2023/08/14 20:45:32
MyWar
Porktown

I take it that you saw your screen namesake show coming up.

Lol I actually had not seen that.

The last few years there have been a couple touring incarnations of black flag, with like barely any original members. If I could travel back in time and see the band in their prime I’d do that. The punk nostalgia thing doesn’t really do it for me though.
2023/08/14 21:25:40
crappiefisher
 Thank goodness Pymy went to 20 hp some years back. Being such flat land in the area and a large shallow lake it can get a little rough quick. Hated being on a pontoon with a 9.9 and see a storm approaching.

Got the branch on the right mostly cut up last week. Watched it fall 3 weeks ago but had to leave the next day. Pretty cool watching the storms roll in from a distance up that way.
2023/08/15 14:46:20
crappiefisher

2023/08/18 16:46:03
rippinlip

2023/08/19 20:45:10
DeadGator401
Yikes - hopefully no one got hurt!
2023/08/20 07:56:36
crappiefisher
 Well when I started cutting it up on Thursday the old lady got attacked by Bald Faced Hornets that had a nest in the branches . Her hand got pretty swollen. There are 3 more parts of it around the same size that are on their last leg/limb. One might wipe out 4 of my son's boats if he don't move them soon.

The wife was picking up Walnuts from this tree in the front yard over 80 yards away. Dang power company replaced wires on the transformer in the yard on Saturday. Came up Weds. and the transformer was blown. Had to clean out the fridge/freezer. 

Having the Amish cut everything over 40" in dia. Not as young as my brain thinks.

Lost the last of the fish from this spring so gives me a incentive to get back to the lake.

2023/08/22 21:13:18
pensfan1
We're heading up tomorrow. Haven't fished since the gales of August moved in🙄. Calling for good conditions so we'll havta see how it goes. Let yinz kno🤞💪🐟
2023/08/23 07:14:00
eyesandgillz
hopefully it didn't turnover yet....tight lines and limits...
2023/08/23 08:43:38
rippinlip
Fished Moraine 2 days ago. Ded Cee 
2023/08/23 09:14:17
Porktown
rippinlip
Fished Moraine 2 days ago. Ded Cee 

Good to see a report, but sums up Artie summer fishing. That lake seems to be that way for me from when it starts to get hot out until it cools down. I have done okay in the past, REALLY early morning or evenings into dusk, but no consistent pattern to it. Not worth getting up at 3AM, to hit a 2 hour window of possibly catching a fish or two. I pretty much refuse to sweat my rearend off midday summer fishing there. I do know where to find some small crappie with maybe 1-2 keepers mixed in. Things should pick up in the next month.

Summer has officially changed to smallmouth season for me. Not that I crush them, but at least feel a pull every 30 minutes or so. I made it out a few days ago on the Yough. Fished from my kayak as the family floated in tubes. Got 4 smallies and a bonus rainbow. Had another really nice fish on where I caught the rainbow. I saw a steelhead sized palomino in the same area too. But was down stream about 30 yards from where I had the one on, so definitely not the same fish.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account