2024/04/13 21:43:20
DeadGator401
Yeah it's been wild. Got a window to do my yard 3 or 4 days ago, already higher than it was when I cut it. 
2024/04/14 11:56:46
crappiefisher
Porktown
crappiefisher
https://www.cbsnews.com/p...CCtUP395a1KBZBu452U9xw

Dang, that is a slob!!! Congrats Chuck if you happen to be a member here.

Are the perch making a comeback in Erie, or are these mostly bay residents?

On the long side and a little slow...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUzbHZVXGKc    
2024/04/14 15:19:21
Porktown
eyesandgillz
Did you round up the yard twice, before tilling?

I used the Ortho weed be gone, and did okay on some. The. spot killed with a vinegar solution the rest. Then tilled and raked away as much as possible. Was mostly dirt when I replanted. I also spread a ton of screened top soil.

My issue is mostly speedwell. Can’t find what will kill it and not the lawn. Doing my best to bag the clippings and overseed. Hoping to get enough grass to choke it out.
2024/04/15 09:08:18
CTKsnowman
Dam 4 on the Allegheny reached 20.86 feet on Saturday, I believe the last time it got that high was 2010, not surprised a few barges got loose. Saw a few guys trying to fish Deer Creek on Sunday, water was still high and fast. I got roped into fixing a live well for my buddies boat, only took 3 hrs and one extra trip to autozone. 
2024/04/15 10:14:28
DarDys
Every time the water about gets right, more rain and blown back out around here.

Lots of caddis hatching on water that is not fishable.
2024/04/15 11:46:33
Moses Guthrie
Pine was still high n muddy yesterday but fished very well.
2024/04/15 13:06:47
pensfan1
The Neshannock is a lovely clay brown color today.
2024/04/16 22:18:53
MyWar
Did the thing where I take the kayak out to glade run and catch a bunch of small bass. I guess I do this at least once every spring. As expected, the water was pretty murky. I think next time I want to hit the water after work for some spring bass I need to take the boat to Arthur. It’s a pretty quick shot from my house and I think I could get into some bigger fish.

I’m gonna be in Miami Beach for a work conference the first week of may. Should I try to do some fishing? In the bay?
2024/04/16 22:35:10
Porktown
I’ve never been to Miami, but I always fish where work takes me. I’ve even stayed in midtown Manhattan and took gear (did rather well, drove to Breezy Point). Have fished from ME to southern VA for work. If you have a travel rod and small tackle bag it is pretty easy to pack on a flight. If I were to go to Miami, I’d check when a good time to target peacock bass is and maybe think freshwater? Early May is likely going to be hot, regardless if fresh or salt. Likely going to be an early morning, later evening bite. And likely when you want to be fishing and not sweating your blzz off.
2024/04/17 08:45:37
MyWar
I’ll be staying in Miami Beach, which is like a barrier island I guess. If I was staying in mainland Miami I probably would look for more freshwater. Peacock bass would be fun but I don’t know if I’ll have as many freshwater options on the island.

Plenty of water though. I’m thinking the bay side is where to start looking.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account