2021/12/13 13:05:10
Porktown
That wind a few days ago was relentless all through the region.  Give an open 2-3 mile stretch of water for it to funnel and had to be hitting 60+ mph gusts.  I'm not exactly sure of the direction of the wind, but if it was from the West or East, that is a pretty long stretch of open water. 

If from the North or South, Pymie would likely have had surfable waves...
2021/12/15 08:30:19
Porktown
I caught two gizzard shad yesterday!  What a way to end the season...  Hopefully a mild winter and the spring comes soon.
2021/12/31 10:48:52
Porktown
Another skunk to end the year. I hate fishing.
2022/01/03 14:05:28
TheBlueLagoon
Porktown
Another skunk to end the year. I hate fishing.

Brutal, I've been opting to head north and go for steel. Great year for them. Hopefully I get up Arthur once or twice before it ices up. Good luck out there
2022/01/03 15:03:07
Porktown
I've debated Erie. 

I got a walleye I guess around Thanksgiving time that had me interested to keep it going.  I have been studying how to dial in my boating electronics and how to fish deeper water.  Right now, I am about a D- in the course, with that one walleye keeping me from being an F.  I'm not sure if the techniques these guys use in other states translates to us or not?  I have definitely found some deep water structure and have donated some new lures to them.  

I'm done with the boat until the spring.  I will be in Erie in a few weeks.  If things aren't locked up, I will take my gear.
2024/03/25 11:14:08
Porktown
So, does this include the big tour boat that puts up surfable wake, or just our small fishing boats?  Doesn't make too much of a difference to me.  The USS Fartknocker #2, on full throttle gets me to 9mph with the wind at my back.  Not sure what they will consider no wake, but can't be much slower than my full speed.  I wonder how far from Mc Daniels this will stretch?  Include the dam & cabin areas?  Already a pain in the rear to go around the island with the shoal.  I know there is a cut in it somewhere, but getting stuck on there once about 10 years ago was enough to not try again...
2024/03/25 14:21:52
CTKsnowman
Looks like the belly aching kayakers of Arthur secured their own paddle zone.  
2024/03/26 14:03:11
psu_fish
Yup, between all the kayaks that clog the ramp, and the dude with Carmate trailer doing paddle board lessons/eco tours, I will try to avoid launching out of McDanels.

This lake is really starting to not be worth the hassle. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account