKLE
    ANDY DANIELS
    jaymztrain
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 18:42:34 (permalink)

A!
    post edited by jaymztrain - 2009/11/16 18:50:47
    *commander*
    Pro Angler
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 19:25:23 (permalink)
    geez dude. sorry to hear about your neck. hope all goes well. ez on them meds though. you get quite a bit ornery(sp).
    Buckets Charter
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 97
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 19:29:36 (permalink)
    You hit the nail on the head locals.... You know the ignorant bastards that forget that pittsburgh keeps the economy going in erie. Probably the only place in the country with a waterfront parking garage..........  
    jaymztrain
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: bait shop-tackle shop that sells bait 2007/08/06 20:07:38 (permalink)
    w
    post edited by jaymztrain - 2009/11/16 18:51:19
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: