2023/10/02 08:13:11
psu_fish
Fished Tionesta Lake on Sunday. Water was still 65 degrees and had pea soup color like Moraine on the surface. We boated six small mouths. Still pretty warm water for Oct. 
2023/10/06 10:15:00
MyWar
Burned a vaca day and took the kayak out to the Allegheny for probably the last time this year. Water was warm enough to wet wade comfortably all day, and also super low and super clear. Lots of floating eel grass but still fishable.

I did alright. Not great numbers considering the amount of time I spent on the water but when I hooked up they were good sized. I got three 18s and a bunch of smaller ones.

I mostly got them on the ned rigged 5” Zman jerk shads. Got bit a couple times on a chatterbait too. I don’t throw them very often, so that was kind of an experiment.

Also got one of the 18s on the jumbo 7” jerk shad right around dusk. Those things look super cool rigged on a weighted hook. They really glide through the water with a nice natural, erratic action, and they didn’t seem to pick up any grass or get snagged on rocks. They’re just so big that I imagine they won’t get bit too often. I’m definitely gonna work them into the rotation more often.
2023/10/13 20:53:30
Mitchell
Spent 7 hours on Pool 4 out of Freeport today. One good eyeball, 21", two dink walleyes, 7 dinky smallmouths, and a 12" & a 14" sauger. First trip out since May 6th, the walleye opener.
2023/10/28 20:28:00
crappiefisher
 Waded Arthur twice in the last few weeks. First outing was artificial only with a good mixed bag of panfish and LM but nothing great in the 2 hrs. Dumped the bucket of Perch/Gills out before heading home. Had a very bad headache trying to focus on hits, line and tangles 

Made it back out a couple days ago and the Perch were stacked in the area with plenty of LM. Caught one 27" Channel and left a couple hours before the Crappie would have turned on but I had enough. Kept around 35 Perch and released around 50-60. First times fishing since April and my legs could tell when I made it home.

Had laser surgery on my left eye the day before last outing and the other one gets done in a little over a week. I was surprised how much less stress was on them getting the pressure down to 12-14 lbs compared to 34-37 lbs two weeks prior.
2023/10/29 17:19:03
MyWar
I went out on the Allegheny on Friday. Barely got bit all day. Only landed two small ones. I was still on them about two weeks ago when they were more in transition, but once they move to wherever they go in the fall, I can no longer find them. Deep water wintering holes is my guess but I didn’t easily have any access to water like that where I was.

Might get out again, might not. My schedule gets crazy between now and the holidays, I can’t get out after work because it gets dark so early.
2023/11/12 17:05:18
pensfan1
50° at Moraine today. Still have a little ways to go before it'll get good.
2023/11/13 12:40:56
eyesandgillz
Was hiking Ohiopyle yesterday with the family.  Went out to the mouth of Meadow Run and the little cove/pool just upstream had several what I assume were trout rolling and coming partially out of the water.  We sat there and ate our lunches (no gear with us).  There was a gentleman upstream casting into kind of that area but never saw him hook up.  Did see a guy land a couple trout or small panfish downstream of the big falls on the main river but, we were on the overlooks and he was on the opposite side.  Whatever he was catching, he was tossing back.  Nice day to be out.
2023/11/19 19:04:01
pensfan1
47° at Pymie today. 5 crappies 4 very healthy walleyes and atleast 40 white bass. We threw the white bass back. Anyone ever eat them? I suppose they will be better outta cold water. Maybe only kill the 13s n 14s? Lemmie knw, jus ask'IN jus say'IN
2023/11/19 20:18:52
crappiefisher
 Went out Thursday from 4:00 -- 6:00 wading. One 18" Bass with a bum eye, around 20 Perch, two Crappie a Gill and one 34" Pike. Dumped the bucket of 10 Perch and 2 Crappie back in at the end. Did catch my biggest Perch ever so that was cool.

When it got dark out had a hard time keeping track of the lite stick on the float with the stars reflecting on the lake's surface so called it quits. Two Beavers gave me tail wacks goodbye as I packed up. Should have had a extra pair of socks on.

Jason, I hear they are very tasty from the reports of some Pan Fishers.
2023/11/20 08:54:39
Porktown
I’ve never had white bass, but have had white perch from the Chesapeake which are same family. Those are really good. I have watched videos of guys keeping them and say they are really good. I think they have a bloodline that needs trimmed and assume bleeding helps. I’ve caught plenty in the rivers and when warm, have a fishy smell. So bet what Chris is saying about cold water being better. Filleting a fish that smells is hard to get that out of your mind when eating, doesn’t matter if tastes excellent. At least for me. I’m sure not as good as walleye or yellow perch, but you can say that of most freshwater fish.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account