Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 41 of 50
Author
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2024
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 09:01:58 (permalink)
DeadGator401
MyWar
DeadGator401
MyWar
Biden has covid.

Imagine the timeline where both presidential candidates die within a week of each other.

I feel like the craziest shiit in 2024 is yet to come.

Welp, here's your golden star - you called it. 

Care to make some more predictions?

1) Will it be Kamala Harris?
2) Who will be VP?
3) Will trump debate the nominee?
4) Which celebrity endorsement will swing Michigan- kid rock or Eminem?

It's gonna be Kamala. 
I think she'll pick Shapiro or Whitmer as VP. 
Trump will debate, but it's gonna likely be "rules" that tilt in his direction, as the last ones went in Bidens favor, at least that was the perception. 
Let's not forget, as with Biden, Trumps old. In a debate setting, it's likely that Harris will dogwalk him. Same with Vance would have with Biden and yada yada. 

Eminem would swing if that was a real thing. 
Comparing Eminem and Kid Rock is like comparing Crosby with James Neal.

I also think it’s almost certainly Harris. But the VP will be a white guy from the Midwest or a swing state (so Whitmer is out).

Mark Kelly is an interesting choice, but I don’t think risking the AZ senate seat is worth it.

I think it’s gonna be somebody like Andy Beshear or Roy Cooper. Maybe Buttigieg, but I don’t think the country is ready for a black woman/**** man ticket. I would love to see buttigieg debate Vance though. I’ll bet that would actually be a compelling debate.

Shapiro on the ticket would likely clinch PA, and whichever candidate wins PA would likely win the election. I kind of hope it’s not him though. I’d prefer to see him serve his term.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2555
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 09:56:31 (permalink)
Well I must admit I usually don’t see eye to eye with My War but I think his above post is spot on. Harris and Shapiro will clinch PA. I don’t believe that she is very popular but it’s going to be hard to run against her because of her gender and ethnic background. Sharpiro has a pretty high approval rating here in PA . If this is the ticket the democrats go with, I predict they will win the election.

"If someone offers you a breath mint, take it.

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9805
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 10:42:46 (permalink)
I think the Harris/Shapiro ticket would be strong too. But it would likely have some issues in MI and other Israeli protester areas. I’m not sure if wrapping up PA would be enough. I doubt it would happen, but adding Joe Manchin would give a nice mix. It would probably anger the fanatic base, so doubt it would ever happen. Either that or a Republican with a spine that has bucked the Nazi movement, would be my choice.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 11:41:37 (permalink)
Porktown
I think the Harris/Shapiro ticket would be strong too. But it would likely have some issues in MI and other Israeli protester areas. I’m not sure if wrapping up PA would be enough. I doubt it would happen, but adding Joe Manchin would give a nice mix. It would probably anger the fanatic base, so doubt it would ever happen. Either that or a Republican with a spine that has bucked the Nazi movement, would be my choice.

Manchin lol. He’s 76. He’s also another fossil at this point. I know you love this guy but I can’t imagine why any party leaders or prominent elected democrats would support him since he basically walked away from the party a few months ago. Guys like Cooper and Beshear are the new Manchins.

It’s correct that winning PA won’t mathematically guarantee an EC win for democrats but if I’m not mistaken I think it actually does clinch it for republicans. Either way it’s a very important state for both parties.

Shapiro is also on record as being pro Israel. So that might be a liability in swing states like MI. But on the other hand just getting rid of Biden might give the party a chance to reset this issue in the minds of the voters who are extremely sensitive to it. Hard to say until we get a nominee and we start to see some policy positions sketched out.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3467
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 13:49:11 (permalink)
MyWar
Manchin lol. He’s 76. He’s also another fossil at this point. I know you love this guy but I can’t imagine why any party leaders or prominent elected democrats would support him since he basically walked away from the party a few months ago. Guys like Cooper and Beshear are the new Manchins.

Like said, I couldn’t see it happening. Same thing with a Republican that bucked the Nazi movement as a candidate. Brian Kemp would be a slam dunk, but far too conservative for the Dems to even consider. Would be similar to what France just did to shut the door on their far right wacky wing from taking over. Back when civility was in politics, there were Presidents that would have opposing party members in key positions. Never VP of course, but if Trump really is a “threat to Democracy”, I’d think this would be the time to buck that system.

Personally, I think that threat to Democracy thing is a little overblown. I don’t think a Trump win would be good, but I don’t buy it being any different than how the clown golfed 90% of his first term. Then tweet and get on the air and talk nonsense. Amazing so many worship the guy, but that is how cults work.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1275
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 14:38:47 (permalink)
I just guess it's a pretty big cult. getting bigger to blacks,Hispanics,Gen Zers. Let's Go Kamela.
Mitchell
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 115
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 15:23:30 (permalink)
Premature to surmise who the Democrat nominee will be, given the line of bull that's going on right now. It's time for one of those Yogi Berra type euphenisms to come into play. "We won't know 'til we know". 

What ya might want to watch is WHO did not endorse Harris following Biden's endorsement. Obama, Schumer, Durbin, Jeffries, Pelosi etc. Obama has openly stated that the Democrat heads will come together to choose the "correct" candidate, and kinda leaves Harris sucking hind teat. That confirms my suspicion that Obama and Pelosi have been in charge and running the govenment since the '20 election, 'cause most of the time Biden was in the dark about what's going on. Pelosi ain't the leader anymore; Jeffries is the minority leader, and yet the media and the upper echelons of the 'Crat party don't seem to even give him the time of day. If they get Harris booted off the ticket, the 'Crat party can kiss the minority vote goodbye.

JMHO! I gave ya my two cents. Can I have my $0.98 change?
post edited by Mitchell - 2024/07/22 15:25:11

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 15:29:59 (permalink)
Pelosi endorsed Harris earlier today.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2555
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 15:55:12 (permalink)
Porktown
Pelosi endorsed Harris earlier today.

Well pork, if I remember you posted awhile back that you would be glad when the election was over.
Looks like ya got your enthusiasm back!
Another yogism: “it ain’t over till it’s over.”

"If someone offers you a breath mint, take it.

r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3113
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 15:59:19 (permalink)
Dems are in a box--They know Harris has less going for her than Joe even did--Heck she basically lost the primary to him coming in about last.
However they cant bounce a box checking woman off of the ticket, she may even get a short poll increase because of that- doubt it will last  though as her reputation wont really change and now she must speak more and will be critiqued.
Any debate against Trump will  be about as successful as joes was lol,
post edited by r3g3 - 2024/07/22 16:01:34
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 16:42:27 (permalink)
bigfoot
Well pork, if I remember you posted awhile back that you would be glad when the election was over.
Looks like ya got your enthusiasm back!
Another yogism: “it ain’t over till it’s over.”

Still stand by it being over. Just got off of vacation and can only handle about an hour or two of work before needing to take a break. I’m pretty limited in what I can waste time on during work hours. People need to post more fishing reports to help my breaks be more productive!
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 16:55:52 (permalink)
Mitchell
That confirms my suspicion that Obama and Pelosi have been in charge and running the govenment since the '20 election, 'cause most of the time Biden was in the dark about what's going on. Pelosi ain't the leader anymore; Jeffries is the minority leader, and yet the media and the upper echelons of the 'Crat party don't seem to even give him the time of day. If they get Harris booted off the ticket, the 'Crat party can kiss the minority vote goodbye.

Definitely some tinfoil hat stuff in here, but as far as Pelosi, I don’t think it’s a secret that she is still an extremely influential voice in the party. She also goes way way way back with Biden, and if she was telling him he needs to seriously consider stepping aside, I’ll bet he listened.

It makes way more sense coming from her than Jeffries because Pelosi and Biden have been friends and colleagues for what, 30 or 40 years? Jeffries is part of the next generation. Pelosi’s career is just about over, and she was wise enough to step down from a leadership position when it was the right time, which makes it even more significant if she told Biden to do the same.

Obama has absolutely nothing to do with actually running government now though. But like Pelosi, he is very well respected, so when he talks, people listen.

I don’t think it’s any more complicated or mysterious than that.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 17:51:58 (permalink)
Think War just hit some nails on the head.
Still wondering about the Clintons though, cant figure out if they just joined the fray lately or if Hillary is sniffing around trying to run,  although they did just endorse Harris.
Also kinda think if Harris didnt fill some boxes the Dems appreciate she could get bounced even now, But dont think they have the guts even though some would  like to see someone else on top.
post edited by r3g3 - 2024/07/22 19:08:10
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 19:23:50 (permalink)
 She already has enough support and is running. Over 83 million raised in a day. 
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 19:35:25 (permalink)
 If her campaign will go after Trump hard like this she has a decent chance to win against the old fart.   https://www.realclearpoli...imary_campaign_ad.html

Interest in the Harris campaign surges

More than 28,000 new volunteers have registered to join Harris’ campaign since Biden chose to withdraw his candidacy and bestow his campaign infrastructure to his VP. It’s a rate more than 100 times an average day from the previous Biden reelection campaign, underscoring the enthusiasm behind Harris.

post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/07/22 19:44:11
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/22 20:44:01 (permalink)
Face it she has long been thought of as a wingnut--have to think they are putting a best foot forward drumming up support. Heck she couldnt even stay in the campaign  4 years ago for lack of support.
Cant blame them though for trying to paint a big rosy picture after the mayhem of  the past few weeks,
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 01:30:34 (permalink)
 Yeah, over a 100 million raised since Biden stepped down. Will just be nice to see someone that can skip or dance up and down those stairs while boarding or getting off at the landing strips from now on 

Hold my breath when watching Biden or Trump on the stairs. 

Watched some of the LARGE black events she has attended in the past few years. Seems to have had great times (fun) and the crowds seemed to love her.  

Seems she was strict / demanding to the people below her from my research. Reason for not being popular. A VP should be just that if you ask me.  
post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/07/23 01:53:16
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 02:03:50 (permalink)
 Yeah this debate wasn't so great LOL!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8EQFhj8ca4

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 07:21:59 (permalink)
But what is her golf handicap? You know, what really matters when being POTUS!
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3138
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 08:12:21 (permalink)
The director of the Secret Service is DEI in action, what a pitiful performance on capital hill. Why hasnt Biden fired her yet? 
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 08:43:21 (permalink)
crappiefisher

Seems she was strict / demanding to the people below her from my research. Reason for not being popular. A VP should be just that if you ask me.  

Ezra Klein did a pretty good podcast about Harris a few weeks ago. The co-host of this episode shadowed Harris for awhile and they talk about the reported problems Harris had with her staff as well as a bunch of other stuff. It’s definitely worth a listen.

https://open.spotify.com/...N9MJFnSmTsWFNWFehgaOPg
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 08:49:32 (permalink)
psu_fish
The director of the Secret Service is DEI in action, what a pitiful performance on capital hill. Why hasnt Biden fired her yet? 

It isn't just her, but agree that the buck stops with her.  She wasn't on site.  Reports of that kid on the building for 15 minutes, spotted by a SWAT team.  If that report is correct, whoever was making the calls on site to not IMMEDIATELY confront the kid is a complete failure on so many levels.  If you are a LEO, do you really need permission from the site commander or 10 levels above them to simply go and check out what is going on?

She will be fired, no doubt.  I imagine whoever the site command was and likely many others.  I would guess having them not fired right now makes investigating a bit easier, without them all surrounded by attorneys pleading the 5th like Trump.
r3g3
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 10:56:36 (permalink)
She just quit--good
Hey, how about Sharpton for VP--get it overwith
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 11:40:36 (permalink)
Glad cheatle is gone.

Hopefully this sets a new precedent in this country for incompetent cops, so when they fail to do their jobs properly, they lose them.
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 12:38:54 (permalink)
crappiefisher
 Yeah, over a 100 million raised since Biden stepped down. Will just be nice to see someone that can skip or dance up and down those stairs while boarding or getting off at the landing strips from now on 

Hold my breath when watching Biden or Trump on the stairs. 

Watched some of the LARGE black events she has attended in the past few years. Seems to have had great times (fun) and the crowds seemed to love her.  

I think she brings a lot of "fresh air" to the current political climate, similar to when Obama ran for president after the political tensions of the GWB years.  While she is no Obama, she has the charisma to give people hope for change.

Usually the VP pick does not hold much weight, but in her case it may be the deciding factor.  While JD Vance does not bring a single vote to DJT.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 14:06:47 (permalink)
JerryS

Usually the VP pick does not hold much weight, but in her case it may be the deciding factor.  While JD Vance does not bring a single vote to DJT.

I sort of liked his view of Trump in 2016. Rather spot on.
CRAPPIE_SLAYER
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1160
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 20:03:05 (permalink)
I wish the old boards were still up. For the record, I called this 4+ years ago on this site when the then inept Biden named Kamala for his VP pick. No way the dems were gonna pass up the chance to install the first woman / person of color into the presidency. Surprised it took them this long to throw Biden under the bus. I will again be surprised if they let him finish out his term instead of making Kamala the "incumbent" president elect.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 21:49:43 (permalink)
 No way unless he gets so bad health wise he can't continue.  If she would win they would want her to have the chance to do two terms. Not a few months then a second term. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2024/07/23 22:06:42 (permalink)
Just watched the “Hillbilly Elegy”. Pretty good movie. JD had a pretty rough life. Wish he would have stuck to his morales and denounced the clown.
Page: << < ..4142434445.. > >> Showing page 41 of 50
Jump to: