2023/09/25 13:40:09
Porktown
That looks like a great fishing machine for your section of Arthur.
2023/09/25 21:15:01
crappiefisher
 It will just take up room like the other 18 boats, canoes and yaks. He went to MD. to get this one smh.

Next weeks forecast looking purdy warm.

2023/09/25 21:58:29
MyWar
Yea next week looks great for getting out on the river. I’m gonna try to get out Sunday and then maybe burn a vacation day one day next week if I can time it right. If this warm weather holds out until Thursday I think that will be the day.

Should be a good opportunity to get the boat running the Allegheny. Not quite as soggy as a kayak, but nice enough to either wet wade, or wade in my cheap pair of hip waders. I have a feeling the grass coming loose is going to be pretty difficult to contend with though.
2023/09/25 22:57:03
crappiefisher
 The Outback came with a extra new turbo and regular drive, fish finders, dolly, and a pile of extra fishing gear for it. Too much stuff going on for a yak.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSXUf0b9F0

2023/09/27 20:19:08
pensfan1
Calling for good waves all weekend into Monday. Might havta point her North again. jus say'IN
2023/09/28 08:13:09
CTKsnowman
pensfan1
Calling for good waves all weekend into Monday. Might havta point her North again. jus say'IN

Yeah, I'm going to head to Dunkirk after work tomorrow and fish Saturday. 
2023/10/01 08:03:37
Porktown
I asked my son if he wanted to go fishing. Says no. I give him a little crap and says he will go. We took the boat onto Arthur and told him we’d be more exploring using the electronics and trying to find some spots. On our way to find a sunken bridge, we marked a ton of fish. So, decided to vertical jig and nothing. Went and found the bridge. Seemed to have fish next to it, but no takers. Strapped some harnesses on and trolled. Got one nice hit, but nothing. Within 2 hours of being on the water, he is asking to leave…. Good to hang out with him, but is about 3 hour round trip including the boat launching and storage. Should have changed things up and eliminated the boat. Oh well, got to explore a little and let him drive the boat around.

Water was 68-69. Sure it was close to 70 by end of day. Likely all week. Floor falls out next week to get the fall temps where they need to be.
2023/10/01 09:10:56
CTKsnowman
Two man limit fishing out of Dunkirk on Saturday, smallest was 18" largest was 27". Lost a bonus steelhead at the boat.... Fished 90-100 FOW, the majority of the fish were between 74 and 96 feet down, surface temp was 67. BayRats, Bombers, and worm burners were the weapons of choice. Downriggers were between 72 and 91 feet, and the dipsys were 220 back. 
2023/10/01 14:06:15
rippinlip
Hit Moraine yesterday. Couple good strikes on frogs in the pads. No fish landed. There were a ton of minnows.
2023/10/01 22:09:07
MyWar
Hit the river yesterday, solo in the kayak. Did pretty well on bass. Not a ton of fish but almost everything I caught was good sized. Probably got about 7 fish that were 16” and up in like 3 or 4 hours on the water. Biggest was just under 20”.

Hit the river again today in the boat with the girlfriend. Didn’t do very well at all. Only landed 2 and had a couple others come unbuttoned, but nothing all that big. Totally different fishing the river from the boat compared to the kayak and I’m still figuring it out I guess. I did make it almost all the way up to the Belmar bridge from fisherman’s cove with the 9.9 prop.

The river was warm enough to wet wade today and the girlfriend was swimming. If that water wasn’t above 70 today then it will be by the end of the day Thursday.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account