NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING

Author
pikepredator2
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 953
  • Reward points: 0
2013/07/04 06:57:42 (permalink)

NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING

Stopped into a local bait shop to pick up some crawlers for harnesses for a day of walleye fishing.  opened them to take a look and was surprised to see worms that were only 2 to 3 inches in length.  checked numerous packages, all had the same sized worms.  hardly useable on harnesses.  went to another shop and found much longer worms.  what got me though, was this shop was charging the same price for the smaller crawlers as they do for the larger ones.  hardly seems right, as all these little ones would be good for is to cover a hook while still fishing.  if these shops aren't going to leave their worms in their bedding to grow, the least they can do is charge appropriately.  so buyers beware.  make sure you're getting a dozen decent sized crawlers for the money you're spending.

8 Replies Related Threads

deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/04 07:48:29 (permalink)
    Those could have been red worms not crawlers. And if memory serves me right red worms actually cost more than the normal crawlers. Seems I heard one shop tell me the red worms were harder to get so they cost more.

The Deetz
    Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
    Mountian Man
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4118
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/04 09:03:00 (permalink)
    Its called go outside an get them by the hundreds free.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
    pikepredator2
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 953
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/04 09:39:40 (permalink)
    good point mountain man, don't know when i got away from doing that.  and brian, i know the difference between red worms and night crawlers.  the kid even said he hadn't packaged any red worms up yet.
    deetz4352
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3549
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/04 17:45:19 (permalink)
    pikepredator2

good point mountain man, don't know when i got away from doing that.  and brian, i know the difference between red worms and night crawlers.  the kid even said he hadn't packaged any red worms up yet.

Some dont know the difference but you already summed that up

And I go get mine for free at the local golf coarse at 11pm the night before like MM said.

The Deetz
    Fishermen are born honest,but they get over it
    CAPTAIN HOOK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2384
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/05 13:11:01 (permalink)
    You got ripped off that's it................some bait shops know how to take care of customers some don't. I notice now some sell them at a 20 count instead of two dozen !
    Trap Jaw
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 233
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/05 18:18:41 (permalink)
    And worms is worms.

I happened to get in line behind someone like you once.  Stood their complaining up and down that the crawlers were too small.  I reached around him and dropped the money on the counter and grabbed the bucket from in front of him.  Proceeded to catch fish just fine on the "midget" worms.
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/05 18:52:14 (permalink)
    Trap Jaw

And worms is worms.

I happened to get in line behind someone like you once.  Stood their complaining up and down that the crawlers were too small.  I reached around him and dropped the money on the counter and grabbed the bucket from in front of him.  Proceeded to catch fish just fine on the "midget" worms.

*woosh*
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    Re:NIGHT CRAWLER CAPERING 2013/07/11 09:09:51 (permalink)
    I've never used them myself but have seen on TV the Berkley Gulp crawlers being used on harnesses while trolling and they seem to work at least on TV. Much easier to keep, might be an option.
    Jump to: