2023/08/06 18:24:23
Porktown
Dang! Good stuff.
2023/08/07 10:10:00
pensfan1
Nice pics. đź‘Ť
2023/08/08 17:06:19
FishinGuy
Got a mess of keeper Lane snapper, ending up 22 miles off shore the day after I caught the snook. Didn't get the big bite we were hoping for, though. Waves were 1ft or less. Made for a nice ride, going that far.
2023/08/08 17:17:09
Porktown
I'm a fan of the pink snapper myself.  
2023/08/09 08:40:37
eyesandgillz
FishinGuy
Got a mess of keeper Lane snapper, ending up 22 miles off shore the day after I caught the snook. Didn't get the big bite we were hoping for, though. Waves were 1ft or less. Made for a nice ride, going that far.

Where you at again?  No grouper?  
Nice catches above...still never caught a snook or tarpon myself, but never really targeted them when I lived in TX and had to go WAY south  to have a decent chance at them (the snook).  
2023/08/09 12:59:03
Porktown
Might not have to go as far south as you used to.

https://www.saltwaterspor...nook-expand-northward/

Those warmer water fish are moving north. 30 years ago going to the OBX, I had never seen or heard of anyone catching Spanish mackerel or pompano. Now two of the more common species. I see reports in NJ now of a few being caught every so often as well. Tarpon are being caught in Maryland…

Pretty cool being able to catch those fish more north, but also rather concerning that those warmer waters are hitting the polar ice, melting and raising the water levels. Taking away the barrier islands with them. Not sure if the OBX will be there for the next generations.
2023/08/09 13:47:43
psu_fish
Hell, Miami was supposed to underwater already, yet all these celebs and climate alarmist keep buying oceanfront property in Southeast FL
2023/08/09 15:31:08
FishinGuy
SW Florida. Went offshore out of stump pass. Caught several short red grouper, but nothing took the big bait at the spots we tried. Grouper are out of season, so we weren't targeting them very hard, as 65-70 FOW is questionable for releasing them safely. I saw either a big cobia or small shark about 4-5' long swim by the back of the boat, but it wasn't interested in the lure we had ready for it. The area is still pretty ravaged by the previous hurricane. Lots of houses and businesses still with tarps on their roofs. Chain link fences with top rails bent in zig zags. My parents had a lot of their bigger trees damaged or blown over, now their understory tropical plants are suffering with the extra direct sun.
2023/08/09 16:38:11
Porktown
FishinGuy
The area is still pretty ravaged by the previous hurricane. Lots of houses and businesses still with tarps on their roofs. Chain link fences with top rails bent in zig zags. My parents had a lot of their bigger trees damaged or blown over, now their understory tropical plants are suffering with the extra direct sun.

Don't worry.  PSU says it is all BS.  They'll all be good.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account