2023/08/23 14:05:32
crappiefisher
pensfan1
We're heading up tomorrow. Haven't fished since the gales of August moved inšŸ™„. Calling for good conditions so we'll havta see how it goes. Let yinz knošŸ¤žšŸ’ŖšŸŸ

Hope you missed the rains. Started in Linesville around 4:00 am and has been on & off most of the day. Calling for strong storms and warnings coming off the lake.
2023/08/23 17:20:43
pensfan1
Ya we didn't šŸ¤£. Got to fish about an hour n half. Same area West of Trout, same depth ( out to 25FOW). We got 3 keepers and had tons of action in that short amount of time. We had surface temp of 73Ā°. I'll be back for vengeance šŸ˜‰.
2023/08/27 01:25:35
DeadGator401
Glad someones catching something. My adventures in the river ended a month or so back. Just too hot, like people here said. 

My mom and sisters have done well on cats at night, but I can't be out there late like that right now. Someday!
2023/08/27 09:43:08
Porktown
Try wading in the heat. It makes 85 and humid feel comfortable. Stick with sections of a river/creek that arenā€™t super deep, unless pools that have edges that you can wade through.

I fished this way all of the time years back and did well. Then I bought a kayak and only wanted to use it. Then a boat and only wanted to use it. 15 years of basically ā€œforcingā€ fish from a boat in the summer and sweating my rear off in the process. With extremely inconsistent catches.

A couple years back a buddy of mine invited me to wade with him. The catching was much more consistent and like mentioned about the heat. When wading, it is about an hour round trip, including packing and unpacking the car and on the water. I donā€™t think twice about going out if I have a 3 hour window. With my boat, I need a full day or 6 hour window minimum. I canā€™t find 6 hour windows in Aug-Sept for work anyway, with most weekends catching up on house/yard work. I have a hard time finding 3 hour windows. For years, Iā€™d put in 12 hour days during the week to carve out a weekend day that I could get the boat out. Then sweat my rear off and have a bluegill or small crappie keep me from a skunkingā€¦. Trips like those had me wondering why I even went fishing.

It all changes in Oct-Dec though. Not that Dec is usually very good, but if stays warm, I will be out there trying. Then again from Mar-Jun. Almost all boat fishing in those seasons for me.
2023/08/27 10:24:16
EMitch
At least you guys are getting out on the water. Right at the minute, I don't have a tow vehicle. Wrestled the old 01 Jeep into the garage yesterday. Goin' out in a little while to pull the engine and transmission, then she's goin' for scrap. Keepin' the tranny & transfer case, the engine is goin' into my 02 Grand Cherokee, still in good shape but the engine crapped the bed. My time of the year for fishin' is fast approaching. Stay after 'em. Tight lines.
2023/08/27 10:47:22
crappiefisher
 I'd like to get the Radisson square stern out for Sept -- Nov. but to cheap to buy a launch permit for only 3 months. I know I would end up getting busted without one even though I haven't encountered a Fish Fuzz or Ranger in years. Maybe my son will take me out. I'd catch way more wading anyways so no big deal on the canoe or boat.
2023/08/27 11:41:17
rippinlip
crappiefisher
 I'd like to get the Radisson square stern out for Sept -- Nov. but to cheap to buy a launch permit for only 3 months. I know I would end up getting busted without one even though I haven't encountered a Fish Fuzz or Ranger in years. Maybe my son will take me out. I'd catch way more wading anyways so no big deal on the canoe or boat.

Holler at me I'll take you out in the toon.
2023/08/27 11:44:04
rippinlip
Porktown
rippinlip
Fished Moraine 2 days ago. Ded Cee 

Good to see a report, but sums up Artie summer fishing. That lake seems to be that way for me from when it starts to get hot out until it cools down. I have done okay in the past, REALLY early morning or evenings into dusk, but no consistent pattern to it. Not worth getting up at 3AM, to hit a 2 hour window of possibly catching a fish or two. I pretty much refuse to sweat my rearend off midday summer fishing there. I do know where to find some small crappie with maybe 1-2 keepers mixed in. Things should pick up in the next month.
Yea the Dog Days of Summer for sure. I noticed that the buoys were moved WAY into the Conservation Area or the storm blew them way in there. The Crappies were gorging on little 2 to 3 in skinny monnows. Probably this years spawning resukts.
Summer has officially changed to smallmouth season for me. Not that I crush them, but at least feel a pull every 30 minutes or so. I made it out a few days ago on the Yough. Fished from my kayak as the family floated in tubes. Got 4 smallies and a bonus rainbow. Had another really nice fish on where I caught the rainbow. I saw a steelhead sized palomino in the same area too. But was down stream about 30 yards from where I had the one on, so definitely not the same fish.

2023/08/27 11:54:42
crappiefisher

Had the Amish finish up the two branches Thursday evening then third one fell later that night. Two more to go. 
2023/08/27 12:10:01
crappiefisher
rippinlip
crappiefisher

Holler at me I'll take you out in the toon.

Any time I fish with somebody from this forum we get skunked unless it was Dreamcatcher  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account