2023/11/20 11:34:59
davef
I've kept white bass caught while perching in Lake Erie.  Kept some the last trip up I made about 5 years ago.  The Amish told me not to freeze them but eat them as soon as possible.  To me they tasted just fine.  Wish we had some around Somerset County. 
2023/11/20 12:33:57
pensfan1
Well, Pymie has no shortage thas forsure. We caught them one after the other for 3 hours, jigging blades. I might have to string a couple up next time we go, just to try them. I know they have that same bloodline as a hybrid, and will have to be shaved off. Thanks for the responses.
2023/11/25 20:34:35
pensfan1
44° at Pymie. Blade baits wer hot. 1 short of a 2 man ticket on 👁s
2023/12/02 20:29:27
pensfan1
38 to 39° today. Prolly the last trip up to Pymie for us. Lake was pretty much flat and the rain stayed away. Was pretty busy with boats. We killed another dozen eyes that were very healthy. We got into some Crappies also. 15 keepers but only 1 biggun. I'm thinking the last 7 or 8 years finally have taken its toll on those fish. I'm going to try and hit Moraine a couple times before I put it to bed.
2023/12/18 09:22:52
CTKsnowman
Fished Canadaway, and Chautauqua creek Saturday. Streams were very low and clear, only thing biting were the small native trout in the Chautauqua creek.

I think I got new planer boards for Christmas, I'm thinking about burning a vacation day and testing them out at Arthur or Pymatuning before the end of the year. 
2023/12/29 21:03:38
DeadGator401
I actually made a trip up and caught some Steel.

Pale yellow eggs and sucker spawns were the hot ticket.
2024/01/31 13:36:25
Porktown
Anyone getting out? Any open water on the local lakes? Itching to just get out, motor around and look at my electronics. Try to figure some things out when I know that I am probably not going to catch. Try to get a few more deeper water structure waypoints loaded. Long term forecast looks like a glimpse of spring. Which of course means actual spring won’t be here until April…. I think the same thing happened last year.

I was in FL a few weeks ago when it was crazy cold. It wasn’t all that warm down there and windy. Made it out one day for about 2-3 hours on a causeway in Tampa. Got one pin fish. Saw a nice red cruising, but couldn’t tempt him. My son and nephew each got a skunk.
2024/02/01 10:12:52
CTKsnowman
I spent a few hours organizing my boat last weekend, I was very bored. A couple of guys on facebook said Arthur is open, didn't sound like anyone caught anything. 
I'm going to try to get out on the river before walleye goes out, I just need the river to drop another 2-3 feet. 
2024/02/03 13:36:25
crappiefisher
 Need to get measurements for a couple canoes at camp and in the back yard. Want to go to the park office on south shore or Fish Commission up Meadville for launch permits in the next week or so.

Son is on the way to Columbus, Georgia right now. He bought out a estate of fishing tackle from Tom Mann's fishing buddy.

Taking a ride to Arthur in a few minutes to get some fresh air.

crappy 
2024/02/03 14:51:48
pensfan1
Let's us kno Duud. What's open up that end, jus ask'IN fer a friend🐷

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account