Author
Remington
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points: 0
2013/08/01 13:13:14 (permalink)

trying to get "hooked up" at Lake Erie

Hey guys,
I am new to this forum. I live on the other side of the state near Lebanon. I am interested to go perch, walleye, or salmon fishing in Lake Erie but cannot put a group of people together from my area. I am wondering if anyone knows of a charter captain or a private individual who might permit me to join a group of fishermen so that I would not have to pay for an entire charter trip for just one person. If you have any suggestions or ideas please let me know. I am an experienced fisherman but as I've aged( I am 59) the number of my friends interested in fishing has shrunk. I am a US Navy veteran and I like to hunt and fish. I'll gladly pay my share for any opportunity. I would like to come out for a few days of fishing in August or September and though I still work I am self-employed and have a very flexible schedule. I know the Lake can be wicked and the last time I went out to Erie to fish in 2011 we couldn't even fish because it was too rough. Thanks for considering.
Remington
post edited by Remington - 2013/08/01 13:16:40

3 Replies Related Threads

bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    Re:trying to get "hooked up" at Lake Erie 2013/08/01 15:50:46 (permalink)
    I would recommend contacting several of the captains and letting them know you're interested in filling in open spots.... You can find a list of charters on this site...

Curiosity killed the cat, but for awhile I was a suspect.
    freshwaterdrumR
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 603
    Re:trying to get "hooked up" at Lake Erie 2013/08/01 19:02:11 (permalink)
    Check out ohiogamefishing.com there are plenty of people who will post when they have an open seat on there. Mostly conny/Ashtabula/Geneva. They actually talk about fishing over there too not like the nonsense that goes on here.
    Or try contacting charters to fill out a crew.
    Good luck.
    cbeagler
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1811
    Re:trying to get "hooked up" at Lake Erie 2013/08/01 22:15:43 (permalink)
    If you want perch, check out a head boat. The Edward John goes out twice per day. $32 to fish and that includes the bait. All you have to bring is your rod--but you can even rent one for $3 if you want.

Just remember that if you are fishing out of PA waters in Lake Erie you will need a Lake Erie Permit in addition to your regular license. A lot of us go with the combo Lake Erie and Trout stamp. But if you already have the trout stamp then you will still need the Lake Erie Permit.

And there are few salmon left in the Lake, they have been replaced by steelhead.
    post edited by cbeagler - 2013/08/01 22:17:25
    Jump to: