2023/09/10 19:50:36
BloodyHand
49ers gonna make a run to the Super Bowl if they stay healthy.
But, How bout them Browns!

BH
2023/09/10 21:00:35
pensfan1
I'm glad we went to Morgantown today to see the oldest perform in the Wind Symphony. I only got to watch a few minutes at end when we took her to eat.
2023/09/10 21:17:49
Porktown
BloodyHand
49ers gonna make a run to the Super Bowl if they stay healthy.
But, How bout them Browns!

BH

The Stillers game reminded me a lot of the Stillers/Browns playoff game two years ago. At least the first quarter/half.
Good to see the Bungles get crushed, not so good to see the Browns being the one to dominate them. Not looking good for the Stillers next week.
Giants are doing their best impression of the Stillers.
2023/09/11 11:14:28
eyesandgillz
Took the family to the PSU game on Saturday and met up with my brother up there.  Long day...drove up, halfway to stop and drop off the dog at the inlaws, then off to Happy Valley....watch them crush DE, visit in the parking lot for awhile, then pick the dog back up and back home by 830pm.  Was looking forward to relaxing in the recliner and maybe watching a close game between the Squealers and the Niners...midway through the second, told my son to make a tee time and we were on the course for a quick 9 at 3pm.  Turns out it was a GREAT choice!  Looks like that will be my Sundays from here on out, until the weather permits.  
2023/09/11 15:26:06
psu_fish
Took Pickett 5 full years to "pop" at Pitt, Canada got fired after one season at LSU as OC, but Tomlin see something in both of them. NFL is offense heavy. Pickett might develop into a serviceable QB like Andy Dalton was, but they wont win a SB with him or Canada. 
2023/09/11 16:12:23
Porktown
Pickett is still too young to make that call, but most likely correct. He turned things around last season. I expect him to do the same this season. Will he be a Super Bowl winner, probably not, the vast majority of NFL QBs aren’t. Even the most highly touted guys coming out of college fair low odds. Many more Andy Dalton’s than Tom Brady’s. No one can accurately predict which will be which or everyone would have one. The knocks that some have on him (arm strength, long pass accuracy) was what he specialized in college. Look it up…. You can say it was Addison or other WRs, but he had one of the higher deep ball completion percentages. His accuracy yesterday was bad, but 67% completion percentage is not horrible. Garbage time helped in that. They were dominated in all aspects besides TJ Watt yesterday. Kenny didn’t help, but he wasn’t the O line, RBs, D line, secondary, special teams, or coaching. If he were put on the 49ers, he would look just fine. Stillers are far from 49ers.

Off season moves were aggressive and we are not used to that here. Aggressive doesn’t always work. The O line likely needs a few games to gel, possibly D line too. They likely would have been better off with who they had last season to start the season on O line. I do think this group will be better. Devin Bush was likely watching with a grin as it seemed like every replacement LB looked like they were imitating Bush…. Stillers likely going to do similar as last year. Make a late season run and miss out on the playoffs.

If so, they really need to put Tomlin on a hot seat by now. I thought the end of Ben’s career would have been a good time to move on and still agree. I was never a Tomlin hater, but if no playoffs this season, he should be playing for his job next. Canada, I am still scratching my head over how he is back this year.

If the next few games are even remotely close to this one, then obviously, changes will need to be made.
2023/09/11 16:17:42
psu_fish
Ben Johnson in Detroit is going to be a hot commodity in the off-season. He will be the next young gun OC to HC.

Steelers love loyalty with three coaches in 54 years, but you gotta have the goods on offense. 
2023/09/11 17:03:06
Porktown
I wonder if Khan will have a say?  He seemed to do great on paper with the offseason moves.  Paper seemed to be missing yesterday though...  But it was only one game against a team that I think everyone knew was better.  I don't think most thought it would be that bad though.  I can't see all phases of their team being that bad all season.  I would have to think that some of the offseason moves had to be as good as they seemed or at least close.  I don't recall anyone saying anything negative of the Seumalo pick up.  Most others had some sort of question mark.  I couldn't imagine they swung and missed on that many?  
2023/09/11 18:32:59
crappiefisher
OL was a B grade on pass protection, Pickett was just bad. Cam maybe going on IR is going to be a tuff one.
2023/09/11 19:06:00
Porktown
I read that SF D line graded A+ and LBs an A. Not sure how OL would grade B, considering all they did was pass block. They ran like 10 times total and a few of those was Kenny running for his life. Beyond Watt, there wasn’t another Stiller that would have received more than a C from what I saw. Kenny probably D and would do same for OL.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account