Lake Wilhelm 2015

Author
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
  • Reward points: 0
2015/09/06 13:29:39 (permalink)

Lake Wilhelm 2015

Trolled and tossed crank-baits from the Marina to the "stumps" on Fri. and I must say, without a doubt......... stupid fish!

But, I did catch sumpthin that will provide me with some memories as Lake Wilhelm is known to never give-up her lures!

Should any yinz out there be thinkin you can lay claim to this once in a life time catch I say;  "finders keepers, losers weepers"!

Have a wonderful and safe holiday  everyone!  Catch sum "biggins"!

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/06 13:34:20

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

1 Reply Related Threads

BeenThereDoneThat.
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 11939
    • Reward points: 0
    Re: Lake Wilhelm 2015 2015/09/08 09:49:42 (permalink)
    For the very short period of time that I have been posting my comments I've certainly done my share of  over fishing conditions at area lakes including, but not limited to, Lake Wilhelm.   My included  about weed control, fish quality, 'PennState Fish and Boat Commission' plus, the constant 'residue from the male cow' we receive from the PSFBC biologist!

Well I'm writing this thread to tell yinz about my latest adventure to Wilhelm and just how  I am, not seeing any of those large schools of small shad swimming in their stupid circles on the water's surface.  Yinz should all be delighted to know those little pesky fish are now averaging 10" in length and continue a  job destroying a once fine fishery.

However, I did some research and found some information which makes me feel sooooooooo much  about the situation at hand.

Mind you, this is merely an article published in 2012 about the problem of Shad in the area waters but, I think the writer pretty much sums up the entire scenario which in my book says, just more "residue" from the PennState Fish and Boat Commission!

For yinz who wish to read the article note the comments on; shad spawning and weeds; how bass feed heavily on shad; shad predators being stocked, how the shad were introduced, draining and dredging, etc.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must go                

http://www.post-gazette.c...y/stories/201206030223
    post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2015/09/08 09:52:01

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

Jump to: