2018/01/04 21:47:06
Meatball
Good point, soon as you "touch" those blades on anything other than ice they wont cut ice easy anymore. They are razor sharp for a reason. I once drove to new york to steelhead fish with ice gear in the back just in case,,,the auger rolled around, the blade cover fell off and cut my 75$ net to shreds..kudos to my buddy pudgy for tying the net back up with braided line to land a few...those blades need to be untouched razor sharp 
2018/01/04 22:13:10
BeenThereDoneThat.
Absolutely razor sharp and expensive to replace as is sliced boots, gloves, insulated pants, coats, fingers, etc.  Oh yeah... fishing nets, man that had to suck.

As you know, Ice augers don't cut holes through the ice but 'shave' holes through the ice which let's a guy make all the free ice cones, ya can eat.  Just add your favorite syrup but I wouldn't recommend Maple, unless your havin pancakes.  
2018/01/05 08:43:08
Big Tuna
There a lot of shaky ice,just frozen snow and slush. MB is good from what they say....There's 2 foot of snow in places on the ice. If you don't have a shanty or a heater,don't go. The wind is the worst thing,it's brutal.
2018/01/05 12:16:19
rmcmillen09
Yeah your face gets this temporary grimace like the Jokers 
2018/01/20 07:17:37
Big Tuna
If your going to the bay you better go soon,like today or tomorrow. Misery bay has 10-12" of ice. Not the kind on ice I like but very fishable. It all milky ice,no clear. A lot of frozen snow mixed in the ice. Fishing was very good to great. Fished Thursday and Friday. Caught big gills and pumpkin seeds in huge numbers,a fair share of decent perch 10"-14" and some nice 11" crappie. I don't know to many places the the gills are that big 8'-9" plus. The bonus fish was the LM bass. My son and I caught around 25 in two days,a lot where over 4lbs most where 2-3 pounds.  Had a big pike break my son off. Love that friggin place. Just can't get my wife to make the retirement move. I want to go north she wants to go south.
2018/01/20 19:34:59
Meatball
Big Tuna
If your going to the bay you better go soon,like today or tomorrow. Misery bay has 10-12" of ice. Not the kind on ice I like but very fishable. It all milky ice,no clear. A lot of frozen snow mixed in the ice. Fishing was very good to great. Fished Thursday and Friday. Caught big gills and pumpkin seeds in huge numbers,a fair share of decent perch 10"-14" and some nice 11" crappie. I don't know to many places the the gills are that big 8'-9" plus. The bonus fish was the LM bass. My son and I caught around 25 in two days,a lot where over 4lbs most where 2-3 pounds.  Had a big pike break my son off. Love that friggin place. Just can't get my wife to make the retirement move. I want to go north she wants to go south.

"she wants to go south I wanna go north", sounds familier
2018/01/21 09:46:27
workcanwait....
I did get out on bay Friday and Saturday.
We did not catch alot but got enough perch for a meal.
I enjoyed it sumtin different and will try again if I get a chance.
Yesterday it was a circus out there peoples everywhere.
My FIL stopped by to see the show I texted him and told him we were in THE RED HUT...after he disturbered a few others in red huts he finally called me and found us.WCW
2018/01/21 20:00:29
Meatball
Good to hear wcw, i bet it was a zoo
2018/01/21 21:38:06
workcanwait....
SATURDAY was better people watching than fishing...SILLY HUMANS

https://forums.fishusa.co...aspx?m=596893&p=2#

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account