Bay Steelhead

Author
Redman9603$
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 9
  • Reward points: 0
2024/10/16 14:50:15 (permalink)

Bay Steelhead

Has anyone had much luck fishing for steelhead in Presque Isle Bay? If so what areas are worthwhile?

2 Replies Related Threads

snagr
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 529
    Re: Bay Steelhead 2024/10/16 22:28:15 (permalink)
    It's been many years since I've fished for them in and around the bay - all from shore or wading. If you're asking for info on trolling/fishing from a boat, I got nothing for ya.   

Never did great, but in the days before USGS gauges and weather at your fingertips, when I'd guess wrong, sometimes I'd head there to try to salvage what would have been an otherwise wasted 2 hour drive.  Between Perry Monument and Marina Lake, the entrance to Marina Lake, and the South Pier were places I caught a few.  Right outside the bay at the East Avenue boat launch was an OK place as well.  Seeing reports in other places, seems that they get quite a few on the city side on the docks/piers where they fish for perch in the fall and winter.  
    Moses Guthrie
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 222
    Re: Bay Steelhead 2024/10/20 05:57:29 (permalink)
    Trolling pretty much anywhere in the bay can be productive at certain times using spoons and shallow diving plugs. I believe the state is dumping all the trout run fish now in the bay as well from the presque isle side but not sure where.
    Jump to: