Two ponds on the Presque Isle peninsula?

Author
steelhead1994
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 154
  • Reward points: 0
2013/02/09 21:24:56 (permalink)

Two ponds on the Presque Isle peninsula?

I don't know if they have names but if you are driving out the peninsula they are on your left... I think they play ice hockey on them once in awhile... I've seen ppl fishing there before... Has anyone on here fished them before? Any tips/pointers would be appreciated!

2 Replies Related Threads

KingKool
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 234
    Re:Two ponds on the Presque Isle peninsula? 2013/02/09 22:45:41 (permalink)
    East and West Basin Ponds(Waterworks Ponds)

They stock the chit out of these with trout, and they also hold bass and bluegills. Not sure what else.
    The usual trout baits/lures work well - just be prepared to fight the crowds if you go on opening day/week.

PFBC stocked them on Feb 5 - hoping there's some open water next weekend - I'll be in the area.........

The larger pond (West??) has a number of turtles living in it (some big sliders and I would assume snappers).
    The smaller pond (East) gets pretty weed choked in the summer...............
    PS - NO Erie stamp necessary to fish these ponds.

4 out of 3 people don't understand fractions.
    BloodyHand
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2157
    Re:Two ponds on the Presque Isle peninsula? 2013/02/10 11:46:51 (permalink)
    There is a larger body of water to the south of those ponds. Wayyyy better fishin IMO. If it is the stockies that you desire, they are in there, but there are wayyyy better ponds, lakes and criks to fish for them IMO. What's nice about the square ponds is it is handicap accessible. Also a good place to teach kids how to fish.

BH
    Jump to: