2023/06/25 20:14:08
pensfan1
The thermocline in that deep must be around middle 40FOWs. Seems like anywhere east of Conny, 65+ is the preferred depth right now. I'd say that NE front that blew for those few days last week, screwed up that lake water. Maybe 2 weeks behind? Last few seasons we've done great with the inclose game by now. Ofcourse surface temps were usually high 60s. We had 64, at the most, yesterday. IMHO ofcourse.
2023/06/25 22:55:57
Moses Guthrie
Fished Thursday - Saturday east of walnut. Best marks were around bait balls upper 60s to 79 ft. Areas without bait were void of fish. Mostly fished the higher end of that range which seemed to have the better sized fish. 5 man box each day with a few steelhead mixed in and some shorts. Everything caught fish Bangos, thundersticks, bay rats, bandits, spoons and harnesses. But Bangos n crawlers did the most damage. Majority of fish seemed to be hanging around 45-55 ft but talked to others that were catching fish flat lining plugs early in the mornings. Also talked to a few bottom bouncers who did well in 45-50 ft of water. Seems to be a lot of silver fish being caught the last few weeks too. Should be a great summer.
2023/07/05 13:39:35
CTKsnowman
I got to fish Monday and Tuesday up in Dunkirk, Biggest Walleye was 27" Smallest was 17" also got my first jumbo perch trolling. The fish were spread out in 55-65 FOW, worm burners, and short shallow bay rats on the down rigger's were my weapons of choice. 
2023/07/09 20:49:27
DeadGator401
fished around pool 8 this past weekend. Hooked into a monstrosity of a Smallie on a whopper plopper 90, but it got off near the boat. Sure gave us some entertainment though. 

Unfortunately we've been out in the middle of the day. Tubing and swimming are far more productive activities. Water was 82-84 in some places. felt good to take a dip.
2023/07/12 01:14:57
MyWar
Fished the Gunnison below blue Mesa reservoir today. Took a little while to figure out how to catch ‘em but ended up getting some nice rainbows just swinging panther martins.

They were so different than the stocked trout in western PA. Way prettier. More vibrant color. If trout fishing in PA was like this I might have to reconsider my devotion to smallmouth. I didn’t keep any but I’m sure they would have been fantastic for the table.

We’re camped here another night and I’m hoping to get some fishing in on the reservoir in the morning. I guess Kokanee salmon and lake trout are a big deal on these high elevation reservoirs? I won’t be getting into any of that but I’m hoping to get into some browns or whatever along the shoreline.
2023/07/12 12:12:19
crappiefisher
Haven't been fishing since mid May. Don't know what to do with these 2 loads of compost. Used about 8 wheelbarrows for leveling low spots and where the stump grinder removed tree stumps in the yard. The problem is they are over loaded with earthworms. I feel bad when I take a spade shovel and cut 'em up. Don't need the produce since my oldest son takes care of that for me.

Would you still just use them for garden compost and not care about shredding the worms with the tiller? Or just have a worm farm that is complete and not have all the extra work involved in a vegetable garden? 

crappy

The piles are much larger than they look in the photo. Never saw so many worms, it's hard to believe that's why I'm asking for advice.
2023/07/12 12:49:27
bigfoot
Any Amish around? They might take em. They sell nightcrawlers here abouts.
2023/07/12 13:11:35
crappiefisher
 Loaded with Amish in the area. They have a worms for sale sign on rt. 6 near Wilson's boat launch next to my sons place. The Amish are building a produce stand yesterday and today on rt. 8 in Harrisville for my oldest son Lol. Hence the not needing another garden.

Asked my other son why his tackle order from Florida didn't show up yesterday. He messaged the trucking company today and they told him they are waiting on a truck that has a power lift gate so can unload easier. SMH!! 
2023/07/13 12:46:46
crappiefisher
 Think I'll spread the garden however deep 10" -- 12" with a tractor and the rest have a 8' wide 12' long and 3'-4 high pile out of the way in the shade. Would like to have fresh worms for Perch, Eyes and Sunfish whenever needed and not have to worry about storing them to keep healthy. It is gross how many are in that crap. Thought maybe I just hit a lucky spot when shoveling so tried many different spots so not to be grossed out with worms but they were thick everywhere I tried.

The old lady and my son left at 4:30 am this morning to go pick up 3,500 new hard baits. They get back at 11:00 and the truck company with his tackle delivery calls and says they are in Mars and will be at his shop in a half hour. He then has to leave to go to a concert in Pgh. at 3:00. I don't even want to go feed my baitfish outside. To be young again. The old lady is still helping him so I really don't have a excuse for being lazy this week.

Pork,
Are you going to have a chance to fish for Peacock Bass? How are the bikini babes treating you down there?

2023/07/13 15:56:50
pensfan1
I'd come up and fill the Tundra up this fall, if you still have "extra" Crappie. I'm due for some supplemental soil for the garden. jus ask'IN jus Say'IN.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account