2012/12/28 20:06:17
Clint S
2 to 5 tomorrow.  Will be driving up to Pulaski tomorrow to take the dog to the vet to get his stitches out.   We may drive by a few places and take a walk.
2012/12/29 09:35:23
Clint S
Snowing a little this  AM, but the roads are REAL slick.  Did not go anywhere  but town as I want to be able to get my stuff done to watch SU play in the Pinstripe bowl.
2012/12/29 12:16:43
Lucky13
Rochester got 11-12" fairly wet and heavy on Wednesday - Thursday, and it has been snowing steadily since 7 AM with about 3" down now.  That ended my tentative plan to go to Pulaski today, I don't need a 6 hour drive home. 

L13
2012/12/29 14:15:01
twobob
I used my snoblower on mine and 3 neighbors driveways Thurs.
Definately a foot of general coverage with drifts 2 1/2 foot of wet heartattack snow.
We have a Bday party to attend tonite so I did mine at about noon and there is a solid inch on it already.
Tiny flakes that don't look like much but add up quick.

PS I hate the sidewalk plow that will come thru around 1 a m and push a 5-6 foot berm on either side to go along with the bigger one the road plow makes (if they decide to plow side streets).
2013/01/01 16:44:52
Clint S
A few more inches last night nothing big.   From what I saw Oneida lake was pretty well skimmed  over crossing 81 except where the river comes into the lake.    To the east a bit it is still open
2013/01/02 19:07:30
Clint S
A few inches last night ,  nothing big.   Went from 18 degrees to 10 degrees in the last 45 minutes.   Will be below 0 tonight for sure.   Here is the kicker going to be 44 next Wednesday.
Am hoping for some safe ice in close up north this saturday.

Now I see the river is up to 750 until Sunday.   I wonder if they are  looking forward to the warm weather next week melting some snow.
2013/01/02 21:08:38
fichy
Well I mentioned I was hoping for a big water event.....  
Good luck on the hard stuff, Clint.  My area just started to be safe- 5 to 10 below tonight.
2013/01/03 07:06:54
Clint S
-12 in Sandycreek  and - 8 here.   Freaking cold.   Keep warm today.
2013/01/03 20:43:30
retired guy
WOW- both DSR and Whitakers reporting anglers having NO success today. Dont think I ever saw that kind of very negative reporting before.
   Honest accurate and just the kind of thing that gives me a great appreciation for how things have changed for the good of anglers over the years. 
   NOT SAYING those places were ever dishonest but an observation of how things are now compared to the 'old days' where HOT reports were so commonplace by some shops when the fishing was COLD.
  Those kind of reports will NOT keep fishermen from fishing- just will give realistic expectations. After all for most of us it isnt the numbers but the experience that keeps us coming back.
  Fact it =its a slow Steel season and its a slushy time up there--Next week should be better though--
 Might get up myself if I can get plowed out-fish ?? -who cares --would be nice but it aint the whole point- lol. 
           Kudos to  DSR and Whitakers.

2013/01/04 18:55:58
Clint S
Supposed to get a small blast tonight.  Will spend tomorrow or Sunday pushing back the banks with the tractor.  Warmed up to around freezing today.

Well even with the colder weather I am getting VERY conflicting reports on ice conditions and even though I hear Sandy pond has people on it.  I am l leery about going out.  Might be time for a little run up to the river.....

WHOA they shut the water off early.  down to 285 tonight!!    Decision may have gotten easier.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account