Ode to a Steelhead

Author
wishfishin
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 519
  • Reward points: 0
2013/10/10 20:12:37 (permalink)

Ode to a Steelhead

Last legal steelhead out of the contrail tubes?  Hit the tubes a couple nights ago--tail out black with fish.  Couple different guys came and told us that though we could fish that night, don't come back.  Said water was posted from the tubes down to the concrete slabs, and that the landowner had asked them to help spread the word.  We wondered why we had it all to ourselves...   Some great fishing to remember some great fishing...
post edited by wishfishin - 2013/10/12 21:06:04

3 Replies Related Threads

workcanwait....
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 729
    Re: Ode to a Steelhead 2013/10/10 21:30:29 (permalink)
    Nice fish and pic.
    I was thinking of posting the pics I took now I will.
    I strolled down there around noon walking thru dozens of fisherman clogging every "hole" on the way.
    Got to the tubes there was only 1 other guy there.
    So I fished it a few hours had 3 guys show up later and fished above me but noone coming from down stream or fishing tailout.
    I stayed in lower part of tubes put 2 on the stringer.
    Then got chilled from standing in tubes and was ready to call it a day.
    So I walked down stream to cross over creek and see what was in the tail out.
    There was a nice pile of fish there climbed up on tubes and took a few pics but only captured part of the pile there were MANY.
    Climbed down caught 1 more for da' rope.
    I rarely keep fish but they were fresh and I have a few people that I give them too that really appreciate them.
    I walked out bumped into another guy who explained to me what was going on with posting I had no clue before that but thought it was odd there were not more people fishing it.

shmoe
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 195
    Re: Ode to a Steelhead 2013/10/11 10:18:07 (permalink)
    Dang.. I only fished this spot for the first time last year.. Is the area by the slabs still ok to fish?
    wishfishin
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 519
    Re: Ode to a Steelhead 2013/10/11 12:57:32 (permalink)
    I don't know the answer to that question, Schmoe.  Frankly, the encounter left us with as many questions as we had answers.    As of Tuesday, at least, there were no "posted" signs (only "no parking") until you got to the hole.  Those signs are kinda high up and on either side of the stream, so it's not immediately clear what they are referring to.  One of the guys said they'd be stringing a cable. 
    Jump to: