2023/08/19 20:53:21
DeadGator401
Well it's upon us already. 

I'm going 11-6 for the Steelers. I think the browns will be the browns, and the rest of the division will be a dogfight. 

Super Bowl Prediction - Cin Vs. Philly with a Philly win.
2023/08/19 22:10:41
Porktown
Stillers starters looked pretty good against Bills starters. Bills looked really sloppy, coaches have to be pretty outraged. Take away the sloppy play and I think Stillers are right with them.

I don’t know what other teams did in off season, but hard to go against KC. SB is theirs to lose. What the Stillers did in off season, on paper could contend, preseason is making it look possible.
2023/08/20 08:17:04
EMitch
How about the Steelers back-up center. What's his name, Kendrick, I think. Former 3rd rounder who didn't play at all last year, looked bad against Tampa last week, and even worse against Buffalo. On shotgun plays, Rudolph was reachin' right, left, and over his head for the ball, and on one play, he snapped when neither Rudolph nor the running back were even ready. Maybe he just missed the snap count, but the ball sailed past Rudolph, Buffalo recovers on the 2 and one play later they score. That ain't the way to gain Tomlin's favor.
2023/08/20 22:49:15
Porktown
They were talking about him at fullback last week. Would have been nice to see that. Most likely a bad draft pick (I called it on these boards back then, but what do I know). A long with many others. Third round, might as well give him a shot at FB for how much invested. But if not doing it in preseason, have him as guard depth and cut ties when it sounds best for cap/contract. Disclaimer, I have no idea what OL in college wil be good, they just needed to go OL way earlier than 3rd round with Green and almost karma that it is failing.

I hope things keep looking the why they point for the Stillers. If even half of what looks good pans out, we might be pointing some middle fingers at Kevin Colbert in years to come of what could have. Granted, he did not do horribly. But IMHO, he wasted the last few years of Ben’s career, not rebuilding the line with high end picks sooner. That would have them without Watt and Harris now though, so what do I know. On paper and early preseason returns, Khan is a flipping NFL guru... There is only one guru on this site, so I fully expect many of Khan’s decisions to not age as well as they have. But as of now, holy cow. If it keeps going and does it for another year or two, this team can be dominant. Obviously, reality will set in at some point. He can very well be a GM genius, but the majority of the others aren’t idiots.
2023/08/21 08:48:14
hendey lathe
I'm just can't wait for another season of "Tomlinisms". 
2023/08/24 19:57:42
Porktown
Keeping it up…
2023/09/10 11:48:59
Porktown
Tough test to start the season! Not sure what to think. Stillers looked great in preseason, but preseason is like Presidential polls 14 months out from an election. SF is undeniably a top five team, arguably #1 after KC debacle. Top defense and dangerous weapons on O. Purdy is really their only question mark. Stillers have same question mark and a few others. Home field advantage is 3 points. Not sure if I can confidently say Stillers are within 3 points of SF. It might be close, but would be pleasantly surprised if Stillers pull it off.

KC should right their ship with Kelce back. But like most teams, once that QB is established and paid, less weapons, protection or top defensive players they can pay as well. It isn’t all that surprising that they have WRs that drop balls. One nice thing about the salary cap.
2023/09/10 16:35:42
pensfan1
THUD!!!
2023/09/10 17:09:16
Porktown
Yesterday watching Pitt on dvr, I kind of had the feeling Stillers game was going to be similar. I didn’t think Stillers were going to give their uniforms to Pitt. Seriously looked like a college team vs a pro team in first quarter. Watt played well, that was about it. Not sure if anyone else on that team won their battles. Heyward injury was the only reason I knew he was there. Defense has a ton of money in it and looked nothing like a top level crew. Offensive line overhaul looked like any compliment of Khan should be retracted. Pickett looked like beginning of year last year Pickett. No doubt 69ers are a contender, Stillers proved early to be a pretender. Long season, but that was about as bad as could be.
2023/09/10 17:53:35
EMitch
Yeah, it was ugly. I was sucked in by all the hype for the past 10 days having read nearly everything written by the pundits, (including Steelers Nation) and was really startin' to believe, but I watched all the NFL shows starting from 9AM on, and found myself rather apprehensive just before game time. The Steelers 1st two possessions sealed the deal for me. Frisco was just too good and outplayed 'em for the entire game. Lucky it wasn't worse.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account