New to the boards and PA

Author
LaughingFish
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points: 0
2012/03/21 08:24:06 (permalink)

New to the boards and PA

Hubby and I just moved to PA last month and were eager to get fishing. We've been out twice on Presque Isle, saw dozens if not hundreds of fish jumping, saw a boat pulling them in hand over fist, and even saw a man pull up an 18# cat. I know there are fish there ... Why can't I get at 'em?

Tried small jigs, rubber worms, pre-packed minnows (I didn't realize Gander didn't sell live bait), salmon eggs, corn, small spoons, small spinners, and small plugs. You name it, I think I've tried it.

Looking for any advice you've got. We've been in Misery bay, the north pier, and the first grassy pool on the bay side (not sure what it's called).

Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

streamerfisher1
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: New to the boards and PA 2012/03/21 15:44:35 (permalink)
    welcome to the boards laughing fish. yes th fish are there and you are fishing in some good spots are u fishing for anything in particular or just what ever u can catch. and as far as live bait there is a bait shop at the top of the hill befor u get into the park.
    streamerfisher1
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 287
    RE: New to the boards and PA 2012/03/21 15:45:42 (permalink)
    welcome to the boards laughing fish. yes th fish are there and you are fishing in some good spots are u fishing for anything in particular or just what ever u can catch. and as far as live bait there is a bait shop at the top of the hill befor u get into the park.
    Jump to: