2024/06/28 01:36:52
Irisheyeball
After much reflection, I'm endorsing AZ Senator Mark Kelly as Democratic nominee for president.
2024/06/28 08:40:55
snagr
The White House apothecary done screwed up.

Or maybe that whole 90 minutes was just another Republican deepfake trying to make Dementia Joe look bad.

He’s fine. He’s always been fine.
2024/06/28 08:41:39
MyWar
I watched the first 5 episodes of the Acolyte instead of the debate. It was meh.
2024/06/28 08:45:42
psu_fish
DeadGator401
Bidens settled in as it went on, early on it seems his voice was nearly completely gone. 

Trump spouting nonsense, yet being unable to spew fully as he'll be muted. 

I swear they both spent like 15 minutes each sounding like 12 year olds saying "No he's the worst!"

So much COPIUM in this one 
2024/06/28 09:07:35
Mitchell
The 'Crats are in serious trouble now. They made a huge mistake early in '19 by giving Biden the benefit of the doubt and the benefit of being the chief runner-up of the party, then they doubled down and stayed with him until now, even against the wishes of many in their own party. Newsome says he's still solidly in Biden's corner so we may as well be prepared for Newsome to bring all of California's failures to the whole US when they nominate him. Maybe Joe won't even make it 'til the Conference in August.
2024/06/28 10:14:52
MyWar
Mitchell
They made a huge mistake early in '19 by giving Biden the benefit of the doubt and the benefit of being the chief runner-up of the party

I would totally agree with this part. This does go back to 2019 when the party and almost the entire field of candidates consolidated behind Biden because they were terrified of the idea that Bernie sanders would win.

And much the same way that trump was nominated in 2016, sanders 2020 was gonna win with a plurality- benefitting from a crowded field of candidates, most of whom had no chance to actually win.

So I think a big part of the circumstances that led to bad candidates (both trump and Biden) is the vanity or hubris (or whatever you want to call it) of all these dipshiits that decided to run in these crowded primaries. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that both trump and Biden both came out of messy primaries and crowded fields.
2024/06/28 11:10:23
Porktown
That quote by Trump was hilarious.  "I couldn't understand what he said.  I'm not sure if he did either" or whatever it was.  I'm guessing his camp was telling him to keep stuff like that at a minimum.  But he completely summed up Biden's debate (or what I saw) with that line.

If the corpse is left to rot in this election, hands down Trump victory regardless of him going out and looking competent somewhere in the future.  This was so horrible, it will be lasting.  If he looks like that now at a debate, what are the odds he will look like that again in 2 years, 3 years, etc. at a summit with world leaders or addressing Congress.  The GOP Congress already thinks he is a corpse, now half of the Dems do, if not more.

I was planning to vote for him to just avoid another circus with Trump.  He completely lost my vote.  I'm not a fan of the nazi party, but the alternative is looking worse at this point.  Maybe Trump can round up all of the inflation and put it in a concentration camp?
2024/06/28 12:12:51
MyWar
Porktown
If the corpse is left to rot in this election, hands down Trump victory regardless of him going out and looking competent somewhere in the future.  This was so horrible, it will be lasting.  If he looks like that now at a debate, what are the odds he will look like that again in 2 years, 3 years, etc. at a summit with world leaders or addressing Congress.  The GOP Congress already thinks he is a corpse, now half of the Dems do, if not more.

I was planning to vote for him to just avoid another circus with Trump.  He completely lost my vote. 

Biden will not be the next president. I’m pretty certain of that. Either he stays on and loses to Trump, or they will be some kind of contested convention and another candidate will be nominated.

If Biden stays on though, this doesn’t affect my vote one bit. Not voting for one candidate is a de facto vote for the other. A second trump term will be an unmitigated disaster without a doubt and even zombie joe Biden can’t do as much damage as a deranged trump.
2024/06/28 14:26:22
crappiefisher
2024/06/28 21:03:52
DeadGator401
crappiefisher
16 hours later, WTH?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYghfyxtZnc

Yeah, maybe the guy was sick? 

Trump was pretty spot on and his usual self, but still had some cracks in the seams. Misspoke plenty, and spouted some real nonsense, but most was overshadowed by Biden's gaffs. 

It'd be very dumb for Trump to agree to another debate. Time will tell. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account