Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 43 of 51
Author
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 968
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/27 21:28:22 (permalink)
Vance is looking like an absolute nightmare pick. 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3469
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/28 13:43:30 (permalink)
200 million raised in less than a week. 
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/28 21:44:54 (permalink)
That's a lotta cash. 

Still waiting to see what the Harris attacks will be. Gonna assume it'll settle on inexperience or something along those lines + the border. 

Ya know the saying "they go low, and we go high"? Seen a ton of that in regards to Trumps campaigns, SCOTUS appointments, etc in the last X years or so, and how Dems "Go High". This whole Harris running thing is low low low. Interesting to see play out. 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/28 22:39:25 (permalink)
 I tuned in to one of his rallies yesterday. Would've watched for 20 minutes or so to hear what's up. He spoke for ten minutes about his golf game and how smart he is because he is great at golf. Last thing I wanted to hear about plans for the Country so went back to doing yardwork. 
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2027
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 00:15:44 (permalink)
DeadGator401
That's a lotta cash. 

Still waiting to see what the Harris attacks will be. Gonna assume it'll settle on inexperience or something along those lines + the border. 

Oh I think they’ve been zeroing in on some of the talking points already:

1) like you says they’re gonna call her the failed “border czar” because of the “invasion” blah blah blah. This is a perennial right wing talking point. No surprise there. I’m not sure if this resonates with anybody outside of the base tho, but you know it’s coming.

2) I’m seeing “California liberal” and “dangerously liberal” phrases. They are already playing ads with a bunch of stuff she said from the 2020 primary when she was trying to “out progressive” Bernie sanders or whatever. For example she said she would ban fracking, so I expect ads in PA to really hammer that point. Some of this stuff might stick with moderate voters, especially if they can fine tune the messaging to local issues (again, like fracking in PA).

3) there is the whole “she covered up Biden’s dementia” or whatever. I don’t think this will be effective at all and I expect them to drop this pretty soon.

I think the fact that she dances, or she laughs, or the whole coconut tree thing is kind of backfiring and it’s actually endearing her to people. I’m sure republicans eat this shiit up but moderates not so much.

It’s still a little early to read too much into polling, but polling so far is looking pretty good for Harris. I think it was the latest Times Siena poll that showed her approval rating up like 8 points and her disapproval down like 3 points, so like a 10 or 11 point swing in a week. That’s only one data point but it’s encouraging.

Trumps polling on the other hand is totally stagnant. He does not appear to be experiencing any kind of convention bounce, or a sympathy bounce from the assassination attempt. I think we are at the point where trumps support is at a ceiling and Harris’s is at her floor. And NOBODY likes JD Vance. That’s not good for trumps campaign.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9818
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 09:00:16 (permalink)
I wouldn’t say nobody likes Vance. His “Hillbilly Elegy” is one of the most streamed movies on Netflix. It shines a positive light on him as a human struggling with issues. He is a veteran with a Yale law degree. He was admitted through good grades at a state school, not legacy admitted. The vet portion is huge to many and honestly, I would support amending the Constitution to have this as a requirement to be Commander in Chief. The non-legacy Yale degree, I am sure resonates with many intellectuals that worked hard and earned high level degrees (suburban moderate) and not born into money and given Ivy League degrees like many politicians and other 1%ers. If it were Vance vs Biden, I’d have Vance signs in my front yard, regardless of the nonsense cat lady comments he made.

That said, some of his statements are clearly far right social conservative, borderline crazy person. Which is sort of excepted of the movement. Not sure if he even believes in that nonsense or just says it to rile up the base? Not likely playing well with the independent vote though?

To me, inflation is the issue that will decide things. Each side has about 38% of voters tied into their side, with about 25% remaining moderate independent. These are mostly higher educated suburbanites that will really look at each sides arguments and determine which is more factual. They aren’t going to be swayed by the simple party chants of complex issues. Those with the best logical fact driven argument will get more of that 25% slice of the pie. There are other issues like the border or abortion, but I don’t think there is anything that hits the suburban soccer mom type (or football dad, baseball uncle, etc) more than the cost of groceries and other daily costs that have changed the life they envisioned for their families. Is their pay rebounding to the new normal economy? Do they see things getting better or worse? I think most WILL/HAVE looked the other way on issues like border, abortion, access for all to health insurance, environment and other that may be “important” to them, to secure the way of living they feel they deserve.

With someone actually capable of making that debate on the Dems side along with “do you guys remember what happened 4 years ago when Trump lost” and able to add other issues like abortion, I see this as a landslide. But need to address inflation as top priority. If she is unable to make that debate and economist line up saying Dem policy was the driving factor of inflation, I don’t think any other issues will matter and will be an extremely close Trump win. I can’t see him ever getting enough independent support for a landslide victory. Even with the corpse still in, I’d bet popular vote would still go Biden.
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3122
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 09:19:08 (permalink)
Harris is now and always has been much further left than Biden==a clear choice to be made here,
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3141
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 09:34:19 (permalink)
LMAO...bunch of liberal self talk on here over the weekend. Do any of yinz go outside and touch grass? Must be a miserable life talking Trump and politics on weekends. 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 11:12:47 (permalink)
 Been retired for over 15 years so been on a long weekend since. Have three properties to take care of not counting one of my son's and my old man's. The three up near Pymy Lake and Fathers  are not small. Just wanted to see how he and Harris were doing on the campaign live speeches while on water break.

You are right though, can't watch either one of them speaking for more than a few minutes. Life is to short. 

Heading back out now to finish wackin' the yard at home and get some more exercise. This long weekend ain't made up as I thought.

post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/07/29 11:16:32
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 11:34:24 (permalink)
crappiefisher

Heading back out now to finish wackin' the yard at home and get some more exercise. This long weekend ain't made up as I thought.

You are retired. It should say fishin then wackin. And not the yard…
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 11:43:46 (permalink)
 Trump was pretty funny though!! Showing off his golf swing then crawling on the stage to show how to read a green putting or something of the sorts. Then saying how good of a athlete and smart he is. Just what I wanted to see or hear about. Good for him!

Gotta go! 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/29 11:45:48 (permalink)
 Don't worry 'bout me Pork 

psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 13:20:48 (permalink)
crappiefisher
 Trump was pretty funny though!! Showing off his golf swing then crawling on the stage to show how to read a green putting or something of the sorts. Then saying how good of a athlete and smart he is. Just what I wanted to see or hear about. Good for him!

Gotta go! 

Do detail what exactly Harris has done (minus Willie Brown) of note?
post edited by psu_fish - 2024/07/31 13:28:30
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 13:32:02 (permalink)
The box checking  and TDS bounce Harris has will soon dissipate--Fact that she has never done anything of merit will rise to the surface after this honeymoon.
Remember when they first started talking about Biden being removed long ago the hesitancy was because we would be stuck with Harris  lol
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 14:03:12 (permalink)
Yep, the boost she's getting will tone down. Same with the assassination attempt on Trump and his boost.

Debates will reveal more. If Trump decides to participate, which I assume he will. Getting called out by a woman, especially one like Harris - will enrage him and bait him in. 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 15:39:51 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Yep, the boost she's getting will tone down. Same with the assassination attempt on Trump and his boost.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Trump had basically no bounce from the convention and the assassination attempt. Or if he did, it was just a flat line and it’s going to fall from here.

There hasn’t even been a democratic convention yet. If democrats manage to get some good speakers and put on a good show in comparison to the weird shiit that happened at the RNC, I would expect her to be in an even better position going into September.

She also hasn’t REALLY started campaigning yet. Like it’s just ramping up now. When it really gets rolling, that should create excitement too.

And none of this factors in how many fumbles that trump and Vance will make.

It’s less than 100 days until the election. I don’t think it will be that hard to maintain excitement until November. But we’ll see.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 16:10:09 (permalink)
MyWar
DeadGator401

Maybe. Maybe not.

Trump had basically no bounce from the convention and the assassination attempt. Or if he did, it was just a flat line and it’s going to fall from here.

There hasn’t even been a democratic convention yet. If democrats manage to get some good speakers and put on a good show in comparison to the weird shiit that happened at the RNC, I would expect her to be in an even better position going into September.

She also hasn’t REALLY started campaigning yet. Like it’s just ramping up now. When it really gets rolling, that should create excitement too.

And none of this factors in how many fumbles that trump and Vance will make.

It’s less than 100 days until the election. I don’t think it will be that hard to maintain excitement until November. But we’ll see.

With this election dude, next week we may find out the Easter Bunny is real, and he's in Hamas. 

psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 16:20:53 (permalink)
Speaking of Hamas and now Hezbollah, the IDF is running up the score 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 17:00:47 (permalink)
psu_fish
Speaking of Hamas and now Hezbollah, the IDF is running up the score 

Those were some high level targets. Getting them in Iran and Lebanon may have been a bit overly risky with tensions already boiling. I’d say about zero chance of getting any hostages back at this point. I’d assume the IDF has determined they aren’t getting any back already.

Doing it during the Olympics is my biggest concern. If you look at the history of the Middle East conflict, much of it started with France/England double crossing both the Jewish and Muslims that Palestine was theirs if they helped in WW1. Just hope they can finish up the games with no issues. This along with Russia doing its thing and China testing the waters could turn into a pretty interesting thing.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 18:48:46 (permalink)
Glad they got that SOB - he was involved in the bombing that killed 183 American Marines,
I worked with a guy whos unit died in that building while he was out of the building
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 21:15:12 (permalink)
Wow, who was the absolute genius in trumps campaign team that booked him at this NABJ event?

This is what I’m talking about with Vance and Trump fumbling. Trump got a straight up gift from God with that failed assassination attempt, but he didn’t capitalize on it. And now it’s gonna be like this every time Vance and Trump go into an environment where the interviewer does anything other than drop to their knees and immediately begin fellating them. This kind of routine is not going to win over undecided voters.

Watch clips of buttigieg on Fox News. They’re like a master class in how to take questions from unfriendly interviewers. Of course he isn’t going to win over anybody that’s already a die hard trumper, but he isn’t going to alienate people who haven’t made up their minds either.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/31 23:39:50 (permalink)
Trump went knowing full well it would be GOTCHA attempts from unfriendly interviewers.
 Harris-who would have had softballs -didnt even show.
Says a lot,
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 01:14:15 (permalink)
r3g3
Trump went knowing full well it would be GOTCHA attempts from unfriendly interviewers.
 Harris-who would have had softballs -didnt even show.
Says a lot,

Uh, was she invited? I looked, and the only thing I see is her campaign is in talks to do this in September. 
She's not the candidate (yet), so it'd be a bit weird for her to be there...and with him? If that's what you're implying? It wasn't a debate - it was an interview. 

That interview was brutal. Absolutely brutal and hard to watch which is really saying something. His nonsense spouting tactics were instantly called out. Yikes. 

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 06:10:36 (permalink)
It was widely reported that she was invited. He was told she was attending. Then she had a last minute schedule conflict.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 08:20:58 (permalink)
It’s funny how right wingers are trying to spin this as “what about Kamala”?

Whether Kamala Harris was supposed to be there or not isnt really the issue. The issue is how bad Trump looked.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 08:59:35 (permalink)
Those like him should not have to answer to those like them. If they dare talk to someone of his standing, they better address him with “full respect” and not dare step out of line. That was the message sent.

That is the way this country was run when many felt the best about the country. Simpler times. A man could bring in a family income and the wife was at home raising the family. Most modern problems weren’t even a thing.

This along with everything about Trump is offering a simple answer to complex issues. There is never a situation that a simple answer solves complex issues. Unfortunately, many voters can’t comprehend much beyond simple.
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4913
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 10:38:14 (permalink)
MyWar

Whether Kamala Harris was supposed to be there or not isnt really the issue. The issue is how bad Trump looked.

Actually, it has nothing at all to do with “what about Kamala,” that’s just a conclusion you jumped to on the behalf of others.

It does have a lot to do with the organizers of the event.

Could Trump have handled it differently? Sure.

But he was baited and switched by the NABJ that Harris would be there, so he could say it to her face, as she keeps asking for, when they darn well knew she wasn’t going to show b

Then the event started over 30 minutes late, throwing off the rest of his travel schedule.

Finally, the first interviewer starts with a “have you stopped beating your dog” type question without even any other conversation, welcome, or introduction.

And all she got was a verbal dressing down, which provided the sound bites they were looking for, so when presented out of context, it looked worse than it was, particularly since the audience was laughing about it.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 12:13:34 (permalink)
 She was at a funeral, she will meet with the NABJ. Prisoner swap today with Russia. How is your 401K doing psu? Produced way more oil than the Trump term did. Could go on and on what was accomplished during the Biden/Harris term so far.

They all shook hands and said hello when he came on stage.
post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/08/01 12:16:21
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 12:32:34 (permalink)
DarDys
MyWar

Actually, it has nothing at all to do with “what about Kamala,”

O rly? Is that why every single right wing response to any criticism of Trump’s conduct during this event starts with “but Kamala wasn’t there”.

Bottom line is that from a purely political standpoint, Trump isn’t winning over undecided voters with this schtick. It only plays to firmly committed supporters.

That’s a big problem for him because it might have been enough to win against Biden, but Harris? We’ll see. It looks like she might have the potential to expand support well beyond the democratic base. If that turns out to be the case, she will win this election by a substantial margin.

The Trump campaign was beginning to make a serious attempt to win over black voters. After that display yesterday, do you think that is even remotely possible? Which other groups of voters can you realistically see Trump making inroads with?
Mitchell
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 118
Re: Trump 2024 2024/08/01 12:35:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby r3g3 2024/08/01 13:38:56
Harris will probably get a big bump now that she's President and got the prisoner swap done with Russia. (How long will it be 'til her handlers start touting that)?Maybe only needed to trade 10 or 20 Russian spies to get those two back. She must be President. Haven't heard squat from Biden in what? 8 days or so? I think it was last Wednesday. I can see Russia supporting Harris' election as they'd rather deal with a complete idiot rather than a partial one.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 43 of 51
Jump to: