2023/07/17 12:24:25
Porktown
That area is or at least was, one of the fastest growing areas in the country for the past 20 years. I could see it being crowded. Add in those visiting.
2023/07/22 11:22:33
CTKsnowman
Fished Tarentum this morning, the action was pretty dismal to be honest.  I caught one walleye that was the length of a dollar bill and three smallmouth. Needless to say I think I'm done fishing the river until the fall.   
2023/07/24 00:45:15
MyWar
Well I threw a prop guard and a skeg guard on the 9.9 and took the boat up to fisherman’s cove today. I also made a tiller extension out of some PVC tubing so I could stand up front and look for rocks and shallow water. It looked ridiculous but it worked.

Got about 2 miles up the river and fished around the islands. I mostly just beached the boat and waded.

Got one 18” and a bunch of smaller ones. Had another bruiser come off about 10 feet away from where I was wading.

Decent day overall. Although I might not hit that stretch on a Sunday again. Little too much boat traffic for my taste. But it’s good to know I can get through that skinny water if I try. I’m pretty sure I saw a couple other guys in prop boats too.
2023/07/29 17:52:48
pensfan1
They should probably designate Lake Erie as a walleye factory. jus say'IN. When they gonna raise the limit to 10? jus ask'IN.
2023/07/30 20:40:44
MyWar
Kayaked the Allegheny from tidioute to hickory on Saturday with some friends that don’t fish. The water was pretty muddy from the rain. Mostly just floated and drank beer but I had a big paddletail with an underspin tied on that I was throwing from time to time. Ended up landing two decent bass and I hooked into a big one right under the bridge at hickory when we were taking out. Spit the hook before I could land him. I was bummed. It definitely would have impressed my buds that I was kayaking with.

We went out again Sunday and the water had cleared up a decent amount. Visibility was maybe 1’ the day before, but probably closer to 3’ or so Sunday. Put maybe 10 in the boat but nothing very big. All on black and blue big TRDs.

Good weekend on the water.
2023/07/30 21:19:53
Porktown
I floated the Yough, Dawson/Layton. Landed over 30. Most 10”—12”. 2 at 18” and 4 in the 15” range. My buddy did similar. Mine all on neds until I ran out of the jerk baits (only packed 2), switched to Zoom flukes and seemed to do about as well. Had two break me off. They were heavy, but no crazy runs. Set the hook a few shakes then gone. Had about the same hits as landed. Fun float for sure. Didn’t get a sniff on senkos, but didn’t use too long.
2023/08/01 23:20:41
Porktown
One of the better three day stretches of fishing for me in a while. After my float trip, I had to pack my work travel bags for a trip to, NJ. Was able to get out yesterday for about 2 hours. In that time, lost count of how many bluefish I either caught, got off at my feet or had on for for a few cranks. It was every cast for a while, with many getting off and instantly another on. Today, it started a little later. Second client today decided to throw a few extra things at me than expected. Nice getting extra work, but not when it cuts into my fishing time!!! Seemed that the bite was delayed today anyway, not much when I got my line wet at 6PM. Turned on like crazy the last half hour of light and left while it was every cast. High tide was well above the tide line today with the super moon and still pushing in at dusk, so made packing up at dark an easier decision. That and pretty much knowing “one more cast” was likely hooking a 12”-15” bluefish. Was a very welcome trip. Surf fishing is what “vacation” is to me. When we do something else, it just doesn’t feel like vacation to me. Not that a few hours is the same, but almost.
2023/08/02 01:18:38
DeadGator401
Porktown
One of the better three day stretches of fishing for me in a while. After my float trip, I had to pack my work travel bags for a trip to, NJ. Was able to get out yesterday for about 2 hours. In that time, lost count of how many bluefish I either caught, got off at my feet or had on for for a few cranks. It was every cast for a while, with many getting off and instantly another on. Today, it started a little later. Second client today decided to throw a few extra things at me than expected. Nice getting extra work, but not when it cuts into my fishing time!!! Seemed that the bite was delayed today anyway, not much when I got my line wet at 6PM. Turned on like crazy the last half hour of light and left while it was every cast. High tide was well above the tide line today with the super moon and still pushing in at dusk, so made packing up at dark an easier decision. That and pretty much knowing “one more cast” was likely hooking a 12”-15” bluefish. Was a very welcome trip. Surf fishing is what “vacation” is to me. When we do something else, it just doesn’t feel like vacation to me. Not that a few hours is the same, but almost.

On Wat duud? What r Tey bitin?
2023/08/02 19:36:00
Porktown
Got them all on my own casting metal. Sort of my own. Bought the poured lead blanks from eBay and added the foil, air brushed and epoxied. Pink and silver. Crazy what they were coughing up. Some sand eels, large and small chunks of glass minnows and one of the bigger ones coughed up a 2”x2” chunk of fish.
2023/08/06 13:37:27
FishinGuy
Nice snook on cut lady fish, and a baby tarpon and a black hogy.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account