Pontoons at Pymie

Author
slabdaddy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1780
  • Reward points: 0
2013/07/18 09:27:03 (permalink)

Pontoons at Pymie

Does anyone know ALL of the pontoon rental places at Pymie? I have a buddy that wants to try it and I might tag along. The only rental places I know of are 1 in Jamestown, 1 in Linesville, 1 in Andover, and 1 in Espyville. Is that all of them?

Also, have the fish move out of the stumps yet or are people still catching lots of fish there? With all of the rain, what is the depth in the stumps? In May it was 9ft. I wonder if it is deeper now.

Or is Jamestown the best shot right now? I know I'm asking a lot, but it never hurts to ask. Feel free to PM me if you have a report. Thanks!

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

10 Replies Related Threads

Eman89so
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1806
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/18 09:56:39 (permalink)
    If your going up during the week it was dirt cheap  a cpl months ago to rent a pontoon or a 14',, best info I can give ya lol
    XtopwaterkingX
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 211
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/18 20:16:17 (permalink)
    Thats the only rentals I know of, like 100 for the day during the week. Seems the reports are sayin more in the south end. Im sure the heat this week didn't help the 8-12 ft bite that had persisted off an on the past few weeks but I dunno first hand
    frost
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 437
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/18 21:42:39 (permalink)
    Buddy of mine was up there the last 2 days (I'm out near harrisburg for work) and he sent a pic showing surface temp in and around the stumps at 89 deg. Soooo my guess is they're going to be deep with those kinds of surface temps. As for the rentals, yes I believe that's all of them and weekday specials are a lot cheaper than weekend prices. Not sure on how the fishing has been seeing work and/or the army has kept me off the lake for about a month now. I'm going to try and get out Saturday morning for a couple hours at least and wet a line.

The worst day hunting or fishing will always be better then the best day at school or work!
    slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/18 22:47:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reports guys. 'Preciate it.

“If you're in trouble, or hurt or in need - go to the poor people. They're the only ones that'll help - the only ones.”
    woodnickle
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8540
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/18 23:27:02 (permalink)
    Might be lead core time...:)

slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/22 15:44:52 (permalink)
    I think we are going out of Jamestown. Any advice? I haven't fished that end of the lake much. I'm really excited about my wife going. I haven't had her on a boat in a looooong time!

slabdaddy
    Pro Angler
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/28 12:01:33 (permalink)
    We rented from Jamestown. We covered a lot of water and I tried every presentation that I could think of, but no walleye. We caught plenty of catfish and perch. A few of the perch were keepers but nothing was big. Took home a mixed bag of fish and the wife had a blast. That's all that really matters to me. It would have been nice to have found the eyes and the slabs, but the wife did most of the catching and she didn't care what she caught! LOL! It was great to see her enjoying herself. Thanks to everyone that gave me advice. It was a good trip. Oh yeah, the rain held off until the way in off the lake, then it REALLY put it down for a while. WOW! That was a lot of rain. HAHAHA!

slabfinder
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 338
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/28 21:15:09 (permalink)
    If you ask me. Its Probally open water season at pymatuning. Trolling with lead core to get your baits in the zone is Probally the way to go. Along with a steady night bite. Headed up in two weeks will report back.
    eye crosser
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 119
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/07/29 15:41:29 (permalink)
    I haven't been fishing Pymie BUT at another lake I've been killing the eyes.  They have been biting in the 10 foot range over deeper water.  Strange to fish so shallow in July for eyes.   Who dould have thunk?  I'm been catching more eyes in the last 2 weeks than I did all spring.
    donpgh
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 100
    Re:Pontoons at Pymie 2013/08/07 11:29:05 (permalink)
    On M-F (only) you can rent a small pontoon for the day (8am-5pm) for $95 - includes a tank of gas.  One of the places will add a fish finder for a few more bucks.   A couple liveries advertise the price, but all will honor the price if you mention the competitors.  Runabouts are cheaper.....$65 I think.

Wilhelm also rents pontoons, but I don't remember the cost.

If you get 2-3 buddies to go in with you and share piloting duties, it is a very affordable and fun day.

NOTE:  Don't waste  your time at Moraine.  Their prices are 2-3x what Pymy liveries ask.

My wife told me that if I didn't stop fishing every day, she'd leave me. Some days, I really miss her.
    Jump to: