7/25/12 fishing report Lake Erie (conneaut ohio)

Author
Sergeant Major
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 68
  • Reward points: 0
2012/07/26 19:13:42 (permalink)

7/25/12 fishing report Lake Erie (conneaut ohio)

Went out fishing hoping the weather would hold and not turn into a bust but as luck would have it the weather and waves where great. I was excited to know that Grizz from the forum would be out there fishing too. I hit the lake about 0600 and it was a little choppy going out but not real bad. I had on board a father and son. This was the 10 year old boys first walleye trip to the big lake and he was so excited. I also had  a good friend to help me with the rods. I decided to check out an area northeast of were I have been fishing to see if the fish are moving towards Pa waters for future trips. That was a mistake. We fished for an hour and caught 1 eye with little marks. Then my friend that was helping me turned green and I had to get him to dry ground. This took an hour round trip and now I had a young man really wanting to reel something in and I could feel the pressure. things didn't go well for the next hour with very little bites or marks. I did manage to break a down rigger and loose a reel crank. Murphy was kicking me hard. Then it happened we decided to move back to the area that we had taken fish the last time out and the sonar lit up and the rods started dropping. We ran the same program we did last week. We ended up going threw 8 dz night crawlers and catching 17 eyes and alot of junk. At the end of the day I told the young boy to grab the rod on the outside it had a fish on it and his reply to me was " My arms hurt and I don't have the strength to get it in" with a really big smile on his face. This young man impressed me so much. Never went more than arms distance from the rods all day and it got stupid at times with 4 rods going off at once. His biggest eye went 8lbs. Well I'll be out again next week. Good luck and be safe.

I can't fix stupid

1 Reply Related Threads

Fisherlady2
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2196
    • Reward points: 0
    Re:7/25/12 fishing report Lake Erie (conneaut ohio) 2012/07/26 22:13:37 (permalink)
    Glad you had a good day (after a rough start) for the young one...

We went out of Connie Sunday morning and ran North/north east also and had mostly junk fish and very few good marks or eyes. We didn't fish long because the water got rough early and we had a 'new rider' along also and didn't want her to have too rough of a day (one of our dogs on her first weekend out on the boat)
     We will head back out on Sunday or later this week since we'll be up at camp most of the week, if we hear you on the radio we'll give you a shout.
    .... thanks for the reports, is nice to see how other folks are doing out there with different programs.
    Jump to: