2023/08/09 17:56:21
pensfan1
The Big Lake has been pretty angry all week. She's supposed to settle down starting Saturday, into Sunday. I'm planning vacation next week. Hopefully get a nice 4 dayer in starting Tuesday. 🤞💪🛥🐟💯
2023/08/09 18:39:15
Porktown
Go get ‘em bro!
2023/08/10 20:09:28
pensfan1
So much for laying down. Early offshore looks screwed through Tuesday. 🙄😔
2023/08/10 20:21:25
pensfan1
Double post.
2023/08/13 14:43:10
Porktown
Was thinking to float the Yough today. Connellsville gauges looked kind of high though. Sutersville not though. But figure at some point that water will be there. Not just the water, but whatever else gets flushed in after storms.
2023/08/14 12:21:33
MyWar
Porktown
Was thinking to float the Yough today. Connellsville gauges looked kind of high though. Sutersville not though. But figure at some point that water will be there. Not just the water, but whatever else gets flushed in after storms.

I was looking to get out yesterday afternoon too. I ended up hitting the Allegheny. There’s a little stretch up around Parker that doesn’t seem to get too muddied up. It’s weird actually, the one side of the river will be chocolate milk, and the other will be 3 or 4 ft of visibility. It’s nice to be able to hit that spot when we get heavy rain like we did on Saturday.
2023/08/14 13:31:17
Porktown
Most of the others in my group were planning to tube. So, what was in the high water was most of the concern. Not sure if the Yough or upper Allegheny has the CSO concerns that the three rivers closer to town has. I didn’t want to find out from experience either. One thing to be in a kayak than to be in a tube.

What is kind of crazy, Connellsville gauge started to spike at 10AM. Sutersville started raising fast around 2-3PM. They aren’t all that far between them. I would have thought it would have taken far less time to rise. Would have definitely hit us during our planned launch at Smithton and pull at Cedar Creek. Who knows, maybe just made it a faster float? But I had fished during CSO releases before and just disgusting. This was shore fishing and just left. Would be traumatized in a tube…
2023/08/14 15:40:09
MyWar
More rain today too. I’m supposed to be heading up to my buddies cabin at tidioute this weekend. Wonder if the river will be in decent shape by then.
2023/08/14 15:59:58
Porktown
Hopefully today is the only real drencher.  But that is probably wishful thinking.  Never really seem to know which way these storms will track until the day of too.  Most of the heavy downpours seem to be smaller cells and can flood an area, but 20 miles away is sprinkles.  I was hoping to get out next weekend to make up for missing, but have some other obligations having most of my weekend tied up.  Work is getting too busy to take a weekday day off.  If the Yough is in decent shape, I might be able to carve out a couple hour wade.  Doesn't look like I'll be getting any full day dedicated fishing trips in until October though.  At least the last three times out, I hammered some fish.  So, I guess not as bad as riding a skunking and the need to wash it off!

I take it that you saw your screen namesake show coming up.
2023/08/14 18:51:13
crappiefisher
Was very bad around 6:20 pm, Saturday on rt 80 coming back from my sisters place in Cooks Forest. Got off Knock / Emlenton exit to wait it out, almost zero visibility.

Guy sent me some photos a little bit ago from my place near The Linesville Marina. Lady next door said our powerlines were down, 70 mph winds and Ping-Pong sized hail. A lot of damage in the area.

Another branch bites the dust. More firewood for me and less leaves to rake. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account