2023/09/12 14:13:37
psu_fish
Porktown
I wonder if Khan will have a say?  He seemed to do great on paper with the offseason moves.  Paper seemed to be missing yesterday though...  But it was only one game against a team that I think everyone knew was better.  I don't think most thought it would be that bad though.  I can't see all phases of their team being that bad all season.  I would have to think that some of the offseason moves had to be as good as they seemed or at least close.  I don't recall anyone saying anything negative of the Seumalo pick up.  Most others had some sort of question mark.  I couldn't imagine they swung and missed on that many?  

Doubtful Khan would. Rooney's are super loyal to HC's. If anything, Canada will be gone after this season, and then maybe Tomlin's neck is on the line for 2024.  
2023/09/13 12:46:47
bigfoot
I don't foresee Tomlin getting a pink slip as long as the Roony's are running the Steelers. 
2023/09/13 16:14:47
fishin coyote
Look at the bright side of things We could be NY Jet fans…LOL
2023/09/13 22:03:29
bigfoot
fishin coyote
Look at the bright side of things We could be NY Jet fans…LOL

Might not be laughing at the end of the season. Jets will probably have a better record than the black & gold.
2023/09/19 08:16:28
Porktown
At least the Stillers didn’t pay the ransom for Pickett that the Browns did for Watson. They both looked pretty awesome, for backups maybe? Matt Canada is easily the worst OC in the NFL and Steelers history. If I see another reverse or designed QB sneak that isn’t inches, I may break my TV. I am all about a QB taking off if there is a hole while dropping back to pass. If you can’t get a hole for the RBs? O line looked better this week against a really good Browns D line. But couldn’t open up a running lane. Pickett had a little time on about half of his drop backs, instead of pressured on just about every drop back against SF. Both games the defense made them one dimensional and always advantage defense, unless elite passing offense, which Pickens would be the only Stiller to fit that bill. Got to get Muth and Robinson more involved. Having games against two of the best d lines to start the season for a “new” O line was a bit of a challenge. Hopefully they show improvement. Raiders and Texans “projected” defensive rankings were low coming into the year. Hard to really know how they actually are this early in the season, but doubt they are as good as the Dawgs or Niners.

No doubt the Browns win that game with Chubb. Such a shame the NFL’s structure has RBs undervalued (in comparison). The position has to be one of the most injury prone, whether like this one that will likely end his season and possibly alter his HOF trajectory he was on, but most likely taking more high impact head shots than any other position.
2023/09/19 11:18:38
eyesandgillz
Might end Chubb's career.  Looks like the same injury he had at GA.  Not sure a knee can handle that twice and be fully functional again.  Coming from someone who has bad knees and has had surgeries, that did make me cringe and when I tried to search the replay and then saw his GA injury...double cringe.  Not for the faint of heart.  Wish him a speedy recovery but I have my doubts on him playing at a high level again.
2023/09/19 12:03:23
pensfan1
They only showed the replay once on the big screen lastnight. Not sure if you could see on the TV side, but that whole end of the stands, especially the end zone, went almost totally silent. As they carted him off, the crowd all gave him a standing ovation. You never want to see that happen to any player. It reminded me of the Willis McGahey injury. At 28 years old, hopefully Chubb can get back on the feild by next season. With it being the same knee he blew up in 2015 at Georgia, like Eyes said, it could be the end of a career that was cut very short.
2023/09/19 12:05:01
Porktown
He is past the prime of his career, although playing at prime level (28 years old). Full rehab from something like this would be a year minimum to get in the shape he was and confidence on it. He has a contract through next season. I’d be shocked if he plays again. He will collect this year and next on IR regardless. No one is going to give him the money he wants at 30, unless he came back next season at the same level. I don’t see that happening. But what do I know. These guys are ultra competitive people that mostly look past their health for the chance to be considered one of the best ever. Hopefully he has enough of a resume to put him in consideration for HOF, but not sure he does.
2023/09/19 12:06:30
pensfan1
Oh ya, I know this is a NFL thread BUT...... Eat 💩 Pitt!!
Lets Gooooooo Mountain-eerssssss!!!!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account