Oil Creek area

Author
Flyrddr1
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points: 0
2013/05/27 07:50:53 (permalink)

Oil Creek area

I had chance to fish Oil creek a couple of days ago for the first time and was really impressed.  Ive been fishing for over a decade and strangely enough, ive never fished it despite living in western Pa.  It was really a beautiful area and the creek seemed like a bug factory with sulfurs, gray fox and cahills coming off all day.  The dry fishing was a little slow initially but things heated up around 3 oclock or so.  I managed to land a few......all rainbows......and lost many more.  I will definitely be going back.  Id also like to try some of the tribs, like Pine creek though I know little about it.  Does anyone know anything about it or am I better off exploring Oil creek?  As a side note, Mike at Oil Creek outfitters was very helpful with sending us in the right direction on Oil.  Anyone that is new to the area might want to stop by his shop first for creek info.  Tight lines!

2 Replies Related Threads

Josh7388
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 344
    Re:Oil Creek area 2013/05/27 09:21:57 (permalink)
    Pine creek is nice, smaller than oil. They only stock brown trout. I would definetly suggest giving it a try
    Flyrddr1
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:Oil Creek area 2013/06/01 14:32:28 (permalink)
    Thanks, I will definitely give it a look.  Saw that it was on the natural reproduction list, which is nice!
    Jump to: