2024/02/03 15:01:12
crappiefisher
 I'll send you a couple photos when I head down. Got delayed a bit.
 Nice old school catalog from 1972. Guess thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIIAJ5S5Q7E is some of the vintage type of stuff my son is on the way to get.  
2024/02/03 16:38:18
Mitchell
crappiefisher
 I'll send you a couple photos when I head down. Got delayed a bit.
 Nice old school catalog from 1972. Guess thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIIAJ5S5Q7E is some of the vintage type of stuff my son is on the way to get.  

Don't say that the old school stuff don't work anymore. Remember the adage:
"What's old is new". Somethin' the fish haven't seen in a long while will still trigger.

It's supposed to be unseasonably warm this week, and one son and I may hit the river. The water is goin' down and the Buffalo Creek launch is still way high, but the water is turnin' green and should be ok by midweek. Hope the Merc will fire up and run OK. It's looking rather forlorn sittin' out there in the yard.
2024/02/03 18:39:12
crappiefisher
pensfan1
Let's us kno Duud. What's open up that end, jus ask'IN fer a friend🐷

Still at full pool. Caught 6 Perch, one large fish bit my little jig hook in half, good fight though.

Maggots or grubs probably would've been better than plastics. Slow bite for a hour and a half.
2024/02/03 23:05:46
DeadGator401
Caught a few on Elk. Waters looking good for the next few weeks
2024/02/04 08:49:51
snagr
The kid and I beat up on some beat up steel in Ahia and Peeay yesterday. Nuttin fresh but still plenty around after the ice masher went through.

Saw some good panfish catches on the book of faces from Pymy last couple days.

Bout time to plan on stopping at Pymy for some night time eyes on my way home from catching steel on Conny and ‘Bula.
2024/02/06 12:01:34
pensfan1
Pa resident with combo stamp is $48.94. Wtf!?! I buy a non res NY year for $50. Somehow that doesn't make any sense. 🤯
2024/02/06 12:28:20
crappiefisher
 Would of hated to see the price of the box my wife and boys were at last month with the fridge, not for me.
   https://www.stubhub.com/p...-2024/event/151913262/

Grandson had a good time though...

2024/02/06 13:10:33
Porktown
pensfan1
Pa resident with combo stamp is $48.94. Wtf!?! I buy a non res NY year for $50. Somehow that doesn't make any sense. 🤯

I am done donating my combo stamp money. When it was somewhat reasonable priced, I’d buy it and if I made it out, I’d have it. Figured funds would help stock and keep land from posting. I’m done with that now.

Cast net permit is $25.97…. Might be done with that too. I don’t make it out at night like I used to. $26 to use maybe 1-2 times per year, to catch baitfish they haven’t stocked for 30+ years. I can get a few lures that will catch more fish and last me 10+ years. They seem to have a different cast net permit for a bunch of different waters now. Seriously have them for the Mon??? I can maybe understand the argument that people use them to catch bait then fish and keep the fish, so let’s charge $26. I’d have to imagine 95% or more fish caught in the Mon are C&R. I also imagine anyone buying a cast net permit now, is going to harvest fish they maybe wouldn’t have before.
2024/02/06 14:39:58
pensfan1
crappiefisher
 Would of hated to see the price of the box my wife and boys were at last month with the fridge, not for me.
   https://www.stubhub.com/p...-2024/event/151913262/

Grandson had a good time though...

We sat in the Armenastone box the Saturday vs Montreal. Great seats but we can only sit there for free. I would never pay what it costs. Btw cute kid. GO Pens!!
2024/02/06 15:09:10
crappiefisher
 Yeah, My mother would get tickets for the PNB box at the Igloo. Whenever she would hand us the tickets before going in I'd say " lets scalp 'em and have a great time on the town" Crazy prices even back then. Most games I went to cost around $7.75 and I thought that was expensive.  

On the back of the $7.75 ticket stubs you could get a free meal at Burger King :)

Son sold a Muskie lure not long ago for $275 and it wasn't even a antique. I'm way behind the times!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account