2024/02/17 12:01:48
hot tuna
So to visit again I'm happy to hear your garlic is doing well.
With the extremely mild winter, my garlic never lost their initial sprout and has continued to send energy to the bulb. I expect a fantastic harvest this season.
As coyote also said, my lettuce and spinach produced right through December .

Today was a break from the 9 weeks I've been traveling north to walk on hardwater.
Organized my seed starting program and planted 3 varieties of peppers.
In about 2 weeks I'll start the bulk of vegetables.
We placed our order for meat chicks to arrive on may 6th and filled out the cut sheet for our cow, which is hanging and will be processed by the cobleskill suny agricultural college students.

Soon the weather will warm to get more outdoors projects started and the mighty muddy will be full of ocean run striped bass and mght need someone to clean the pool.
Monday I'm heading back north for possibly the last trip on hardwater.
It's been a challenging ice season but always rewarding to have fresh fish for the table.
Peace and tuna
2024/03/16 14:06:52
pensfan1
Did 2 flats of tomatoe seeds today. Mostly saucers with about 3 dozen slicers mixed in. I won't start any vine stuff until later. Last year I started them the same time and they all croaked before it was time to get them in. Good luck Gents. It's time to grow again. πŸ™
2024/04/16 20:14:39
pensfan1
I got everything in peat pots. 30 sum Romas and atleast that many German Plums. Friend of mine gave me a bunch of seeds, different varieties, that I have about 2 dozen each. An Amish Paste, Mortage Lifter, Opalka and another kind of heirloom slicer. I also gave some seeds to the local greenhouse and she's starting me a whole flat of those German Plums. Needless to say, looks like I'll be expanding again this year. I finally got the raised bed prepped. I'm going to try and get my lettuce and herbs in this weekend. Garlic looks great, also. Maybe this weather will finally give us a break so we can actually get some work done. Here's to another great growing yearπŸ€žπŸ‘πŸ‘

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account