New to forum

Author
ARG915
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points: 0
2013/05/31 13:30:53 (permalink)

New to forum

I just purchased a place on Tidioute Creek and am looking for other stream suggestions in the are to fly fish. Being new to the area and fly fishing any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

6 Replies Related Threads

troutguy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 642
    Re:New to forum 2013/05/31 14:20:48 (permalink)
    Welcome.

(assuming you're after trout) First of all, check out the PFBC's website and take a look at the stocking lists and the natural reproduction lists. There's plenty of options in that area for both stocked and wild trout. 

I've never fished Tidioute Creek but I guess it's supposed to be ok.  Other nearby options are Pine, Oil, E. Hickory, Caldwell, Tionesta, and Brokentraw just to name a few. Lots of others I didn't list but can be just as good. Allgheny too for big trout and warmwater species. If you're interested in some smaller streams(more so for wild fish) I'd be happy to point you in the right direction, but I'm not giving away any secrets!lol  Do a little exploring and you may just find a gem on your own.  That's most of the fun imo. 

post edited by troutguy - 2013/05/31 14:22:04
    ARG915
    New Angler
    Re:New to forum 2013/05/31 14:50:22 (permalink)
    TG,
    Thanks for the feedback, very helpful. Assumption is correct; however open to other species as well. I did go and check out the trout stocking page and that does help. I have fished up in Erie for Steelhead and some of the central Pa. streams for trout, but never up in the Warren/Forrest county area. It does look like I have a fair amount of options and some exploring to do. Again, thanks for the feedback!
    Accountant
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 528
    Re:New to forum 2013/05/31 14:55:29 (permalink)
    if you dont mind/if you enjoy a hike to find the fish, the ANF is an awesome location.  tons of cool stuff to explore there.  congradulations of your purchase.
    troutguy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 642
    Re:New to forum 2013/05/31 15:02:13 (permalink)
    ^Yep.  And in my last post I meant to say you can PM me if you're interested in those smaller streams, but like I said not gonna give away any secrets!  Plenty of water out in the ANF to explore.  Easy to hit a handful of streams in a day, or maybe just spend some time on one or two and do some hiking and even turn it into a little camping trip. 
    Chris Johnson
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 321
    Re:New to forum 2013/06/01 09:42:13 (permalink)
    Caldwell has a great FFO area.  I think Farnsworth still gets stocked by the club.  My favorite creek in the ANF is east branch of tionesta, up near ludlow off of 6, but coming from tidioute you may know a more direct path.  I used to fish brokenstraw once in a while too.  Look for a cornplanter kingdom map.

A gentleman is someone who can play the accordion, but doesn't.
    ~Tom Waits

ARG915
    New Angler
    Re:New to forum 2013/06/03 07:33:26 (permalink)
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. Spent sometime over the weekend checking out the area and the info here has been helpful. Really appreciate it. Enjoy the week.
    Jump to: