2024/04/03 09:02:40
CTKsnowman
Deer creek and Pine creek are blown out, I think the opener on Saturday is going to be a bust unfortunately. 
2024/04/03 10:02:50
MyWar
Yough is 21 ft at sutersville as of 10:00 am. I thought the forecast was to crest at 21 ft but it looks like it’s gonna be higher than that.

https://waterdata.usgs.go...7D&showMedian=true

The mon wharf is flooded and the point is probably under water too.

I imagine nothing will be fishable for awhile.
2024/04/06 14:59:21
CTKsnowman
Fished Deer creek this morning, water was pretty dirty and a bit quick. Managed to catch 6 with some old egg sacks I picked up in Erie back in December. 
2024/04/06 16:46:10
pensfan1
We took a ride over and checked Shenago Res. Very brown, especially up Golden Run end. I haven't seen that island under water in a good while. The Casway shoreline is basically gone. I also saw they have about 30 or so pine trees lying in the parking lot at the camp ground. They probably won't get those sunk until levels come down.
2024/04/07 23:17:41
MyWar
Looks like more rain this week. Warmer temps though. challenging conditions I think but that’s spring. I guess well see what’s up. I’m gonna get out there if I can. Maybe not moving water though.
2024/04/09 07:46:24
Loomis
Glad to see some old board members still out there.  Keep it up!  Facebook has basically ruined the adventure now....
2024/04/09 09:24:42
Porktown
My company frowns on social media used on their devices, so I stick away from there. I have checked it out though, not all that interested in what people had to eat or praising their kids for the slightest things. I checked some fishing reports pages, seems most of the sources that I had before link to a Facebook page, so less and less bait shops and other forums like this. A lot of spoon feeding of specific info/spots that used to be frowned upon in forums like these. One thing about helping a fellow angler with a common interest, but some don’t seem to realize or care that their posts reach thousands of others. The nice thing about the private message ability of forums like this, have no idea if social media has that. I am guilty of using their info, more from YouTube videos myself. But I am sure those local to the waters that those channels are filmed on are irate with those guys filming.
2024/04/09 09:48:31
CTKsnowman
Facebook has it's uses, for example: I'm in several boat/outboard/atv/lawnmower owners groups and they are filled with great information for troubleshooting and fixing stuff that breaks. The market place is decent, and the fishing groups are hit and miss. The charter captains up in erie do post great information. The hunting groups during open season are the worst, and then they become ghost towns full of spam/scams once spring shows up. But yes, if you just use Facebook for the general feed it's mostly doom scrolling through endless political rants, family clout photos, and targeted ad's. 
2024/04/09 12:01:15
MyWar
If you think Facebook fishing groups are bad you should check out the fishing subs on Reddit. It’s one post after another of pictures with “forgot my scale, how much do you think it weighs?”
2024/04/09 19:54:29
Loomis
Haha well I'm an old timer here - don't get out as much as I used to but realizing when this was at it's height it was way better than the groups that are on facebook.  Just too many people out locally anymore because information spreads too fast.  I do like it for the groups / classifieds but I don't do much on the personal side.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account