Apps to use on the lake

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
nwpahntr
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Apps to use on the lake 2012/05/02 11:17:44 (permalink)
thats all in the app I downloaded, compass, gps system, waypoints. I do have a compass mounted on the dash as well which will work even if my battery dies.
Rough House
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 192
RE: Apps to use on the lake 2012/05/02 12:41:16 (permalink)
sounds like a good app to have, but i agree with bulldog. Its always good to have a couple backups for those just in case reasons. Having a good gps system on the boat is pretty much a much these days. Ill have to check out that app. thanks nwpahntr.

Lake Erie Fishing Charters out of Erie, PA.

https://roughhousecharters.com
MisterZ
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: Apps to use on the lake 2012/05/10 09:45:21 (permalink)
I downloaded the Navionics Canada / US App for iPhone 4s yesterday. I'll try it on PIB this weekend. So far it looks very impressive (thanks again for advice RH). Lots of info already loaded onto the Erie / PIB map from other users. I easily marked a number of destinations. Watched a few tutorial videos but honestly it seems almost completely self-explanatory.

At first, when I tried to download the map it wasn't showing any depth or hazards. But after opening a 2nd time everything is there, and great detail. Anyway I'll post a review this weekend on the routing and general navigation. Hope I can get on the main lake just a bit this weekend but the wind might prevent that.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: