Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..4647484950 > Showing page 48 of 50
Author
Mitchell
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 117
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/17 09:28:11 (permalink)
Porktown, since we found out during Covid that the majority of all US drugs, (both prescription and over the counter), are made in China, do you think McCormick's Fund invested only because of seein' an increase of illegal fentanyl use, (illicit from across our wide open border), or possibly because Humanwell Healthcare is a major pharmaceutical corporation and part of world trade? Legally, fentanyl is used in cancer drugs. I think we might have a few folks here in the US that suffer from cancer, and it's the job of the investor to make money. So you wouldn't hold an individual investor or even a mutual fund in contempt for their investment, but because McCormick was the CEO you do 'cause you believe he should have known where every dollars was going and what it was going into? My God! If only we could convince our politicians of the investments they make around the world.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9815
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/17 12:28:14 (permalink)
I’m not saying he did it “because” they controlled 90% of fentanyl. I don’t think he is satan. I do believe he 100% knew they controlled it and looked the other way for profit. Again, a fund manager/CEO of largest hedge fund in the country knows everything of the companies they invest in. They aren’t mechanics, truck drivers, engineers, teachers, etc that put money in mutual funds and hope to get close to S&P average returns with their retirement, kids school or other basically savings. Dude controlled $Bs of rich folks money and invested to make them more money. He had the choice of thousands of companies to invest in, that have zero ties to fentanyl. For someone that tries to make himself “tough on fentanyl”, how does that even make sense? Either really, really dumb or just didn’t care. I don’t think he is dumb at all.

BTW, I have said many times on these boards for at least 4 election cycles. Every politician should have to put ALL of their wealth, whether businesses or investments into a standard index fund or mutual fund that any American has access to invest in as well. There was a report a few months ago showing the S&P average compared to the average American compared to the available records of Congress investments (not including businesses or book/speaking deals). Average S&P is something like 12%, average American is like 9% and average Congressman was something like 17%. I’ll try to find it. Those numbers might be off, but off of memory only, the disparity was ridiculous. That and countless times that Congressmen/families have sold a month before companies crash and months before they take off, tied directly to legislation. It is rather sickening. As noted, that pig Pelosi is one of the worst at it.
post edited by Porktown - 2024/08/17 12:34:52
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3118
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/19 12:29:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bingsbaits 2024/08/22 11:23:35
Walz is promising a tampon dispenser in every boys room
Mitchell
Avid Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/19 12:52:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby r3g3 2024/08/19 17:05:48
r3g3

Will they be for everyone's use or just for the transgender women who want to play men's sports? .........Oh, wait!

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2026
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/19 17:27:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby crappiefisher 2024/08/19 18:30:33
Haven’t you heard? TAMPON TIM is here to stop the RED WAVE.

You guys really walked into that one. You’re gonna need some new material now.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3468
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/19 19:41:54 (permalink)
r3g3

That was back checked as fake news first time Trumpy said it. He said it at his rally again in Pa over the weekend.You should know by now how his brain works. He was at it again this morning posting after 2:00 am. Post after post, on & on until 6:00 am.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/...ols-tampons/index.html

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/19 20:07:12 (permalink)
George Santos invented the tampon…. I mean, he is a tampon. Republicans have to be thinking that he lied about being a Republican to go along with his other fake stories. The GLBTQ+ are likely challenging that he really is one of them too. What an embarrassment that guy is. I guess there are worse candidates than Trump, Biden and Hillary.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 966
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/19 21:17:02 (permalink)
Pretty indicative of how desperate Trumps campaign is - the tampon thing.
Fox News and Trump mention it, you guys regurgitate it. Seriously, even yinz can see it right? 

What from the DNC this week do you think they'll tell you to be mad about?
My guess is going to be Kids from somewhere who didn't show respect in some way OR Anger at people repeating things Trump said word for word.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/19 22:38:26 (permalink)
Let’s talk about this.

https://www.facebook.com/...VBQqc/?mibextid=WC7FNe

I don’t know if that link will work, but I’m sure some of you know about this by now. And I’m pretty sure some of you fish this water. I do. I know this stretch of the Allegheny pretty well.

There is a crude oil leak just above fisherman’s cove on the Allegheny. I haven’t seen many details yet as to his bad it is, how difficult the clean up will be, or what the long term impact will be. But I think we all know this is very much not fukkin good.

So I have some questions for you.

Why are sportsmen not stronger advocates for conservation and environmental protection? Does this not hit close to home for you?

Do you think Donald Trump gives two shiits about the Allegheny river? Or any river? Do you think an actual avid outdoorsman like Tim walz does?

I honestly do not understand how issues like clean waterways and the protection and restoration of natural resources are not more important to people like us. I don’t understand why some of the sportsmen on this board side with the fossil fuel industry instead of the people who are trying to hold them accountable.

So make me understand. Convince me why I shouldn’t be outraged because the parties that are responsible for dumping oil into our river never be held accountable. Convince me that the real villain is not the fossil fuel industry. Convince me that more oil won’t just lead to more oil spills in waterways that we care about.

Sell me on the modern Republican solution to this problem. Pretend I’m an independent undecided voter and convince me.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 00:26:09 (permalink)
HoEp thez heElpz...

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/30/1146355861/epa-water-protections-wetlands-rule

post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/08/20 00:32:07
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 966
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 01:04:54 (permalink)
Won't happen MyWar. 
You're not gonna get what you're looking for.

The reality is, people are dug into their trenches. Hell, I'd imagine some of the things us on the "Left" say, help some on the right dig in deeper, and vice versa. 

Let's all just agree the Manchester Hole sucks. 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 01:45:56 (permalink)

Hated spills on the Allegheny in the 60's -- 70's. Some were accidents while others on purpose, (pay the fine if caught for companies) Would wipe out certain populations like Walleye, Shiners and so on on that side of the river. Once the Shiners were wiped out the LM would follow. One time I was down there and the shoreline was covered with all Walleyes, many 28"++ from the Hulton Bridge 3/4 the way up to the lock/dam.  Other times it would be Carp / Bass. The SM came on strong but the LM never rebounded anywhere close as it was. Guess it didn't kill the Crayfish.

When I worked building/property management in the 80's for steel mills, industrial parks in Etna and 2 in Lawrenceville (same owner) we would put dye down some drains and then check to see if could locate any color seeping along Pine Creek shoreline in Etna and same on Lawrenceville side of the river.

Was in charge of summer help one year and checked on the progress of cleanup down from our Mariana rental. Found a large crude oil tank with the drain wide open and closed it. Climbed down over the hill to the river and could see oil as far as the eye could see.  Only had a beeper then, cell phones weren't on the market like today. Called 911 from my brother's car lot / body shop on Butler St. What a mess.  We had evicted a tow / junkyard business a few days prior down the tracks a little. Pretty sure his juvenile kid opened the drain, broken glass / bottles across the road leading back along the tracks. I helped what I could with that cleanup.        
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 08:41:10 (permalink)
crappiefisher
HoEp thez heElpz...

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/30/1146355861/epa-water-protections-wetlands-rule

I don’t the think the Allegheny river would fall under this rule. This fight was about extending protections to very small streams and other bodies of water iirc.

The Allegheny should already have some degree of legal protection under EPA rules. But I don’t know how that actually plays out in this case yet.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4026
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 10:32:42 (permalink)
MyWar
Let’s talk about this.

https://www.facebook.com/...VBQqc/?mibextid=WC7FNe

I don’t know if that link will work, but I’m sure some of you know about this by now. And I’m pretty sure some of you fish this water. I do. I know this stretch of the Allegheny pretty well.

There is a crude oil leak just above fisherman’s cove on the Allegheny. I haven’t seen many details yet as to his bad it is, how difficult the clean up will be, or what the long term impact will be. But I think we all know this is very much not fukkin good.

So I have some questions for you.

Why are sportsmen not stronger advocates for conservation and environmental protection? Does this not hit close to home for you?

Do you think Donald Trump gives two shiits about the Allegheny river? Or any river? Do you think an actual avid outdoorsman like Tim walz does?

I honestly do not understand how issues like clean waterways and the protection and restoration of natural resources are not more important to people like us. I don’t understand why some of the sportsmen on this board side with the fossil fuel industry instead of the people who are trying to hold them accountable.

So make me understand. Convince me why I shouldn’t be outraged because the parties that are responsible for dumping oil into our river never be held accountable. Convince me that the real villain is not the fossil fuel industry. Convince me that more oil won’t just lead to more oil spills in waterways that we care about.

Sell me on the modern Republican solution to this problem. Pretend I’m an independent undecided voter and convince me.

Don't have time to fact check this but, you asked for something:

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210114-Final-Accomplishments-Document.pdf

Mitchell
Avid Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 12:11:43 (permalink)
crappiefisher
HoEp thez heElpz...

WTF!!!! Why do we have to do text speak here on a written forum? I'll admit it, I'm almost 74 and a bit cyber-stupid, but apparently nobody I know speaks like this so you use it 'cause everybody you know does??

post edited by Mitchell - 2024/08/20 12:36:43

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 12:14:45 (permalink)
It’s a Young Guru reference.

Hope this helpa!
Mitchell
Avid Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 12:35:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby r3g3 2024/08/20 14:42:11
eyesandgillz

Don't have time to fact check this but, you asked for something:

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/210114-Final-Accomplishments-Document.pdf

Won't work, eyes. Even though it's right there in black and white, they're not gonna believe it. It was under the Trump Administration so it must be a lie.

Maybe they don't even know that Don Jr. and Eric Trump are both avid sportsmen and big supporters of conservation. They even want environmental restrictions on an oil boom in ANWAR should daddy get re-elected and re-opens up ANWAR that Biden put off limits.

For the past 25 years the 'Crats have been sayin' all the Republicans want is dirty air, dirty water, pump oil from every corner, private healthcare only and throw grandma off the cliff. It really gets old but they own (are) the media), so all we ever get is their version and I doubt it'll ever change. If it does, it'll be for the worst.

post edited by Mitchell - 2024/08/20 12:39:38

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 13:01:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby fishin coyote 2024/08/20 13:25:58
MyWar

Dems have many more environmental protection policies, but also have a ton of overreach policies and many that are clear double standards. Like most issues, there is a MUCH better approach that neither party seems to focus on.

I follow a few saltwater fishing reports forums like this one.  In my dream world, I am retired and fishing the ocean every day in my $500k offshore boat and even slum it up surf fishing like my boring real life does for vacation...  If my dream world was my real world, I would look the other way of Trump being a complete clown and vote Republican at every level.  The hot topics that reach those forums are almost all Dem overreach, pandering to the far left wacko environazis.  Just like this forum, I look at the issues, try to do a reasonable amount of research and form my opinion of where the truth lies.  It is almost always the far left environazis that hide under the "environmental protection" BS.  Beach closures so migrating birds don't get upset and chirp at you...  Even to people on foot, staying clearly away from their nests.  Having ridiculously speed restrictions in the open ocean due to migrating wales (who have something like .0001% incident report of anything smaller than a cargo ship hitting them).  Flounder and other fish harvest restrictions for recreational fishermen, but completely fine for commercial fishermen.  Not allowing bridges or roads due to some sort of endangered insect or bird migration found in the area.  But look the other way when it comes to wind farms, solar farms or other clean energy projects.  I am just fine with those projects and I don't buy into the BS that they are killing wales or use more energy than they produce wacko right wing crap.  But the idea that these environazis will get in the way of any project and ends up making it cost 2-3 times the initial budget, but then have no issues with clean energy or other self serving projects, is a clear double standard.  And are 99.9999999% Democrat supported.  So, yes, I can see why many sportsmen wouldn't approve of the Democratic party.

I know many Republicans that recycle, reuse, reduce and wouldn't think to dump chemicals (legally or not), support C&R and only keep what they plan to consume.  Many that look for more efficient motors or other (often more to due with lower cost of ownership). Many that do admit that climate change is partially to do with humans and we probably should do something about it.  But the Dem party is lying about being the answer.  Sure, some of their policies are good, but some are complete attack on sportsmen.  Their constant support of environazis that have seemed to wage war on sportsmen for years isn't going to have many blindly switch to the Dem party for pretty good reason.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 13:07:06 (permalink)
Mitchell
pump oil from every corner

GOP supporters with "drill baby drill" chants have nothing to do with this thought?  It is the media making it up?  

Are Dems for or against throwing grandma from the cliff?  Is grandma still fully functioning or dementia like Joe/Trump and is reduced to just blabbering nonsense?
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 13:10:37 (permalink)
I’m pretty sure trumps kids do the exotic “big game” guided touristy stuff. I don’t hunt, but even I know that shiit is not real hunting. Are they real sportsmen beyond posing with a dead wooly mammoth or whatever?

Trump tried to open up ANWR to drilling, which is also supported by basically every elected republican in this country. Biden and Obama tried to block it. Those are facts. What Trump might do if re-elected because of what his kids might want is speculation.

Did anybody bother to read any of that stuff in that “Final Accomplishments” doc? Most of that stuff has little or nothing to do with actual environmental regs, and the stuff that does, is actually de-regulation.

For example it references EO 13778 and the Navigable Waters legislation. Thats the same regs referenced in the link that crappie posted, which actually ROLLED BACK environmental protections.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 523
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 13:52:39 (permalink)
From reading some of the comments on pages that shared this info on their own pages about this oil spill . . .

1.  It looks like this may be from an oil well that dates back over 100 years
2.  Concerns were reported to appropriate agencies several weeks ago before it got this bad.  And the agencies responsible for monitoring and mitigation did nothing.  

What regulations that we don't already have on the books would have prevented something like this from happening?  The real kicker would be that if this source happened to be on state or federal land, which is certainly a possibility in that area.  

PA has had a Dem governor now for 10 years.  Do Wolf and Shapiro not care about the Allegheny?  Have Biden and Harris not cared enough about the Allegheny in their 3 years in office?  Why haven't they done something to prevent this old oil well from seeping and spilling into the Allegheny?

snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 13:55:42 (permalink)
DeadGator401

What from the DNC this week do you think they'll tell you to be mad about?

Is Andy Beshear's insinuation that he hopes JD Vance's wife or daughter gets violated legit or nah?  
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3118
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 14:39:23 (permalink)
In the last 16 years we had 8 of Obama /Biden --4 of Trump/pence and 4 of Biden/harris
Why is it some here are bad Trumping about the River--seems if presidential blame is due -if it even is-Trump would be the minimum blame  yet there is little to nothing said about the other 12 yrs where Bidens name was on all 12.
TDS
post edited by r3g3 - 2024/08/20 14:41:19
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 14:55:56 (permalink)
snagr
From reading some of the comments on pages that shared this info on their own pages about this oil spill . . .

1.  It looks like this may be from an oil well that dates back over 100 years
2.  Concerns were reported to appropriate agencies several weeks ago before it got this bad.  And the agencies responsible for monitoring and mitigation did nothing.  

What regulations that we don't already have on the books would have prevented something like this from happening?  The real kicker would be that if this source happened to be on state or federal land, which is certainly a possibility in that area.  

Im not sure what you are getting at here. Because if you mean to say that the existing regs are not adequate protection, and we need more, then yes, I agree. And if you are saying we need better enforcement of existing rules, then yes I agree with that too. 

If this is from a well that is 100+ years old, is there is no lesson to learn from an era when there was essentially no environmental regulation? When you have basically every elected republican lawmaker in the country preaching the gospel of "de-regulation" because regs get in the way of making money, maybe the numerous dead, orange rivers and creeks in PA should serve as a reminder of what happens when money is prioritized over natural resources. 

And if we are still seeing pollution of major waterways like the Allegheny river, even now in an era where we place a much higher value on environmental protections, maybe we need MORE environmental regulation rather than de-regulation.

snagr
PA has had a Dem governor now for 10 years.  Do Wolf and Shapiro not care about the Allegheny?  Have Biden and Harris not cared enough about the Allegheny in their 3 years in office?  Why haven't they done something to prevent this old oil well from seeping and spilling into the Allegheny?

Wolf and Shapiro do not govern unilaterally. The state legislature has mostly been controlled by republicans, with the exception of the house which had a narrow D majority for I believe only the last two years. Do you want me to dig up some examples of environmental protections that have been pushed by PA democrats, but PA republicans have blocked in the state legislature? Because I will have no trouble finding a BUNCH of examples.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 15:34:53 (permalink)
Porktown
 The hot topics that reach those forums are almost all Dem overreach, pandering to the far left wacko environazis.  Just like this forum, I look at the issues, try to do a reasonable amount of research and form my opinion of where the truth lies.  It is almost always the far left environazis that hide under the "environmental protection" BS.  Beach closures so migrating birds don't get upset and chirp at you...  Even to people on foot, staying clearly away from their nests.  Having ridiculously speed restrictions in the open ocean due to migrating wales (who have something like .0001% incident report of anything smaller than a cargo ship hitting them).  Flounder and other fish harvest restrictions for recreational fishermen, but completely fine for commercial fishermen.  Not allowing bridges or roads due to some sort of endangered insect or bird migration found in the area.  But look the other way when it comes to wind farms, solar farms or other clean energy projects.  I am just fine with those projects and I don't buy into the BS that they are killing wales or use more energy than they produce wacko right wing crap.  But the idea that these environazis will get in the way of any project and ends up making it cost 2-3 times the initial budget, but then have no issues with clean energy or other self serving projects, is a clear double standard.  And are 99.9999999% Democrat supported.  So, yes, I can see why many sportsmen wouldn't approve of the Democratic party.

Basically you are just calling people names that value different things than you do. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 18:05:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby r3g3 2024/08/20 20:11:18
Your response sums up your initial question. Sportsmen value the environment and conservation, they don’t value the BS the far left pushes.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 19:06:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby r3g3 2024/08/20 20:11:36
MyWar Do you want me to dig up some examples of environmental protections that have been pushed by PA democrats, but PA republicans have blocked in the state legislature? Because I will have no trouble finding a BUNCH of examples.

Whatever blows your hair back bud.

Please also cite examples of sportsmen’s coalitions and organizations opposing these protections.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 21:01:09 (permalink)
Porktown
Your response sums up your initial question. Sportsmen value the environment and conservation, they don’t value the BS the far left pushes.

I don’t understand what this means.

Let me re-phrase my comment tho.

Would I be incorrect if I call snagr an enviro-nazi because he is trying to save some remote stream with a small population of native trout? Because I’m more of a smallmouth guy, I don’t care about trout.

Was it far left enviro-nazis that fought to ban DDT and restore habitat to save bald eagles and a bunch of other raptors from extinction? Or was it ok to save eagles because they’re our national bird, but if it was just some other less valuable raptor species like osprey then it would have been fine just let them go extinct?

Is my girlfriend an enviro-nazi because she places a high value on French Creek because it supports a uniquely biodiverse habitat for animals, wild flowers and birds (honestly she doesn't care that much about fishing), but I’m not because I value it more as a fishery?

Who gets to decide which species are important and which aren’t? Is it just totally arbitrary?
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 21:03:07 (permalink)
snagr

Please also cite examples of sportsmen’s coalitions and organizations opposing these protections.

How about every time they vote for a Republican?
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/20 21:41:50 (permalink)
  Thank goodness he didn't do the 90% cut for the Great Lakes like he promised. Come election time will do that to ya. Still cut pollution regs with coal. A little long read in this format.  https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/09/trump-casts-self-as-great-lakes-champion-but-his-policies-may-do-lasting-damage.html

Long term will need money and change.  

Page: << < ..4647484950 > Showing page 48 of 50
Jump to: