2018/03/04 20:02:45
hot tuna
Figured I'd start 1. Please share.
Started my plants on an exercise program..
Oscillating fan on a. Timer to strengthen them.
Any tips or suggestions welcomed .
I'm looking to purchase berries soon. Your favorite strawberry that produce well ?
I did a 3 tier circular patch using landscape edging before that worked well .

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
2018/03/04 21:08:15
Clint S
Although I always start seeds at home it seems I always have better luck and the most production from seeds I start in the ground. Will be a regular poster here
2018/03/04 21:38:44
BeenThereDoneThat.
How the heck can a guy get rid of that stupid Tomato Blight?    If the early blight doesn't get me with stunted or nasty tasting fruit, the late blight wipes me out.    I got hit hard with the late blight when it was flying around the area and I understand the blight survives in the soil but I used gardening soil, from a supplier and grew plants in pots (that did well til the fruits tried ripening) last year and still got whacked. 
2018/03/04 22:03:31
hot tuna
I had a problem 2 years ago. Nothing last year . Calcium helped well. Maybe last season was just a different strain of tomatoes for me.
2018/03/05 17:08:32
hot tuna
crappiefisher
https://www.burpee.com/fruit/strawberry-plants/

Is there a strain you'd recommend ? I can't remember what I had years ago but think they were a June bearer. I see all the stores in town have bunches of annuals and fruits already.

I do raised beds due to heavy clay soil here.
It works well and I been getting crates from work that are discarded.
The 1 today is huge and I can cut in half to make 2 beds. The other crate I'm thinking of all peppers.

There are just add-ons to the beds I already have been using for years.

Attachment(s)

2018/03/05 17:30:53
hot tuna
Question: Chickens:
I haven't had chickens in 40 years. We had a barn then.
My son is looking and building a chicken group for eggs. Tips to help are welcome.
We built a pen from pallets and the coup is going on top in the framed box.
Honestly, I want nothing to do with chickens but any suggestions folks can pass along will cut down on the mistakes.
Thanks

Attachment(s)

2018/03/05 19:03:51
crappiefisher
 https://www.burpee.com/fruit/strawberry-plants/strawberry-evie-2-ppaf-prod001563.html

My son wants chickens also. I'm trying to talk him out ov it still.
2018/03/05 20:15:12
Clint S
I figure I would be far ahead $$ wise not having chickens. Especially in the winter when you can't let them out. There is not enough meat on good egg layers. They are excellent pest control though.
2018/03/05 20:23:08
hot tuna
👍 thanks. It says 24 plants. I know they spread. My Thoughts are towards a 10' diameter circle with 2 smaller progressive ones on top . Recomendations to quantity of plants and or mixing varites ?
I did something like that before and it worked well . It got out of control but I don't remember mixing or if I did a double batch = 48 plants. Birds and slugs were my enemy's

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account